Alaska Sen Ted Stevens indicted...

Thank god! We have been living under his terror long enough and I hope this next election cycle will finally see the Republicans outed from our Senate and Congress seats. I knew it would either take them dying in office or being exposed for corruption to get Stevens and Young out of office.

I am glad to see he has been finally exposed for corruption. To us independent leftists in Alaska it has been basically common sense. The only thing I regret from this is we will be stuck with some moderate Democrat instead like it will be a huge improvement. I was thinking it would either take corruption or dying while taking a bribe in office that would get Stevens away from us.

I am glad to see he has been finally exposed for corruption. To us independent leftists in Alaska it has been basically common sense. The only thing I regret from this is we will be stuck with some moderate Democrat instead like it will be a huge improvement. I was thinking it would either take corruption or dying while taking a bribe in office that would get Stevens away from us.

What an embarassment this guy has been for Alaska. We need term limits bad.

What an embarassment this guy has been for Alaska. We need term limits bad.

Well I don't know if term limits would curb corruption, that might actually make things worse. If they don't have to worry about re-election.....

Senator Ted Stevens is obviously a liberal, just like Bush

I don't think "Republican" or "liberal" are good tags for Stevens. He's a politician. He's a pork king. He's probably corrupt. He's ensconced in his power base, doling out our tax dollars in exchange for feathering his own nest. I can't think of one damn good thing he's done (but if you're a Stevens supporter, please, fill us in).

In other words, just like the rest of 'em.

You are S-O-O-O full of it. Individual rogue democrats but a corrupt GOP. Puh-lease. You are such a partisan, blind sheep, dude.:lol:

You can't tell the difference in coordinated corruption and things like the alaska dude who acted alone?

I suggest you do some reading on Karl Rove, PNAC. Maybe you should have heard Jessie Ventura's interview on Howard Stern today. He's certainly no dem or liberal, and he understands what the gop did.

You are the blind partisan sheep so it is funny you call me that.

Anyways, nice reply. no proof, no substance, just name calling. you are truly a great debater and thinker.

Monica goodling admitted she played politics with the justice department. white house emails that would prove i'm right were ilegally deleted.

I could go on but why bother.

you wil just reply NOTHING and then end it with lol. Bravo.

You can't tell the difference in coordinated corruption and things like the alaska dude who acted alone?

I suggest you do some reading on Karl Rove, PNAC. Maybe you should have heard Jessie Ventura's interview on Howard Stern today. He's certainly no dem or liberal, and he understands what the gop did.

Anyways, nice reply. no proof, no substance, just name calling. you are truly a great debater and thinker.

Monica goodling admitted she played politics with the justice department. white house emails that would prove i'm right were ilegally deleted.

Citizens Against Government Waste:

The French Kiss Off Award
to Representative Mike Thompson (D-Calif.) for $211,509 in olive fruit fly research in Paris, France.

The Taxpayers Get Teed Off Award
to House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.) for $3 million for The First Tee in the defense appropriations bill.

The Cold Hard Cash Award
to Senator Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) for $165.7 million in defense pork.

The Tax Dollars on Drugs Award
to Representative John Murtha (D-Pa.) for $23 million for the National Drug Intelligence Center.

The Pantheon of Pork Award
to Senator Robert Byrd (D-W.VA) for $386 million in pork.

The Narcissist Award
to Representative Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) for $1,950,000 for the Charles B. Rangel Center for
Public Service.

The Pig in Sheep's Clothing Award
to Montana Senators Max Baucaus (D) and Jon Tester (D) for $148,950 for the
Montana Sheep Institute.

The Unidentified Fiscal Object Award
to Representative Ann Esshoo (D-Calif.) for $1.6 million for the Allen Telescope Array.

The Money Doesn't Grow on Trees Award
to Senator Richard Durbin (D-Ill.) for $344,540 for the city of Chicago
GreenStreets Tree Planting Program.

The Porky and Bess Award
for $7.9 million for 36 theaters in 21 states.

The Pacific Fleeced Award
to Senator Daniel Inouye (D-Hawaii) for $173.2 million in defense pork.

The Taxpayers Get Steamed Award
to Maine Senators Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe (R), and Rep. Thomas Allen (D-Maine) for $188,000 for the Lobster Institute.

This Pork Was Made for Walking Award
to Representative Virgil Goode (R-Va.) for $98,000 to develop a walking tour of Boydton, Virginia.

The Return to Sender Award
to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) for $196,000 for the renovation and transformation of the historic downtown Post Office in Las Vegas.

