Alabama vs. Texas for the National Championship

Dream on, sonny. They couldn't take either team.

Well, we could find out if the BCS had a playoff system. But they don't.

I don't like the BCS. I didn't like the AP and Coaches Poll of yesteryear. At the same time, I think clamoring for a playoff system is BS. Too many teams and too many variables. It would never end.

Both Bama and UT are established teams that have proven themselves over decades. Boise St may be having a special year, but then, Baylor actually did something one year too.

You stick Boise St against either Bama or UT and they get hammered.

I don't like the BCS. I didn't like the AP and Coaches Poll of yesteryear. At the same time, I think clamoring for a playoff system is BS. Too many teams and too many variables. It would never end.

Both Bama and UT are established teams that have proven themselves over decades. Boise St may be having a special year, but then, Baylor actually did something one year too.

Well you could make a limit of how many teams go into the playoff season. Only reason they don't have one yet is because they haven't figured out a way to make it financially profitable as it is now.

I'm not even a Boise fan. :lol:

However, I think they have a shot. They may get destroyed and taken out to slaughter 56-0, but going in they have a shot. I mean, it's better than a lot of teams would.

Well you could make a limit of how many teams go into the playoff season. Only reason they don't have one yet is because they haven't figured out a way to make it financially profitable as it is now.

I'm not even a Boise fan. :lol:

However, I think they have a shot. They may get destroyed and taken out to slaughter 56-0, but going in they have a shot. I mean, it's better than a lot of teams would.

They DO have a playoff. UT just beat Nebraska as their playoff game.

The teams are limited as to who gets to go NOW. The same argument you are making will ALWAYS be there. Some cinderella team and its fans will ALWAYS want their team in.

As much as these two teams are great, I have a feeling Boise State could beat either of them.

As awesome as I think you are, you are fucking stupid.

Boise St, Cincinnati, and TCU are all third rate teams whose schedules were completely weak. It's easy to be undefeated when you haven't played a single team worth a damn. That's why so many people got tired of seeing USC in the BCS, because they have never been challenged. Same goes for Ohio St.

The Big 12 and the SEC are in their own leagues. The sooner everyone wakes up to that, the sooner they'll stop whining about a third rate undefeated team not making it to the NC.

As for Bama, they've been impressive all year. I could have told you they would have dominated Florida. Florida was only #1 because they started at #1. They have played like shit all year, and scraped by a few last second wins. Bama has been the real impressive team of the year, and they proved that they are the better team Saturday.

I liked how in the final seconds of the Texas/Nebraska game the announcers kept saying, we're just a few seconds away from BCS chaos. As if 5 legitimate undefeated teams means BCS order. :lol:

I'll be rooting for Texas, but I don't see them getting it done.

Do you think Boise State is pissed they didn't get asked to play in the NC game?

Good to see 2 Big 10 Teams in a BCS games this year.

And Florida, they BLEW IT last night, or they would have been playing in the NC game. That's gotta suck big time, I bet Tim Tebow feels awful.

No, they're likely the weakest of the 5 undefeated teams. They're psyched to be in a BCS game.

As for Tebow, he was crying like a pussy. :lol:

And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :D

PS: He's never gonna make it in the pros.

:lmao:

Forum List

Back