Alleged Rapist: "Witchhunt!"

freedombecki

Let's go swimmin'!
May 3, 2011
My house
Julian Assange Makes First Appearance Since Taking Refuge Inside Ecuador's Embassy: Calls on Obama to Renounce "Witchhunt" Against Wikileaks and Calls for Release of Manning

Well, if it's a Witchhunt, Mr. Assange, what are you worried about? I don't see any black pointy hat nor warlocks. Why don't you just go to Sweden, face the music, let the chips fall where they may, and stop being paranoid?

Any other thoughts?

And, another rapist:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIP_KDQmXs]Clinton, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman... - YouTube[/ame]

Then I guess I am a rapists also, well no they all said yes, so I quess not. I just wanted to be in the lime light.

Julian Assange Makes First Appearance Since Taking Refuge Inside Ecuador's Embassy: Calls on Obama to Renounce "Witchhunt" Against Wikileaks and Calls for Release of Manning

Well, if it's a Witchhunt, Mr. Assange, what are you worried about? I don't see any black pointy hat nor warlocks. Why don't you just go to Sweden, face the music, let the chips fall where they may, and stop being paranoid?

Any other thoughts?

He can't, they will turn him over to the US.

The presumption of guilt advocated by the OP and other subscribers to this thread are evidence that it would be difficult for Assange to realize a fair and impartial investigation in the context of good faith due process.

obama should renounce the witch hunt, bring Assange here and let him go, give him a little welfare to help him along and see how long Assange and obama last.

Any other thoughts?

Not true. But truth seems to be very far down the list of for the drooling Assange supporters.

The US doesn't want him. He just says that. The UK would turn him over to Sweden because it's Sweden that is extraditing him. Not the US.

The US doesn't want him. He just says that. The UK would turn him over to Sweden because it's Sweden that is extraditing him. Not the US.

That's not true either. We're not ready to start proceedings but... we definitely want his ass.

There's an excellent article in the New Statesman about it... it's a blog, but it's a very good piece regardless.

New Statesman - Legal myths about the Assange extradition

I suggest anyone who wants to defend Assange with yet more Zombie Lies reads this - and weeps.

Any other thoughts?

No, Britain wants to send him to Sweden to answer for breaking Swedish law, and then fleeing the country after he told a judge he would appear for trial.

The presumption of guilt advocated by the OP and other subscribers to this thread are evidence that it would be difficult for Assange to realize a fair and impartial investigation in the context of good faith due process.
Creep fled justice. That happened. It's against the law. Oh, and rape is, too.

That's not true either. We're not ready to start proceedings but... we definitely want his ass.

There's an excellent article in the New Statesman about it... it's a blog, but it's a very good piece regardless.

I suggest anyone who wants to defend Assange with yet more Zombie Lies reads this - and weeps.
This part of the article got my attention, California Girl:

Five: “By giving Assange asylum, Ecuador is protecting freedom of the press”

This is perhaps the strangest proposition.
Ecuador has a woeful record on freedom of the press. It is 104th in the index of world press freedom, and even the quickest glance at the examples of press abuse in Ecuador accumulated by Reporters Without Borders and Index on Censorship indicate a regime with a starkly dreadful and illiberal record on freedom of expression.
It has even recently been reported that a blogger called Alexander Barankov is to be extradited by Ecuador to Belarus, of all places, where he may face the death penalty.
Whatever the reason for Ecuador granting political asylum to Assange, there is no basis for seeing it as based on any sincere concern for media freedom either in Ecuador or elsewhere.

Ecuador is a freaking press nightmare country. They're going to kill a blogger who lives halfway around the world for talking about them, but it's ok if a "whistleblower" turns lethal info to US allies over to terrorists for cash?. :rolleyes:

The Strange Case of Julian Assange
August 13: Assange has sex with Ardin, who hosts him in Stockholm during his Sweden tour.

August 14: Wilen attends a meeting addressed by Assange, makes contact with him, gets herself invited to a party that evening.

August 16: Assange is invited by Wilen to her home in Enkoping, and has sex with her twice; once with a condom, the second time without.

August 18: Wilen gets in touch with Ardin and they share notes, after which they decide they’ve been raped.

August 20: They file charges, which are immediately leaked to the press.

August 21: Eva Finne, chief prosecutor for Stockholm, rejects the rape charges. The same day Ardin says in a newspaper interview that Assange was not violent and she didn’t feel threatened by him.

August 23: Claes Borgstrom, a lawyer – politician, inserts himself into the case.

August 30: Borgstrom approaches a prosecuter in Gothenburg, Marianne Ny, who agrees to resurrect the charges against Assange.

August 31: Assange gives a deposition before the prosecutor, and applies for a Swedish work and residency permit.

After Assange leaves the country, the prosecutor decides his deposition wasn’t enough; so an Interpol notice, an international manhunt, and an incarceration in London follow.
https://sitanbul.wordpress.com/2010/12/28/the-strange-case-of-julian-assange/

The two Swedish women who have brought sex charges against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange boasted about their relationship with him days before going to police.

Based on information available on various websites quoting police and court files, and reports in the Swedish media, here's an account of what happened.

The story goes back to August this year, when Assange was in Stockholm to speak at the invitation of Sweden's Social Democratic Party.
The event organizer was 31-year-old Anna Ardin, press secretary of the Brotherhood Movement, which is an adjunct of the Social Democratic Party. Ardin, who has been described as a feminist, leftist and animal rights activist, previously worked at the Uppsala University, handling equality issues for the students' union. (After pressing charges against Assange, she has been called a "CIA agent" on various blogs and Twitter. The internet is abuzz with conspiracy theories on how Assange was framed. Speculation about her ties to CIA is being fuelled by her alleged association with anti-Castro groups funded by the US.)

When Assange arrived in Stockholm on August 11, Ardin invited him to stay at her flat while she visited her family for a few days out in the country. Ardin returned home on August 13; she and Assange had sex that night. Both have admitted a condom was used and it broke. On August 20, Ardin would go to police alleging that Assange deliberately broke the condom during sex.
Sex accusers boasted about their 'conquest' of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange - Times Of India

I don't care what he did, my country should be looking after him. We should fight tooth and nail to ensure he is not sent to America, because he will be killed there.

Any other thoughts?

Not true. But truth seems to be very far down the list of for the drooling Assange supporters.

Exactly.

I don't care what he did, my country should be looking after him. We should fight tooth and nail to ensure he is not sent to America, because he will be killed there.

Complete nonsense.

So you feel Assange should be allowed to get away with any crime he commits? You are an idiot.

Complete nonsense.

So you feel Assange should be allowed to get away with any crime he commits? You are an idiot.

I never said that. I meant that if accused of a crime, the country that person has citizenship in should do everything it can to protect that person.

Complete nonsense.

I never said that. I meant that if accused of a crime, the country that person has citizenship in should do everything it can to protect that person.

You did say exactly that. You want him to get away with whatever crime he commits.

As you wrote: you don't care what he did.

Forum List

Back