Alaska reelects 84 year old convicted felon

He was not convicted in Alaska, he was convicted by a partisan court in DC. He still has appeals. Last I checked until those are done he does not in fact go to jail.

Ah, yes ...

This folks, is what we call the "Scooter defense."

He was convicted.

Yes, he has appeals but the fact is that on election day Ted Stevens was a convicted multiple felon.

Convicted felons should not be allowed to serve in the Senate.

We also need term limits to get rid of these senile old goats like Byrd and Stevens.

Yes, there was a resaon to vote for Stevens.

The way I understand it: Palin can assume Stevens' seat if she chooses. So if Stevens gets convicted (regardless of whether or not he ever spends a day behind bars) I think Palin will take his seat.

That lady is going to be POTUS, in due time.

Palin is going to appoint Todd to Steven's seat.

i thought she was gonna be in jail, chrissie?

it's reassuring to know that even with a change in administration, you're still a dope-a constant in this everchanging world we live in.

Try going a day without insulting people in every post.

I don't believe you can do it.

if alaskans want to be represented by a corrupt politician, so be it. i think theyre idiots for doing so, but thats just my opinion.

if the indictment holds, he'll be kicked out of the senate anyways.

The indictment held, he was convicted. Just a matter of time. Palin may have plans to run for the seat. One more reason not to watch c-span2 for those long winded remarks and all......

So was Jefferson in Loiusiana ,a democrat in the House. Not only did he get reelected Pelosi tried to make him head of a committee ahead of a more senior member she did not like.

so two wrongs really DO make a right!!

Forum List

Back