Weird neighbors

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Just found out that my neighbor has 25 years worth of newspapers and magazines in his house and six lawnmowers!

Not sure if I should pity him or call the fire department.

Def call the fire dept or code enforcement.
All those newspapers and mags are a fire hazard.

But mostly only to him, unless they go up during dry season (something we haven't had lately).

Plus the end result is he will get put into a home.

But mostly only to him, unless they go up during dry season (something we haven't had lately).

Plus the end result is he will get put into a home.

Is he elderly?
Does he have any family?

I do like hjkick's idea....Hoarders!

I had one of the collector type neighbors a while back, about 20 years ago. It was kind of sad.

Single, about 65, dressed real well in a $2000 suit.

Found him on his front porch smoking a cigarette trying to sober up. Helped him into his house to make sure he was ok, and saw all the stuff. Unbelievable. He had every New Orleans Picayune newspaper since about 1965 stacked in his livingroom. With even more stuff in the kitchen.

Just found out that my neighbor has 25 years worth of newspapers and magazines in his house and six lawnmowers!

Not sure if I should pity him or call the fire department.

:eek:

I would call the fire department.

I had one of the collector type neighbors a while back, about 20 years ago. It was kind of sad.

Found him on his front porch smoking a cigarette trying to sober up. Helped him into his house to make sure he was ok, and saw all the stuff. Unbelievable. He had every New Orleans Picayune newspaper since about 1965 stacked in his livingroom. With even more stuff in the kitchen.

I collect books, DVDs, and Blue-rays myself.

You could always do a good deed to help the old man by offering to put his lawnmowers on Craig's list for free and someone will just come take them away...

And call the local recycle guy or whatever to take away all the papers...

Does he have family to help him...? :dunno:

I collect fine jewelry, fine china,antique sterling silver.... and it would seem at the moment.... kittens. :tongue:

This was different. It was junk stuff. I know, one persons junk is another persons treasure and all that. But this stuff was ...well....junk. His garage was full of plastic cups. Who needs 10,000 plastic cups? If it had been toilet paper I would have understood.

Last edited:

I collect fine jewelry, fine china,antique sterling silver.... and it would seem at the moment.... kittens. :tongue:

I collect dust...

I collected all of that, minus the kittens, while I was in Germany. Crystal too.

Maybe he just likes to read newspapers on the toilet as the stereotype says and he gets tired of reading the same one over and over all the time.

Forum List

Back