Alaska Sen Ted Stevens indicted...

I'm gonna vote Repub.

If this guy is guilty, and he took money from big oil, I hope they give him the max penalty.

I'm not rejoicing. I think it's sad, but this crap has got to stop.

'sides, it won't be long till a Dem is indicted for the same thing.

It seems to be endemic.

Sure there are individual rogue democrats that are corrupt. But the GOP corruption is on an entirely different level.

And consider that all the Federal Prosecutors are Bush appointees.

They even went as far as to falsely put a Democratic Governor of Alabama in prison for nothing, just so they could win his job.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/10/opinion/10mon4.html

And any good GOP Prosecutors that wouldn't do Bush's political bidding were let go:

Dismissal of U.S. attorneys controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alberto Gonzales is out as attorney general, but there is still a lot of questionable Justice Department activity for Congress to sort through. The imprisonment of Don Siegelman, a former Democratic governor of Alabama, should be at the top of the list. Jill Simpson, an Alabama lawyer and Republican operative, is heading to Washington this week to tell Congressional investigators that she heard prominent Republicans plotting to use the United States attorneys’ offices to remove Mr. Siegelman as a political threat. The case should be the focus of a probing Congressional hearing this fall.

Sure there are individual rogue democrats that are corrupt. But the GOP corruption is on an entirely different level.

They even went as far as to falsely put a Democratic Governor of Alabama in prison for nothing, just so they could win his job.

And any good GOP Prosecutors that wouldn't do Bush's political bidding were let go:

Alberto Gonzales is out as attorney general, but there is still a lot of questionable Justice Department activity for Congress to sort through. The imprisonment of Don Siegelman, a former Democratic governor of Alabama, should be at the top of the list. Jill Simpson, an Alabama lawyer and Republican operative, is heading to Washington this week to tell Congressional investigators that she heard prominent Republicans plotting to use the United States attorneys’ offices to remove Mr. Siegelman as a political threat. The case should be the focus of a probing Congressional hearing this fall.

It's amazing isn't it? Why aren't these *ssholes in jail?

It's amazing isn't it? Why aren't these *ssholes in jail?

Because the US Prosecutors are all Bushies.

If only 8 were fired, what did the others promise to do in order to keep their jobs? And who did Bush replace the 8 with? Most likely hacks from Regency University.

Because the US Prosecutors are all Bushies.

If only 8 were fired, what did the others promise to do in order to keep their jobs? And who did Bush replace the 8 with? Most likely hacks from Regency University.

Regent University.....it's about 20 minutes from my house.

Regent University.....it's about 20 minutes from my house.

I worked for a IT Technical Institute for a brief spell. The Christian school they were a part of booted them from the school because they were shady, so all the kids lost their financial aid. So I go to turn them into a business to business company, only I find out they aren't paying any of their employees.

Long story short, beware of people who seem overly religious.

The President was later found guilty of embezzlement and or fraud and sentenced to prison but somehow got away without serving any time. It's not what you know, it's who you know.

When I saw the writing on the wall, I started looking for a job. They paid me for 2 weeks thinking I was going to continue working for them. I quit right after I cashed my check. They owed me a week, but I knew that I would never see that money. I just wanted my 2 week paycheck. And I figured I spent a week looking for work from their offices and on their computers, so we were sort of even.

But I think of them whenever I hear of Regency. Con artists.

I worked for a IT Technical Institute for a brief spell. The Christian school they were a part of booted them from the school because they were shady, so all the kids lost their financial aid. So I go to turn them into a business to business company, only I find out they aren't paying any of their employees.

Long story short, beware of people who seem overly religious.

The President was later found guilty of embezzlement and or fraud and sentenced to prison but somehow got away without serving any time. It's not what you know, it's who you know.

When I saw the writing on the wall, I started looking for a job. They paid me for 2 weeks thinking I was going to continue working for them. I quit right after I cashed my check. They owed me a week, but I knew that I would never see that money. I just wanted my 2 week paycheck. And I figured I spent a week looking for work from their offices and on their computers, so we were sort of even.

But I think of them whenever I hear of Regency. Con artists.

Regent, not Regency. I went to see the 700 Club when I first came here. Pat Robertson was doing a show on subliminal advertising. It was hysterical. They kept showing these ice cubes in liquor ads that had scenes of people having sex in them. It was the most obscene thing I have ever seen on television.

Bet you didn't know that that was an old Mike Myers line...

dieter5.jpg

You'd have lost the bet, Schprocket.:cool:

Gotta love the libtards screaming BECAUSE it is a republican... where was that outrage for Cold Cash Jefferson and the rest?

If the guy is guilty... Rep or Dem or Indy or whatever... he deserves to be thrown out and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law

Valid point.

He's POS. I'm sorry, but after the "I'll resign from this body" speech, he can stuff it. Subjecting the American people to that BS should have been the crime. Bye bye, scum bag.

adn.com | alaska : Stevens says he'll quit if bridge funds diverted

If he's a crook he's a crook. I don't care for the partisan double-standard Republicans are held to, but if he's crooked, he needs to pay for his crimes.

Ever notice though how only Republicans are crooks? Sorry, but I don't believe it. I think Democrats are just as dirty. Guess they're just better crooks.:lol:

You are S-O-O-O full of it. Individual rogue democrats but a corrupt GOP. Puh-lease. You are such a partisan, blind sheep, dude.:lol:

Are you leftwingnuts gonna sit in corner giggling and thumping each other on the pee-pee too?:eusa_eh:

I better change my tagline from Administrator to Child Daycare Provider.

Knock knock, are you certified to be a child daycare provider? :eusa_whistle:

Gotta love the libtards screaming BECAUSE it is a republican... where was that outrage for Cold Cash Jefferson and the rest?

If the guy is guilty... Rep or Dem or Indy or whatever... he deserves to be thrown out and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law

I've not heard one person say they want jefferson hanging about...

Sen. Ted Stevens, the longest-serving Republican senator and a storied figure in Alaska's political history, was indicted today on seven felony counts of making false statements in a corruption case.

Prosecutors said the 84-year-old Stevens, required to file financial disclosure forms with the Senate on gifts greater than $10,000, had accepted innumerable gifts valued at $250,000 from the oil services company VECO and its CEO from 1999 to 2006 without reporting them. The gifts included material and labor used in the renovation of Stevens' private vacation home in Girdwood section of Anchorage, including a new first floor, a garage, a wraparound deck, plumbing and electrical wiring, as well as a Viking gas grill, furniture and tools.

Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens indicted on corruption counts - Los Angeles Times

Forum List

Back