Alaska Airlines Pilot Charged With 83 Counts of Attempted Murder After Trying To Shut Down Engine

The guy has been in court already and has pled not guilty for trying to stop the jet engines of an Alaska airlines flight. He claims he had a nervous breakdown and also brought in using magic mushrooms.
Has any poster had either a nervous breakdown or used magic mushrooms? As to magic mushrooms, do they cause you to want to do a dangerous act?
Dude said that he was hallucinating that he was dreaming and the only way he thought he could wake up, was by pulling the engine fire extinguisher levers (which shut off the engines).

I also read that he took the mushrooms 48 hours earlier! [Link]

Doesn't seem very credible. Dude is certifiable.

Dude said that he was hallucinating that he was dreaming and the only way he thought he could wake up, was by pulling the engine fire extinguisher levers (which shut off the engines).

I also read that he took the mushrooms 48 hours earlier! [Link]

Doesn't seem very credible. Dude is certifiable.
I am a pilot and have to say this about him. He won't be put in prison but will pay a fine. And the FAA will most likely cancel his pilot's license. When he yanked the T handles of the fire prevention system, fortunately the pilot and first officer caught it immediately so he did no damage at all. I think his drug use will mitigate what he did, or so his lawyer will claim. This is his first offense is why I think he will not get the most severe punishment. I asked about the effect of magic mushrooms hoping a person with experience can explain this here. His lawyer fees will be very large.

I asked about the effect of magic mushrooms hoping a person with experience can explain this here. His lawyer fees will be very large.
“Mushrooms containing disorienting indole ring hallucinogens such as psilocybin, or other toxins that cause delirium, are not “magic.” They are dangerous. Before being given the benign whitewash name “psychedelics,” such drugs were known as deliriants (causing delirium), intoxicants, hallucinogens, psychotomimetics (psychosis-inducing agents), and incapacitating agents. And they are all of these. They are not "magic", and they are not benign. They are dangerous.“

• Joseph David Emerson, 44, faces the homicide charges along with an additional 83 counts of reckless endangerment and one count of endangering an aircraft
  • Emerson is believed to have been sat in the jump seat beside the operating pilot on board a Embraer 175 plane flying from Everett to San Francisco on Sunday
"An off-duty Alaska Airlines pilot accused of trying to crash a plane with 84 people on board has been pictured for the first time - as stunned locals on his street described him as the perfect dad, husband and neighbor.

Passengers have said they were told Joseph David Emerson, 44, had a 'mental breakdown' before he allegedly tried to turn the engines off mid-air from the jump seat on Sunday evening.
"

Thank goodness he was subdued.

His Twitter page is rather "interesting." He seems to be a pro-union and a strong proponent of government financial support of the airlines. Here it is from Nitter:

View attachment 847540

View attachment 847537

View attachment 847541

Shrooms are NOT safe, contrary what some people believe. In a phytoctic state, they are even worse. The man needs some serious help.

Forum List

Back