Zone1 Alright All Romantic Couples Be Honest

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Would you let your significant hangout with friends of the opposite sex? In my relationship we have the mutual understanding that the more people that care about you the better. Male, or female it doesn't matter to us as we have complete trust in one another. I'm just curious what other people on here think about that.

I don't hang out with women if I can help it.

I'd much rather hang out with the guys.
I'm friends and friendly with women but I don't have that much in common with them. Women generally aren't into engineering or any of my hobbies...other than cooking.

I love my wife...I don't want even a hint of impropriety to ever reach her ears.

If you love something, set it free ...

If it comes back to you, then it was meant to be ...

If it doesn't ... HUNT IT DOWN AND KILL IT!

Lol cute, but I still agree with you one hundred percent,... Except for that last part. XD Although I'm not talking about a breakup, I'm just talking about friends of the opposite sex.

Would you let your significant hangout with friends of the opposite sex? In my relationship we have the mutual understanding that the more people that care about you the better. Male, or female it doesn't matter to us as we have complete trust in one another. I'm just curious what other people on here think about that.

In all the time that we've been together (28½ since we met, 27½ years since we married), I have never had any cause to doubt my wife's fidelity. If she had male friends with whom she wanted to hang out in a casual manner, I would have no problem with it; though perhaps some modicum of caution might be called for to avoid any appearance of impropriety.

Last edited:

What do you mean by "hang out"? Neither my wife or I go to bars or clubs. I'm pretty much an anti-social person but my wife in involved in the church. She's been a representative for both the church she attends, and the one she works for, and sometimes goes to conferences, which involves some traveling and staying at hotels.

And we trust each other explicitly. Neither one of us would do anything to jeopardize our marriage, and I trust her as much as she trusts me.

Who the hell has time to "hang out"? I work 15 hrs/day + weekends (and more soon), and we have a 4 year old to chase around (with some help from the 14 year old). We catch the Pats on Sundays if the whole clan is available, but other than that - sleep.

Friends of the opposite sex need to be kept at a distance once your in a committed relationship. When you do socialize with them follow the arms length rule. Stay at least an arms length from them so as not to start gossip that will get back to your wife or husband.
And always be honest with your spouse if you do meet one when they are not there because they already heard about it.

What do you mean by "hang out"? Neither my wife or I go to bars or clubs.

Going to the movies or getting something to eat, but each paying your way for it. Or anywhere actually but that's what my male friend and I have been doing before I got engaged to my fiancee and surprisingly, he has absolutely no issues with me continuing to do it sometimes and actually wants me to even though I spend the majority of my time with him and I have absolutely no issues with him doing the same with a friend of his family he's known longer than me.

Going to the movies or getting something to eat, but each paying your way for it. Or anywhere actually but that's what my male friend and I have been doing before I got engaged to my fiancee and surprisingly, he has absolutely no issues with me continuing to do it sometimes and actually wants me to even though I spend the majority of my time with him and I have absolutely no issues with him doing the same with a friend of his family he's known longer than me.

We trust each other without question, and I have no problem with her going out with any of her friends. That's because I know them, and they're all decent, upstanding God-fearing people.

I could probably benefit from hanging out with them more myself. :laughing0301:

Friends of the opposite sex need to be kept at a distance once your in a committed relationship. When you do socialize with them follow the arms length rule. Stay at least an arms length from them so as not to start gossip that will get back to your wife or husband.
And always be honest with your spouse if you do meet one when they are not there because they already heard about it.
Once in a blue moon we'll have another couple over who has kids around the same ages as our boys and go to Saturday or Sunday school with them, but that's it.

I've been married 14.5 yrs now. Neither my my wife or I is very social. 15 or even 10 years ago I would have been jealous if my wife hung out with male coworkers. I still would be a little in SOME situations....like if the guy was young and handsome and charming (duh!). But at this point I have a number of female coworkers who I've befriended. There is NOTHING romantic or sexual about it. One is an older black lady (I'm white.) I just like and respect her and her history and her ways. We talk almost every day. She is a retired administrator of a mental health facility. The other is a woman who is a good worker with anxiety issues I can relate to. She recently hit rock bottom and almost lost her apartment and is suffering financially because of all the work she's missed due to anxiety and panic attacks. She's a nice down to earth person but kind of messed up. I once walked down the same road but ended up a bit better than her. She is single and has few friends. Recently in order to help her out I bought a handgun from her to help her pay her backed up rent, and to also get it out of her possession....although she genuinely seems to want to get better and has a zest for life. I don't really believe she was a suicide risk, and certainly not a threat to others. I told her she could buy the gun back some day when she gets herself together.

Anyway, I'm not romantically attracted to either woman. I just like them and click with them. My wife knows about them both. I've even considered having my black lady friend meet us for lunch or something. She knows a helluva lot more about life than the other ignoramuses I work with. She herself overcame substance abuse issues 30 years ago and has been clean ever since. I really respect her for that.

If my wife had male friends like these I would be ok with it. I also don't hang out with these women alone in their apartments or anything. As a matter of fact the black lady has 12 years on me! I'm over 50. Ive come to terms with sexual vs platonic friendship, love and all that. There is so much more to mutual sharing than FUCKING.

🍁

I don't see people as gregarious. Their need to hang out with friends is unwarranted.

Forum List

Back