Alcohol addiction rehab

Sep 24, 2018
Hi there After my friend died from alcohol intoxication, I realized that our government didn't pay enough attention to the problem of addiction in the country. The state drug rehabs provide little services which are of poor quality. Also, the number of rehab programs are limited and don't meet the demand. This article https://addictionresource.com/drug-rehab/ confirms a terrifying statistics on addiction, as well as the fact that the state rehabs cannot satisfy the specific needs of the addicts. It is a great problem of the whole nation as more and more people need professional help but cannot afford it. We, as citizens, need to bring up this problem and make difference pushing the government to take action. Don't stay indifferent and be proactive for the wellbeing of the future generation of Americans.

Hi there After my friend died from alcohol intoxication, I realized that our government didn't pay enough attention to the problem of addiction in the country. The state drug rehabs provide little services which are of poor quality. Also, the number of rehab programs are limited and don't meet the demand. This article https://addictionresource.com/drug-rehab/ confirms a terrifying statistics on addiction, as well as the fact that the state rehabs cannot satisfy the specific needs of the addicts. It is a great problem of the whole nation as more and more people need professional help but cannot afford it. We, as citizens, need to bring up this problem and make difference pushing the government to take action. Don't stay indifferent and be proactive for the wellbeing of the future generation of Americans.
In the early 70's I had a near miss with addiction, I believe. My Grandmother who raised me died. I was working a new job and after work I would pick up my Grandfather and take him to the funeral home to stay until about 10PM and not get home until 11PM then up to work again at 6 AM. It was very tiring, so a neighbor gave me 3 of her RX 'helpers'. I don't know what it was, amphetamines I think. Anyway, they were GREAT! I breezed thru the event. On the 4th day, after the funeral, at work I could hardly hold my head off my desk, and I remember thinking that if only I had one of those pills, just to make it thru the day. Fortunately for me, I had no more, so I had to make it thru on my own. I spent 2 days of living in a groggy fog. But I know that if the 'uppers' had been available to me, every day would have been like that first day and I would have taken another and another just to get thru that day until too late. My point is that I finally understand how folks stumble into addiction in the first place. Nobody says "I'm going to be an addict or a drunk when I grow up!" Prevention helps, but those already fallen into the trap have a fight on their hands that few of us could or would want to face.

Forum List

Back