Yep its all the Republicans and only a few individual rouge Democrats. Its both sides....I don't think we should vote for the Republicans on this list, can you say the same about the Democrats who slip pork past Congressional debate or a Congressional vote?

LMAO! I'm partisan? To WHO pray tell? I despise BOTH political parties, thanks.

Mr Baseless Rhetoric challenges my lack of evidence? :cuckoo: If you can pull your head out of the donkey's butt long enough to look, try looking at politicians at every level . By and large they're crooks. Obvious no-brainers don't need evidence, junior.

Me challenging YOU to an actual intellectual debate would be like me getting into a gunfight with guy with no ammo in his weapon. You'd just get shot full of holes. Again. As usual.

Since you obviously need no assistance in making yourself look like a supreme fool, just quietly crawl back in your hole, huh?:eusa_eh:

I actually wouldn't have known what party he was from without looking if all the wingnuts weren't creaming their pants in this thread over it.

Oh? When I say right wing fruitcake you think I'm talking about you?

Not hardly.

Apparently the guy's a criminal. If he's guilty, he should face the consequences of his actions just as everyone else should.

Yup.

Citizens Against Government Waste:

The French Kiss Off Award
to Representative Mike Thompson (D-Calif.) for $211,509 in olive fruit fly research in Paris, France.

The Taxpayers Get Teed Off Award
to House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.) for $3 million for The First Tee in the defense appropriations bill.

The Cold Hard Cash Award
to Senator Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) for $165.7 million in defense pork.

The Tax Dollars on Drugs Award
to Representative John Murtha (D-Pa.) for $23 million for the National Drug Intelligence Center.

The Pantheon of Pork Award
to Senator Robert Byrd (D-W.VA) for $386 million in pork.

The Narcissist Award
to Representative Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) for $1,950,000 for the Charles B. Rangel Center for
Public Service.

The Pig in Sheep's Clothing Award
to Montana Senators Max Baucaus (D) and Jon Tester (D) for $148,950 for the
Montana Sheep Institute.

The Unidentified Fiscal Object Award
to Representative Ann Esshoo (D-Calif.) for $1.6 million for the Allen Telescope Array.

The Money Doesn't Grow on Trees Award
to Senator Richard Durbin (D-Ill.) for $344,540 for the city of Chicago
GreenStreets Tree Planting Program.

The Porky and Bess Award
for $7.9 million for 36 theaters in 21 states.

The Pacific Fleeced Award
to Senator Daniel Inouye (D-Hawaii) for $173.2 million in defense pork.

The Taxpayers Get Steamed Award
to Maine Senators Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe (R), and Rep. Thomas Allen (D-Maine) for $188,000 for the Lobster Institute.

This Pork Was Made for Walking Award
to Representative Virgil Goode (R-Va.) for $98,000 to develop a walking tour of Boydton, Virginia.

The Return to Sender Award
to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) for $196,000 for the renovation and transformation of the historic downtown Post Office in Las Vegas.

Yep its all the Republicans and only a few individual rouge Democrats. Its both sides....I don't think we should vote for the Republicans on this list, can you say the same about the Democrats who slip pork past Congressional debate or a Congressional vote?

I'm talking about illegal corruption. Stupid Pork Spending is something both sides do, yes. But Coordinated corruption on a Federal level? The GOP own that. At least in the 21st century. And I'm not voting based on the Democrats of the 80's. Are you?

LMAO! I'm partisan? To WHO pray tell? I despise BOTH political parties, thanks.

Mr Baseless Rhetoric challenges my lack of evidence? :cuckoo: If you can pull your head out of the donkey's butt long enough to look, try looking at politicians at every level . By and large they're crooks. Obvious no-brainers don't need evidence, junior.

Me challenging YOU to an actual intellectual debate would be like me getting into a gunfight with guy with no ammo in his weapon. You'd just get shot full of holes. Again. As usual.

Since you obviously need no assistance in making yourself look like a supreme fool, just quietly crawl back in your hole, huh?:eusa_eh:

Great, another wasted post of you telling me that I suck when others tell me they notice you guys gang up on me and I make a lot of good points. And you make none.

If you think all politicians are equally bad, just don't vote. What does it matter?

Who are you voting for then?

Republicans are like drug addicts. First, they deny being one. Then you continue your distructive behavior until you hit rock bottom, lose your home, money, job, etc...

This November we will have an intervention.

Great, another wasted post of you telling me that I suck when others tell me they notice you guys gang up on me and I make a lot of good points. And you make none.

