ALocalWay is now on the US MessageBoard

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ALocalWay, Jun 4, 2011.

1. ALocalWay

ALocalWay Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I understand it is impossible to buy 100% made in USA and shop local all the time - so I am devising ways to suggest to the public and small businesses to help push some of the $$$ back into American hands - unfortunately - it will not be my American hands - but I am willing to donate my efforts for a better America - maybe if I charged everyone on this site a dime for every insult - then the cash would roll in - I will set up a button for that

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Grace

Grace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +742
    There is your new thread topic. Start one so everyone can see it and participate. Got some mighty smart people here. And a helluva lot of grumpy ones too. Don't forget your armor.:lol:

3. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,932
    Welcome, ALocalWay.

4. ALocalWay

ALocalWay Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I am working on figuring out how to start a thread - lol when I started this one it directs you straight to the spot - I will get it up and gong in a bit - as far as armor goes - just had a shot of vodka - so I am good :)

5. Grace

Grace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +742
    Go to home page. Then scroll the forums. There is an economy one down there somewhere.

6. Grace

Grace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +742
  7. ALocalWay

ALocalWay Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Grace - you are just a Godsend - thanks!

8. ALocalWay

ALocalWay Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I did it - there won't be much action at the new thread - it's a feel good - let's try to fix things thread - and I had a shot of vodka so I numb enough not to care - lol

9. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,961
    B - Do your homework. And, always bite back. :lol:

10. ALocalWay

ALocalWay Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I have been inspired by this forum to write about the pros and cons of different types of online groups - blogging is safe - you put you opinion or idea out there and people rarely comment - social sites are more or less a bunch of personal jumbo from baby pics to where that person is eating for lunch (nothing really productive) - and forums are a place where people actually can communicate ideas and develope their thought process. You tube only gets attention if something is cuter, funny, or someone gets hurt - a great way to kill time. All of these have been over run with ad happy marketers - mostly out of necessity to support their sites up keep. The world today looks to social media to spread their ideas but has social media been so over used by spammers and ad companies that it has become as ineffective as telemarketing? I think that once you get past the Welcome Party at the forum, this is where I will learn the most - mostly from reading what others have to say because it is a dialogue with several points of view. After just one day my eyes have been opened to so much more than what I expected in regards to how people feel about the economy and what it will take to put things on the right track - so thanks to all for that! have a great day - and try to make someone's day a litle brighter - life is short - so why not? ;-)