Alan Turing - the new face on the £50 ?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Alan Turing could be the new face of the £50 note - PinkNews

They are looking to put a scientist on it this time. This guy invented computers and shortened the war saving millions. I think he deserves it.

Turing, often hailed as the grandfather of modern computing, was convicted of ‘gross indecency’ in 1952 after having sex with a man, and was chemically castrated, barred from working for GCHQ, and driven to suicide.

It is also a timely reminder of the need to protect rights for minorities in these troubled times.

They are looking to put a scientist on it this time. This guy invented computers and shortened the war saving millions. I think he deserves it.

Turing, often hailed as the grandfather of modern computing, was convicted of ‘gross indecency’ in 1952 after having sex with a man, and was chemically castrated, barred from working for GCHQ, and driven to suicide.

It is also a timely reminder of the need to protect rights for minorities in these troubled times.

Problem is, the £50 note is hardly ever seen. Just as the right want the LGBT people.

Problem is, the £50 note is hardly ever seen. Just as the right want the LGBT people.
Cant remember that last time I had one. Mrs T rations me to a few tenners to get me through the week.

Cant remember that last time I had one. Mrs T rations me to a few tenners to get me through the week.

I think I saw one once. It was either that or a red crisp packet.

Forum List

Back