If you think all politicians are equally bad, just don't vote. What does it matter?

Republicans are like drug addicts. First, they deny being one. Then you continue your distructive behavior until you hit rock bottom, lose your home, money, job, etc...

On the main point, I gotta go w/ Gunny.

Both Parties suck ass. They are EQUALLY corrupt.

I don't really know but it looks to me that the Repubs are owned by Big Oil etc. and the Dems have sold their soul to the Chinese.

I vote Repub only because I trust them w/ National Security issues and they are the closest thing to a link w/ an America that used to be great.

The Dems tinker w/ EVERYTHING, strip us of our personal freedoms in the name of "social engineering" and encourage aberrant behavior that erodes societal norms. No rules, no consequences, no order. And they can't keep their damned hands off what doesn't belong to them.

On the main point, I gotta go w/ Gunny.

Both Parties suck ass. They are EQUALLY corrupt.

I don't really know but it looks to me that the Repubs are owned by Big Oil etc. and the Dems have sold their soul to the Chinese.

I vote Repub only because I trust them w/ National Security issues and they are the closest thing to a link w/ an America that used to be great.

The Dems tinker w/ EVERYTHING, strip us of our personal freedoms in the name of "social engineering" and encourage aberrant behavior that erodes societal norms. No rules, no consequences, no order. And they can't keep their damned hands off what doesn't belong to them.

I sent out an email i got about the 2009 budget. Yes, both sides are fucking us.

As for the Chinese? Isn't that how Bush funded the Iraq war? We owe them BILLIONS if not TRILLIONS when it is all said and done. The GOP sold the country to the Chinese, and the Arabs, and the Europeans.

Stip us of our freedoms? Dude, have you been paying attention to what Bush has done with FISA and the Patriot Act? Spying on us? Stripping us of Habius Corpus? Trying to ban abortion. Throwing Howard Stearn off the air for indecency? The GOP reminds me of the Taliban. Religious extremists.

Oh? When I say right wing fruitcake you think I'm talking about you?

Not hardly.

Yup.

I don't think that. You appear to be intelligent enough to see that I'm a far cry from that. I despise them all equally.:badgrin:

I was referring to several of the more childish posters who from all appearances are pulling one off to the article.

Who pray tell is "you guys?" Anyone telling you you make good points is as loopy as you. You are partisan rhetoric bot.

You claim you make good points them you make a completely STUPID statement like your last paragraph. All that says is you and your posts are worthless. It's nothing but a baseless, partisan attack that serves no purpose but to show you for the extremist, closed-minded leftwingnut you are.

You would serve yourself far better by addressing the specific posts with some actual fact, logic and common sense, but you don't. You can't even flame me without throwing in a blurb about what you think Republicans are.

You ARE aware I am not a Republican?

And I'd sure like to know who my "gang" is? I don't need one. If I wanted to just screw with you, I'm more than capable. You can't even stay on topic.

You just aren't worth the effort.

I sent out an email i got about the 2009 budget. Yes, both sides are fucking us.

As for the Chinese? Isn't that how Bush funded the Iraq war? We owe them BILLIONS if not TRILLIONS when it is all said and done. The GOP sold the country to the Chinese, and the Arabs, and the Europeans.

Stip us of our freedoms? Dude, have you been paying attention to what Bush has done with FISA and the Patriot Act? Spying on us? Stripping us of Habius Corpus? Trying to ban abortion. Throwing Howard Stearn off the air for indecency? The GOP reminds me of the Taliban. Religious extremists.

There is a HUGE difference between borrowing money from the Chinese (although it sucks big time) and selling sensitive nuclear components to China in return for underhanded campaign contributions like Clinton did.

Can you say, without ambiguity, that YOU have been spied on? Hmmmm....?

THERE ARE CHILDREN IN THIS WORLD WHO NEED TIME TO LEARN BASIC VALUES BEFORE THEY HEAR SOME LOUD MOUTHED JERK DESCRIBING HIS LATEST ANAL SEX CONQUEST OF YET "ANOTHER STUPID GROUPIE SLUT". (His words, not mine.)

Public airwaves are not the place for "anything goes." I would make MTV a premium pay channel if it was up to me. Hey, I enjoy a good raunchy laugh as much as you do but damn, give the kids time to learn about love and responsibility and duty and MANNERS and above all, respect for sex before you inundate them w/ all our forms of debauchery. Hell, let's party! But is it so important that those forms of entertainment be so convenient and accessable to US that we end up raising a generation of imbeciles? I offer that rap shit as proof of the fastrack to raising a moron.

