"ALONE" Starts Tonight

History channel 9:00 central

I like that show :banana:

I love it. Those people have more courage than I do!

One of the early episodes- they're just dropping folks off in their spots and this guy drops his gear , looks around and sees bear prints. Whoops! Everybody outta the pool, I'm outta here! He was gone before leaving the shore, lol!

I've dealt with bear several times. My downfall would be a motto I live by and that is "I ain't eatin that."

History channel 9:00 central

I like that show :banana:
Whats it about?...

12 (?) people dropped off in some lonely spots and have to survive all alone in some pretty harsh landscapes. Interesting to watch the shelters and other skills they come up with. The being alone I think, weighs heaviest on most.

No one knows how many have dropped out till they have a last man standing for half a million bucks. They last a looong time.

Whats it about?...

10 people left on an island but they are miles apart from eachother so each is ALONE.

Last person to tap out gets a million $.

But they don't even know who has tapped out...In a month they could be going against 1 other person or 9...they just don't know.

No one knows how many have dropped out till they have a last man standing for half a million bucks.

This season it's a million.

Last season their shelters were crap...I couldn't believe that! I would dig a tunnel & reinforce it with trees & have the best damn shelter anybody has ever seen!

No one knows how many have dropped out till they have a last man standing for half a million bucks.

This season it's a million.

Last season their shelters were crap...I couldn't believe that! I would dig a tunnel & reinforce it with trees & have the best damn shelter anybody has ever seen!

Yeah... a million bucks! They gotta stay 100 days, right? I think I would eat raw yak butt for a million bucks. Pretty sure grubs and snails are still out. I watched a dude on Naked and Afraid cook and eat a big ole hairy spider once and I still ain't over it.

I agree about the shelter. It ain't like you have a busy schedule- you could work on it and get yourself a safe and durable place going.

Last season a guy got a friggan moose with a bow! Then other animals kept stealing his meat & fat :laughing0301:

Or was that 2 seasons ago?

I agree about the shelter. It ain't like you have a busy schedule- you could work on it and get yourself a safe and durable place going.

Not only that but you could auger out a chimney thru the dirt and make a safe fire place. Place some large rocks around it to absorb the heat & you're set for when the snow flies.

Make the opening small enough & no bear could get in.

Last season a guy got a friggan moose with a bow! Then other animals kept stealing his meat & fat :laughing0301:

Or was that 2 seasons ago?

LOL! Yeah, last season I think. I'm pretty sure he was the winner, eh? When the show folks showed up for his "medical check up" he was nervously babbling about how his weight loss wasn't any bad ole thing, and then his wife pops up.

Happy, happy, happy!

Not only that but you could auger out a chimney thru the dirt and make a safe fire place. Place some large rocks around it to absorb the heat & you're set for when the snow flies.

Make the opening small enough & no bear could get in.

I felt really bad for that fella that had to go because he started a massive fire with his shelter and everything he owned, lol!

I felt really bad for that fella that had to go because he started a massive fire with his shelter and everything he owned, lol!

Oh man! And just to add insult to injury they couldn't come get him until morning so he had to build another shelter or freeze to death.

One thing I like to do is have something to munch on while I watch these fools starving to death :laughing0301:

I checked...I have carmel corn & carmel bugels...which should I choose? :dunno:

I can't believe the dude panicked and tapped out!

The last place he used his fero rod was his "hot tub"...he also got undressed. 99.9% chance it was laying right there.

If he would have just stopped to take a breath he would have remembered that...but he panicked.

I remember that dude...he didn't even make it until sundown! He only spent a few hours there :)
Was he a black guy? Nothing racial. I get characters from Alone and Naked and Afraid confused, but did see a black guy who was a lot of talk about how prepared he was when interviewed at home, but once dropped it took a very short time for reality to hit him and he was gone. If he’s not the record I’d like to see who’s beaten him.

Was he a black guy? Nothing racial. I get characters from Alone and Naked and Afraid confused,

Yup, he was the black guy all big and bad until he saw some bear poop :)

I can't say that I blame him...I might do the same thing...but that's why I'm not on the show :laugh:

Forum List

Back