Allow me to introduce myself.

Wolfie, come back....come back Wolfie...

Hello,

My name is Wolfmoon I am glad to know all of you. I've only made 3 posts and I've already been attacked for my screen name by Ravi. Wolfmoon is my real name and I'm called Wolf by my friends. "W", for short. I am here to learn something.

Sincerely,

Wolfmoon
USA

Whatcha doin' in France? Partying in gay paree?

Damn it! I knew right from the start, any communication would get us confused...

I'm from the west coast, of the EU! I'm living a peaceful frog life, well at least I try:

Je suis jaloux de vous, votre President est trop beau.

/Signing off

Damn it! I knew right from the start, any communication would get us confused...

I'm from the west coast, of the EU! I'm living a peaceful frog life, well at least I try:

Je suis jaloux de vous, votre President est trop beau.

/Signing off

Nawww. Just got you a bit tweaked is all. I like to goof and that's no joke.

I'd just like to know how it is you came by that name? Is your name Wolf Moon, or Wolfmoon is your last name? What is that?

It's my first name. A Wolfmoon according to legend, is the year's Biggest Full Moon. It's the biggest and the brightest and closest to earth during the entire year. (The picture in my post is a Wolfmoon.)

A Wolfmoon also has a scientific explanation:

The full moon when it's the biggest one of the year and as Earth's natural satellite reaches its closest point to our planet.

Earth, the moon and the sun are all bound together by gravity, which keeps us going around the sun and keeps the moon going around us as it goes through phases. The moon makes a trip around Earth every 29.5 days. But the orbit is not a perfect circle.

The moon's average distance from us is about 238,855 miles (384,400 km). A Wolfmoon will be just 221,560 miles (356,567 km) away. It will be 14 percent bigger in our sky and 30 percent brighter than some other full moons during the year, according to NASA.

Tides will be higher on the night of a Wolfmoon. Earth's oceans are pulled by the gravity of the moon and the sun. So when the moon is closer, tides are pulled higher. Scientists call these perigean tides, because the moon's closest point to Earth is called perigee. The farthest point on the lunar orbit is called apogee.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back