All Lives Matter gets student suspended

Way to win the argument. You guys are really clever. You are right there aren't any cases of a student suing the student government. But lets ignore the infinitely more egregious cases of the actual university administration doing the exact same thing and losing in court excuses the actions of the Stalinists in the student government censoring their opponents and sending them to reeducation camps.

You don't have damn point to make. Forget the lawsuit, you don't see anything wrong with censoring a student based solely on their opinions and speech--you've said all we need to know.

She must be white. Hope she sues them.
No grounds

Agreed. She was suspended from the student government, not the university. I'm thinking many people commenting here didn't actually read the article.

That is irrelevant. Do you believe her saying all lives matter should result in a reprimand? Is this really how far the left has sunk. Storming conservative events, shouting down their speakers, censoring them in student government. This is absurd and if you can't say that there is something wrong with you.

I never said what they did was right. I said TheOldSchool is correct that there is no legal case for her.

Oh, that is a real deep insight into the issue. Do you agree that what was done to her is absurd? Do you agree that universities are raising adults that have the mentality of children, who simply cannot and will not tolerate those they disagree with. In the REAL world you can't do this to someone. In the REAL world--just like every one of those damn court cases, you DO get sued. WTF is your damn point?

Way to win the argument. You guys are really clever. You are right there aren't any cases of a student suing the student government. But lets ignore the infinitely more egregious cases of the actual university administration doing the exact same thing and losing in court excuses the actions of the Stalinists in the student government censoring their opponents and sending them to reeducation camps.

You don't have damn point to make. Forget the lawsuit, you don't see anything wrong with censoring a student based solely on their opinions and speech--you've said all we need to know.

It's pretty clear you are the one who doesn't have a damn point to make, or at the very least, I don't think you really know what your point is. You claimed you knew of at least five cases where students sued for being kicked out of the student government and won and when we called you out on that you now admit you were wrong, but then you go on to refer to "more egregious cases" that you still don't elaborate on. Now that you're all flustered we were right you then accuse us of agreeing with the student government's action despite the fact I very clearly stated that I never said what they did was right. I, again, merely pointed out that TheOldSchool was correct in telling you the student has no legal recourse. That doesn't mean we think what they did to her was okay, you just decided that was the case because you got butt hurt when you couldn't make your argument about the legality of the situation.

You're thinking with your emotions, not the facts, just like all those little left tards you are criticizing.

It's pretty clear you are the one who doesn't have a damn point to make, or at the very least, I don't think you really know what your point is. You claimed you knew of at least five cases where students sued for being kicked out of the student government and won and when we called you out on that you now admit you were wrong, but then you go on to refer to "more egregious cases" that you still don't elaborate on. Now that you're all flustered we were right you then accuse us of agreeing with the student government's action despite the fact I very clearly stated that I never said what they did was right. I, again, merely pointed out that TheOldSchool was correct in telling you the student has no legal recourse. That doesn't mean we think what they did to her was okay, you just decided that was the case because you got butt hurt when you couldn't make your argument about the legality of the situation.

You're thinking with your emotions, not the facts, just like all those little left tards you are criticizing.

I posted five cases of students suing universities for censoring or penalizing them based on their political beliefs. If those dots are too hard for you to connect, the similarities just a bridge too far. When I said there are five cases similar to, I did not mean EXACT word-for-word situation that identically match this case. I meant students being censored or penalized for exercising their political free speech. Of which there are dozens of examples. IF the university can't censor or penalize a student's free speech, why is it acceptable or beyond belief that legal action may be an option.

What authority did the suspending? (I had trouble getting the linked article on my phone.)

The student government.

And your stance is the student government, just like the REAL government, has sovereign immunity. Student governments do not have to acknowledge things like freedom of speech.

I just want to make sure that is your stance. The student cannot sue the student government for this. There is no standing. Even though there are several cases of the ACTUAL university administration doing the same thing and losing in court.

What authority did the suspending? (I had trouble getting the linked article on my phone.)

The student government.

And your stance is the student government, just like the REAL government, has sovereign immunity. Student governments do not have to acknowledge things like freedom of speech.

I just want to make sure that is your stance. The student cannot sue the student government for this. There is no standing. Even though there are several cases of the ACTUAL university administration doing the same thing and losing in court.

I read a story last year about a student at a university who was denied a spot on the school's diversity council by the other council members because he was Jewish and they flat out told him that. There were no repercussions towards the university for that decision and frankly, that kid would have had more of a case to file a discrimination suit than this girl does.

So, no, I don't think she legally has a case since this is a council run and governed by other students. If it was university staff that did something like this then I would say she may have a case for recourse.

The student government.

I read a story last year about a student at a university who was denied a spot on the school's diversity council by the other council members because he was Jewish and they flat out told him that. There were no repercussions towards the university for that decision and frankly, that kid would have had more of a case to file a discrimination suit than this girl does.

So, no, I don't think she legally has a case since this is a council run and governed by other students. If it was university staff that did something like this then I would say she may have a case for recourse.

Here's the first example. The ACLU sues Montclair State University Student Government ACLU of New Jersey sues Montclair State University student government group

Another example?

The student government.

This student won $25,000 suing his student government. UNLV student wins $20K after suing student senate

Another example?

These student government organizations are given budgets of $10,000's, in some cases much much more--and you think they are beyond litigation?

The left wants to censor speech. They do not hide it. The regressive left on college campuses all across the nation have articulated their beliefs. They believe they are morally compelled to silence those voices that further the white male patriarchy. The DNC is trying to get a documentary removed. Imagine if the RNC under Bush tried to get Moore's movie taken down.

If you don't know what's going on, you should be afraid. And you should be supporting the brave conservatives and libertarians that are fighting for freedom of opinion and speech who are actively under assault, quite literally.
In this country citizens elect representatives who refelct their beliefs. Same thing in a student government. The students that were elected by other students heard the cries from their constituents, and suspended the SGA member from participating in the student government for her actions.

Seems fine to me.
So it's okay if a student government ban speech they find offensive and that's okay?

The left wants to censor speech. They do not hide it. The regressive left on college campuses all across the nation have articulated their beliefs. They believe they are morally compelled to silence those voices that further the white male patriarchy. The DNC is trying to get a documentary removed. Imagine if the RNC under Bush tried to get Moore's movie taken down.

If you don't know what's going on, you should be afraid. And you should be supporting the brave conservatives and libertarians that are fighting for freedom of opinion and speech who are actively under assault, quite literally.
In this country citizens elect representatives who refelct their beliefs. Same thing in a student government. The students that were elected by other students heard the cries from their constituents, and suspended the SGA member from participating in the student government for her actions.

Seems fine to me.
So it's okay if a student government ban speech they find offensive and that's okay?
Serving in a student government at the behest of the student body is not a right

Seems fine to me.
Serving in a student government at the behest of the student body is not a right

It's about speech that a bunch of pussies like you didn't like.

Based on what you said, could a majority white student government get rid of all blacks and you be OK with it? Simple yes or no will suffice.

Seems fine to me.

In this country we have freedom of speech. In this country we don't send people to reeducation camps for professing different political opinions that do not inadvertently or directly call for violence. I have witnessed the political indoctrination, the complete intolerance and disdain for those with conservative beliefs. They believe it is perfectly acceptable shout down and assault those they disagree with.

And what did this woman do again? Criticize BLM?

Apparently, like the picture of the parents who decided to use their son as political fodder, you do not understand many things about this country.
Libtards hate this country.

Forum List

Back