Allow evil or eliminate choice?

In the world of the conservative, every question can be answered as "right or wrong", "good or evil".

There are no "shades of gray".

RetiredGySgt, do people just go on, being born and living, after the Rapture IYO? I thought the Rapture etc. was supposed to be The End Of Humanity?

144000 will ascend to Heaven, the rest will be resurrected to a Paradise Earth. Where Jesus will be King and the Government will be God's Government. No more sin, no more evil, no more sickness, disease or death.

Oh dear, a Jehovah's Witness. Okay, I admit, I don't know a whole lot about your faith, RetiredGySgt. But I don't understand a few things you've said, so if you'll answer a few questions?

Why 144,000? There are 6 Billion people alive today and many times that who have ever lived. What could distinguish a handful from all the rest? There've been more than 144,000 generations -- this would mean that many generations had not so much as even one worthy person, which just does not seem possible.

Why are some left on Earth? And where do they go after they die?

Are you saying the Jehovah's Witnesses have no End Times belief?

Thankies in advance for your patience; I like learning such things when allowed to.

I am a Mormon. Though I currently am taking Saturday studies with a Jehovah Witness.

Ever read the Bible? The Bible states that only 144,000 will ascend.

The remaining people that are worthy will be resurrected to perfect bodies to live on Earth where there will be no disease, no sickness and no death. Once again, NO DEATH.

I don't get this. Everyone but me would put their own interests ahead of All Humanity's? Wouldn't you die for your Fellow Man?

If you would, then what's a little twilight?

The answers to this thread's Op confuzzle me.

I don't get this. Everyone but me would put their own interests ahead of All Humanity's? Wouldn't you die for your Fellow Man?

If you would, then what's a little twilight?

The answers to this thread's Op confuzzle me.

One can not be enlightened, nor faithful if one is forced. If man were forced to follow God then there would be no belief in it. No growth no learning.

144000 will ascend to Heaven, the rest will be resurrected to a Paradise Earth. Where Jesus will be King and the Government will be God's Government. No more sin, no more evil, no more sickness, disease or death.

Oh dear, a Jehovah's Witness. Okay, I admit, I don't know a whole lot about your faith, RetiredGySgt. But I don't understand a few things you've said, so if you'll answer a few questions?

Why 144,000? There are 6 Billion people alive today and many times that who have ever lived. What could distinguish a handful from all the rest? There've been more than 144,000 generations -- this would mean that many generations had not so much as even one worthy person, which just does not seem possible.

Thankies in advance for your patience; I like learning such things when allowed to.

I am a Mormon. Though I currently am taking Saturday studies with a Jehovah Witness.

The remaining people that are worthy will be resurrected to perfect bodies to live on Earth where there will be no disease, no sickness and no death. Once again, NO DEATH.

They're a christian cult, an offshoot of the very same religion that has unleashed evil on all humanity, Madeline. Youre a fucking expert on their faith!

Last edited:

They're a christian cult, an offshoot of the very same religion that has unleashed evil on all humanity, Madeline, Youre a fucking expert on their faith!

Neither Mormons Nor Jehovah Witnesses are a cult. Unless you mean in the broadest term possible where in ALL religion is a cult.

They're a christian cult, an offshoot of the very same religion that has unleashed evil on all humanity, Madeline, Youre a fucking expert on their faith!

Neither Mormons Nor Jehovah Witnesses are a cult. Unless you mean in the broadest term possible where in ALL religion is a cult.

I prefer the term "protracted con game".

I really didn't expect this thread to get off onto the topic of what is or isn't a cult.

After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree. Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: "Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God." Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel. From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed,

from the tribe of Reuben 12,000, from the tribe of Gad 12,000, from the tribe of Asher 12,000, from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000, from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000, 7 from the tribe of Simeon 12,000, from the tribe of Levi 12,000, from the tribe of Issachar 12,000, from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000, from the tribe of Joseph 12,000, from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.

Revelations, 7:1-8.

Correct, RetiredGySgt? Or has my Google-Fu failed me?

Oh, and to answer my own question. I'd choose freedom. Because I want the opportunity to choose good.

I prefer the term "protracted con game".

Religion is not a CON game.

Sure it is. It requires you to believe that some "skyfather" loves you and will reward you by and by, but won't do anything now. It requires you to believe that an immortal, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, being, actually gives a rats ass about entities that are, to him, at the level of insects. You have to be pretty gullible.

I still wanna answer:

Avatar asked if you'd surrender your free will to eliminate evil. How come no one but me has said "yes"?

Because we do not AGREE.

RetiredGySgt, I assume from your nick you are a vet. If you were willing to die for your country, why would you be too selfish to enter a twilight state to save All Humanity?

If a thing is worth dying for, isn't it also worth suffering for?

I still wanna answer:

Avatar asked if you'd surrender your free will to eliminate evil. How come no one but me has said "yes"?

Because we do not AGREE.

RetiredGySgt, I assume from your nick you are a vet. If you were willing to die for your country, why would you be too selfish to enter a twilight state to save All Humanity?

If a thing is worth dying for, isn't it also worth suffering for?

I believe freedom is what makes us what we are. No freedom and you have nothing, might as well be dead. No freedom and one does not believe in anything, aspire to anything, strive for anything. Not much point to being alive.

Forum List

Back