Am I getting old? (A thread that has nothing to do with politics!)

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
For those playing along at home, I just hit 50 last month. Sometimes I feel I'm perhaps out of reference with the people I work with.

We do these health walks after work (our plant is right next to a forest preserve) and during the walk, one of the gals made the comment, "I think I saw a Coyote!"

To which I replied "Okay, were there a bunch of wooden ACME crates and some badly designed traps?"

150px-Wile_E_Coyote.gif

and some of the younger kids just didn't get the joke... When I explained, they still didn't know who Wile E. Coyote was.

There are other examples from TV shows or songs that are part of my half-century of experience that were "before their time", but this one stuck out.

For some of our older posters. Do you have these sorts of experiences?

Desperation?

Panic?

With Obama outgoing - these fruitfucks are going to get weirder by the post.

warbler telling another poster, even that fuckwit joeb, that they sound like a 12 yr old is fucking hilarious.

You gurgling on a hot load is much more entertaining asswipe. Don't humor yourself.

It's not surprising that thinking about another man gurgling a hot load entertains you.

For those playing along at home, I just hit 50 last month. Sometimes I feel I'm perhaps out of reference with the people I work with.

We do these health walks after work (our plant is right next to a forest preserve) and during the walk, one of the gals made the comment, "I think I saw a Coyote!"

To which I replied "Okay, were there a bunch of wooden ACME crates and some badly designed traps?"

150px-Wile_E_Coyote.gif

and some of the younger kids just didn't get the joke... When I explained, they still didn't know who Wile E. Coyote was.

There are other examples from TV shows or songs that are part of my half-century of experience that were "before their time", but this one stuck out.

LOL funny. Yesterday, I introduced my two year old to bugs bunny on youtube. She just looked at me and screamed,"BARNEY!"

oh well....She IS two after all. Ill try again next year.

My 12 year old stepson informed me that he has never seen the Matrix. Then I realized The Matrix came out before he was born!!!

Yes youre old...and Im right there with you.

Getting old can suck. However it beats the only alternative. Up to a point.

I'm 72 and I agree.

They say the mind is the first thing to go, which is good because that way you don't worry when the really important stuff stops working.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

150px-Wile_E_Coyote.gif

LOL funny. Yesterday, I introduced my two year old to bugs bunny on youtube. She just looked at me and screamed,"BARNEY!"

oh well....She IS two after all. Ill try again next year.

My 12 year old stepson informed me that he has never seen the Matrix. Then I realized The Matrix came out before he was born!!!

Yes youre old...and Im right there with you.

Well, I take comfort in these kids don't know what they are missing. They think a cartoon is a half-hour commercial for a toy.. which most of them are these days.

150px-Wile_E_Coyote.gif

Back east they have ACME grocery stores and think nothing of it. When we visited our friends I was all like, "You actually buy stuff from Acme?" "You do know none of that stuff works for Wily E Coyote?" Suddenly it hit them, they'd never connected it before.

Yes, we're getting old. I talk about stars I grew up with and the kids are all like "who?"

I mean, how can you not have heard of Ma and Pa Kettle?

Back east they have ACME grocery stores and think nothing of it. When we visited our friends I was all like, "You actually buy stuff from Acme?" "You do know none of that stuff works for Wily E Coyote?" Suddenly it hit them, they'd never connected it before.

Yes, we're getting old. I talk about stars I grew up with and the kids are all like "who?"

I mean, how can you not have heard of Ma and Pa Kettle?

To be fair, most of the failures are because of the way Wile E. Uses the product. Acme probably has an entire legal wing dedicated writing disclaimers that he ignores... :badgrin:

Let's see . . . I'm trying to teach History to people (using the term loosely) who weren't around during the fall of the Soviet Union, think the Challenger disaster is back in antiquity, and think Ronald Reagan was President back in the time of the Roosevelts (whom they can't distinguish between).

Let's see . . . I'm trying to teach History to people (using the term loosely) who weren't around during the fall of the Soviet Union, think the Challenger disaster is back in antiquity, and think Ronald Reagan was President back in the time of the Roosevelts (whom they can't distinguish between).

so you are saying I should count my blessings, then?

Forum List

Back