All is not well, Democrats seek separation from Nancy Pelosi

Yes they did......The bill that passed was based on Republican legislation

They still voted against their own proposals

BASED ON REPUBLICAN LEGLISLATION?????????????

I would LOVE to see you prove that talking point.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Glad to oblige

Summary Of A 1993 Republican Health Reform Plan - Kaiser Health News

Much of the Federal healthcare Bill wasx also based on Republican Mitt Romneys (your probable 2012 GOP Presidential candidate) massachusetts healthcare Bill

You provide no evidence that this is the same plan that the Democrats voted on in 2009/10.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I guess they are going to have to dig up that dead beat Teddy Kennedy and pull him out of the box or the whole damned Democratic party is going to go down the tubes...:lol:

I guess they are going to have to dig up that dead beat Teddy Kennedy and pull him out of the box or the whole damned Democratic party is going to go down the tubes...:lol:

I don't see how that is going to save them, given "Ted Kennedy's Seat" is now in the hands of Scott Brown.

Pelosi has done a better job than Denny Hastert (Does anyone even remember who the Republican Speaker was?)

She did great work in forging a compromise to get the Healthcare Bill passed. It was one of the greatest achievements by a speaker in decades.

She serves a purpose for the Democrats. She stands up as a target of rightwing wrath and takes alot of the abuse that would have been directed elsewhere

Hastert was one of the worst Speakers ever. He didn't even want that job, it puts you under a bright light and he was so uninformed and such a puppet, it didn't behove him to be questioned about anything.

Pelosi is fearless and persuasive, 2 qualities that makes extreme rwns quiver in their gestapo boots..

They're going after her and Obama, doesn't mean they'll succeed. Rs have effed up their own hopes and dreams many times before.

BASED ON REPUBLICAN LEGLISLATION?????????????

I would LOVE to see you prove that talking point.

Glad to oblige

Much of the Federal healthcare Bill wasx also based on Republican Mitt Romneys (your probable 2012 GOP Presidential candidate) massachusetts healthcare Bill

You provide no evidence that this is the same plan that the Democrats voted on in 2009/10.

Hell, he didnt provide evidence it was a plan that the GOP supported 17 years later. And citing Romneycare (which is a precedent) doesn't make it a "Republican" plan.

Great Work??

Compromise??

WOW Is that what you call bribing and threatening her members to pass that BS bill??

A bill that the majority of Americans didn't want??

A bill that has no reform, no lowering of cost.

A bill that adds millions to the rolls and increases costs to anyone with coverage??

Yep. She's a winner all right.

Thats the way bills get passed. it has worked this way for 200 years.

The bill is far from perfect. Its weaknesses show the impact of having to compromise on key aspects like single payer and Govt Option

It was still a major piece of legislation for both Pelosi and Reid

What did the Republicans do?

Oh yes....They said Fuck you America, we are not lifting a finger to help fix healthcare

Typical elitist ruling class attitude.

Since WHEN is it the business of the Congress to "FIX" healthcare?

Where does it say in the Constitution they should "fix" it.

And what kind of "crisis" in this country makes it necessary to make a "fix" that is worse than so called "crisis" in the first place?

Just stupid!

Go to Glenn Beck with that "Its not in the Constitution" nonsense.

Congress has broad powers to pass legislation for the General Welfare of the public. If you think they are overstepping their bounds....you are free to sue them

Maybe Glenn will help you

Pelosi has done a better job than Denny Hastert (Does anyone even remember who the Republican Speaker was?)

She did great work in forging a compromise to get the Healthcare Bill passed. It was one of the greatest achievements by a speaker in decades.

She serves a purpose for the Democrats. She stands up as a target of rightwing wrath and takes alot of the abuse that would have been directed elsewhere

Hastert was one of the worst Speakers ever. He didn't even want that job, it puts you under a bright light and he was so uninformed and such a puppet, it didn't behove him to be questioned about anything.

Pelosi is fearless and persuasive, 2 qualities that makes extreme rwns quiver in their gestapo boots..

They're going after her and Obama, doesn't mean they'll succeed. Rs have effed up their own hopes and dreams many times before.

It is amazing that during the six years Hastert was Speaker, eight out of ten Americans couldn't even tell you who he was.

Hastert was a rubber stamp who passed no meaningful legislation

Well, considering Hastert saw Republican victories and Pelosi looks like she is set for a huge defeat for her party, how successful is she?

You guys can sputter all you want about the differences between speakers, but when your own party is trying to separate themselves from her? That spells, the party and she is in big trouble.

And now for the smilies that always irritate liberals so:

Glad to oblige

Hell, he didnt provide evidence it was a plan that the GOP supported 17 years later. And citing Romneycare (which is a precedent) doesn't make it a "Republican" plan.

Yeah, it's pretty stupid.

For a "right winger" all he does it spew Democrat talking points.

I've already heard this one, with liberals trying to claim the Republicans are actually responsible for the healthcare bill. But when none of them voted for it, it makes that spin look pretty pathetic.

And now the smilies that irritate liberals so:

Thats the way bills get passed. it has worked this way for 200 years.

The bill is far from perfect. Its weaknesses show the impact of having to compromise on key aspects like single payer and Govt Option

It was still a major piece of legislation for both Pelosi and Reid

What did the Republicans do?

Oh yes....They said Fuck you America, we are not lifting a finger to help fix healthcare

And what kind of "crisis" in this country makes it necessary to make a "fix" that is worse than so called "crisis" in the first place?

Just stupid!

Congress has broad powers to pass legislation for the General Welfare of the public. If you think they are overstepping their bounds....you are free to sue them

No, I WILL GO TO THE ELECTION BOOTH with that IT'S NOT IN THE CONSTITUTION STUFF! :lol::lol::lol::lol: That's where I will take it! :lol::lol::lol:

It is amazing that during the six years Hastert was Speaker, eight out of ten Americans couldn't even tell you who he was.

And passing legislation that Americans hate is better??????

Take that one with you to November, liberals!

And now the smilies that irritate liberals so much:

Just stupid!

No, I WILL GO TO THE ELECTION BOOTH with that IT'S NOT IN THE CONSTITUTION STUFF! :lol::lol::lol::lol: That's where I will take it! :lol::lol::lol:

The election booth!

I'm impressed. I wish you good luck

I've already heard this one, with liberals trying to claim the Republicans are actually responsible for the healthcare bill. But when none of them voted for it, it makes that spin look pretty pathetic.

I had heard that as well.

The HC bill is wildly unpopular with voters.

All the Dems voted for it.

None of the Reps voted for it.

Elections are coming up.

Hell. If I were a liberal I'd try to change the face of the debate as well. LOL

So why are the Dems throwing her under the bus?

If she's such a great Speaker, and her accomplishments are so fantastic, shouldn't her colleagues be flocking to her instead of fleeing like she was Typhoid Mary?

You all should just try and take healthcare reform away and you'll see very quickly how many Americans hate it.

The election booth!

I'm impressed. I wish you good luck

I won't be the only one!

I had heard that as well.

The HC bill is wildly unpopular with voters.

All the Dems voted for it.

None of the Reps voted for it.

Elections are coming up.

Hell. If I were a liberal I'd try to change the face of the debate as well. LOL

It seems all they have is to try to blame either Bush or republicans.

It's pretty pathetic!

You all should just try and take healthcare reform away and you'll see very quickly how many Americans hate it.

Yeah all the union hacks from SEIU.
Remember that the benefits don't kick in for 5 years while the taxes start immediately. Yeah, lets see how many people hate lower taxes and more freedom.

Forum List

Back