I've got kids man, help me out a little here, okay? Not on the public airwaves okay?

Finally, IMO, once you have brainwave activity and a heartbeat, abortion is homicide, justifiable only in the case of rape, incest or the health of the Mother or in very select circumstances a determination that the quality of life of the baby, if delivered, would be a cruelty beyond imagination. That would be a call only the Mother could make. I know I wouldn't want to do it.

Anyway, there is nothing, to my mind, so repugnant to the Human senses as using abortion as a means of convenient birth control. Ain't gonna happen as long as I have the strength to drag myself to the voting booth. I ain't moving on this.

You know what this little rant is all about? It's called responsibilty and personal values within the construct of a "social contract." You should sign up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who pray tell is "you guys?" Anyone telling you you make good points is as loopy as you. You are partisan rhetoric bot.

You claim you make good points them you make a completely STUPID statement like your last paragraph. All that says is you and your posts are worthless. It's nothing but a baseless, partisan attack that serves no purpose but to show you for the extremist, closed-minded leftwingnut you are.

You would serve yourself far better by addressing the specific posts with some actual fact, logic and common sense, but you don't. You can't even flame me without throwing in a blurb about what you think Republicans are.

You ARE aware I am not a Republican?

And I'd sure like to know who my "gang" is? I don't need one. If I wanted to just screw with you, I'm more than capable. You can't even stay on topic.

You just aren't worth the effort.

See my post about projecting. YOu are projecting.

See my post about projecting. YOu are projecting.

See my post about how stupid you make yourself look. I am voicing an opinion based on logic, common sense, fact, and observation. You present yourself as everything I said you are.

IIRC correctly, "you are projecting" is in the top ten of lameass deflections. On this page alone you have responded to me several times and addressed almost nothing I have posted.

Get a clue.

There is a HUGE difference between borrowing money from the Chinese (although it sucks big time) and selling sensitive nuclear components to China in return for underhanded campaign contributions like Clinton did.

Can you say, without ambiguity, that YOU have been spied on? Hmmmm....?

THERE ARE CHILDREN IN THIS WORLD WHO NEED TIME TO LEARN BASIC VALUES BEFORE THEY HEAR SOME LOUD MOUTHED JERK DESCRIBING HIS LATEST ANAL SEX CONQUEST OF YET "ANOTHER STUPID GROUPIE SLUT". (His words, not mine.)

Public airwaves are not the place for "anything goes." I would make MTV a premium pay channel if it was up to me. Hey, I enjoy a good raunchy laugh as much as you do but damn, give the kids time to learn about love and responsibility and duty and MANNERS and above all, respect for sex before you inundate them w/ all our forms of debauchery. Hell, let's party! But is it so important that those forms of entertainment be so convenient and accessable to US that we end up raising a generation of imbeciles? I offer that rap shit as proof of the fastrack to raising a moron.

I've got kids man, help me out a little here, okay? Not on the public airwaves okay?

Finally, IMO, once you have brainwave activity and a heartbeat, abortion is homicide, justifiable only in the case of rape, incest or the health of the Mother or in very select circumstances a determination that the quality of life of the baby, if delivered, would be a cruelty beyond imagination. That would be a call only the Mother could make. I know I wouldn't want to do it.

Anyway, there is nothing, to my mind, so repugnant to the Human senses as using abortion as a means of convenient birth control. Ain't gonna happen as long as I have the strength to drag myself to the voting booth. I ain't moving on this.

You know what this little rant is all about? It's called responsibilty and personal values within the construct of a "social contract." You should sign up.

Selling secrets to China is one other reason I didn't support Hillary. NAFTA, Deregulating the media and welfare reform, plus lying about being under fire.

I'll give you that one on Howard Stern.

As far as knowing they spied on phone calls? There is a guy that busted the phone companies for spying on him. He explained how he caught them. I can't remember all the details, but it had to do with a customer service call he got. He was calling from another phone and they said, "do you want us to route that to your home phone number 313-222-5943? And they were busted. Yes, there were several cases where peope figured out they were spied on. They broke the law. It is a fact. Why else did they give the phone companies retroactive immunity? Immunity from what?

We also know Bush & Chaney have broken the law several times now too. Torture to name just one.

Now you can argue why you think all these things are ok, but don't try to say they didn't happen.

I like you because you don't come off as a bullshitter. You say what you mean and mean what you say. I don't like it when people deny deny deny and then defend what was done when they can no longer deny. You don't do that. You are a straight shooter. LOL.

Forum List

Back