ALocalWay is now on the US MessageBoard

Today is my first day so as advised I am introducing myself - my cause is to help stop reckless spending at home and inform Americans how shopping local and made in America helps - I know - it's been done before - I am bringing a new twist to it and attacking the issue in a new way. As far as big business fleeing America because they are trying to save themselves from government regulation and higher taxes - I say that they were built off the sweat of middle class Americans and they should remember that. AS far as waiting for change in Washington - are they even listening to us? The red tape is wound so tight up there it will be years before anyone can get anything done - so your only option is to fight with your checkbooks - bring jobs back with a change of your own personal spending habits - Join the cause - keep up with the blogs - we are organizing action soon -
Thanks for your Time
Amanda S
Average American

I take the S would be for spam ?.. ..peddle your wares else where spamanda...here at the usmb ...we have highly important issues to discuses like what the libtards are up to or what loons the teapartiers are...

It's like middle school with the mean kids picking on the new person....

That about sums it up. But I just call it the gauntlet. If she makes it thru the initiation and stays..she's good to go here. If not..she will just quietly disappear like the thousands before her. :lol:

As far as big business fleeing America because they are trying to save themselves from government regulation and higher taxes…

They’re leaving to maximize profit, it has nothing to do with regulation and taxes. If there were no regulation or taxes they’d still leave, unless you can find Americans to work for five dollars a month.

Otherwise, welcome.

Oh NOOOEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!

Somebody call the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMBULANCE!

once again - if you read through the thread you can see I mistakenly mentioned my blog - which is posted on this site and contains no ads - buy local and American - not from me - I don't sell anything - I don't even mention brand names - I tell people to read the label - why they should - how Autism shot up with imported lead based baby products that were cheaper than the FDA regulated American counterparts. I am asking people to find out where there money goes when they spend it - I am not trying to get them to spend it on me - I am looking for solutions - not to be attacked by a small minded group of people who are more comfortable fighting with strangers than to enact a little change in their own communities
How dare you assume that my intentions are anything but honest - my grandmother said that people who are so distrustworthy are usually the ones you cannot trust
Now I am reading threads on what can be done to help - go pick a fight somewhere else with your childish name calling

And as far as the intro goes - I have 4 children one is a 16 yr old son who is autistic, my husband committed suicide last year, I have lost everything and started over I found him hanging - I didn't run away - I got him down and performed CPR - I got his heart back - but his brain was gone - I do not run away from anything - I will let a bunch of ill mannered people who hide behind their keyboards stop me from trying to make a difference in someones life

I will log out for the night - but I do hope that someone here realizes that people get allienated by this kind of behavoir - that they are losing an audience when they attack for no reason - that maybe they should listen to something than their own opinion - God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth - to listen twice as much than we talk - progress is made when people work together - if you want the country to get better - then look for what you can do - ask someone else and stay away from me - but I am sure there are other people trying to help out there and you can find out from them

And as far as the intro goes - I have 4 children one is a 16 yr old son who is autistic, my husband committed suicide last year, I have lost everything and started over I found him hanging - I didn't run away - I got him down and performed CPR - I got his heart back - but his brain was gone - I do not run away from anything - I will let a bunch of ill mannered people who hide behind their keyboards stop me from trying to make a difference in someones life

Good for you.

That is sad about your husband. Especially hard on your kids I would imagine.

I'm sure it is rather distressing to some liberals that you won't play a victim and are trying to stand on your own two feet.

First off, you need to lighten up, missy. You come banging in here and start your mini novellas bullying people to read your damn blog, then have a hissy over some light ribbing. Get over yourself.

My goodness - you really don't like blogs - and I am talking to American consumers - if you don't like reading blogs - fine - some people do - I started writing them to help America and get a message out - I think that people who read blogs are people who are looking for other people with like minded goals - not looking to have their mind shaped politically - I really am somewhat offened that your are implying I am a mindless moron - I started this project because my daughter thought it would be a good idea after my husband's suicide - we wanted to help people - the suicide rate goes up when the economy is down - our intentions are pure and not self serving - the time I spend writing - researching and contacting my state rep - I do not get paid for - and I do have a bunch of ads paying me either - I am not a hypocrite - and I am not going to get into a fight with someone I do not know because my method is not the best way
Welcome to the fray here, but you're going to quickly learn that we play with real sharp toys and brass knuckles. So I hope you have a thick skin, quicker wit and high pain tolerance for idiots. As for my advice, Life sucks, wear a helmet, don't advertise...

And here's your standard issue lolcat.

163de733-9482-48c3-a283-a9a34332952c.jpg

I joined this site with a desire to connect with others who were concerned about the direction of our country - I was looking for a group of people who were discussing how and why we should change things - for the most part I got personal attacks from people who didn't even bother to "talk" to me - just blurt insults - how incredibly rude - you hurt your own credibity - I would never be so rude to anyone with a differing opinion than mine - people disagree all the time and can still gain from the conversation when it does not turn ugly And I will erase the goofy blog that is posted on this site with no links - so I do not see how I am breaking the rules

Good for you.

That is sad about your husband. Especially hard on your kids I would imagine.

I'm sure it is rather distressing to some liberals that you won't play a victim and are trying to stand on your own two feet.

Ditto. Good for you for joining the board and becoming a Supporting Member right away. Don't let a few cynical people get you down.

You're missing the point, Local.
I came here thinking it would be nice nice fluff stuff. I lurked awhile, read the threads. Then I joined knowing what to expect. I thought. But I stayed, because we DO learn from each other. Good and bad.
You didn't lurk before jumping in, did ya?
Lighten up. That's my advice to you. And wear armor. Oh, and finding some humor wouldn't hurt.

Quit being such a sanctimonious bitch, Grace.

Not everyone is the same.

I'll add you to the list of the 'offended'.

If you're here to discuss politics and shit, fine. But please don't use this forum to advertise your blog. It is against the rules here and some of us tend to mock blatant advertisers.

Pay no attention to her ALocalWAY

She is just a hater.

And she really hates other women the most.

She thinks they are somehow a threat to her. :cuckoo:

She doesn't hate me and we have lots of laughter together. She has a great sense of humor and is an original. In my opinion, after reading her for a year and several months, she considers NO ONE a threat to her...and I don't either. :lol:

***WELCOME*** ALocalWAY. I know you are trying. :)

There are no rules being broken by linking to a blog.

People are just being exceptionally rude tonight.

Maybe it's the bad weather.

Am I being a bitch, Bode? Sometimes I can be, but usually it's when I put on my bitch shoes. Right now, I'm barefoot.

Forum List

Back