Al Franken drags out Senate departure, only mentions ‘transition’ after replacement named

Which is why I question an OP who's not only not in Minnesota but not even in the United States. Which is the first (1st) thing I noted here.

Fucking DUH.

I am a member of a few forums, including a Canadian one where believe it or not they hate me much more than on here and attack me ruthlessly, I am entertained by it. They hate that I openly tell them I am being screwed by the police in Canada and wish for me to be silent. Another irony, I get along very well with all of the American members of the board, save for one. I have healthy debates with them and had one American stand up for me strongly for my right to speak, he also told me that my experiences reflect extremely poorly on Canada, he couldn't imagine it would happen in America without consequences. I have had some private messages of support and respect that I believe in liberty, I'm not some docile, knee bending coward.

Americans, like the French and Brits, are more open to debate and fact finding. You built your country fighting an aggressive force that engaged in diabolical tactics to try and make America submit. You have been fighting for liberty, your first and second amendment forever, Due Process, Rule of Law. You openly question federal agencies, something that rarely happens in Canada and certainly not in the lengths Americans go. So, call me an American who isn't an American who happens to live across the border.

I was first called an American in 1984 during the Los Angeles Olympics when as a kid I rooted or Americans to win gold (when I wasn't rooting for Canada). One of my Aunts said "Americans know they are going to win anyways, they thump their chests" and I thought to myself, "so, why not?". I was always competitive in sports, though a good loser. I never rubbed it in peoples face, but I never thought someone winning for their country should be shy about it. I respect winners and also those who aren't happy with their results and drive themselves to be better. You might lose, but you improve. Even if you lose, you win in my eyes. This is the America I remember and I feel you and much of The West have lost 30 years.

Trump is cut from the cloth of Reagan. He might not speak the same, he might be even more unconventional, but many of his beliefs are the same. I hope that not only does he succeed, but that he influences Canada, and the next president to focus on economy winning, not focusing on division and micro aggression.

Cool story bro, eh?

I don't think you're "not some docile, knee bending coward"; I think you're an impostor troll pretending to be a Canadian in some sick role-play so you can come off as a "credible outside source". Probably sitting in Kansas or somewhere. Maybe even Minnesota and you can't admit it.

Honestly I laughed at that one, and I understand your thinking. I was born and live in Toronto. Ask me some Canadian questions, I'll answer them fast. Maple Leaf stars of the past? Mats Sundin number 13, Doug Gilmour #93. The Joe Carter HR against Wild Thing in the World Series in '93? Dave Winfield in 1992? Go ahead, ask away

How do you spell the word that means somebody who lives next door to you?

Bwahaha

Neighbour

Thats neighbor for you

Too late. Already busted you on that earlier.

I am a member of a few forums, including a Canadian one where believe it or not they hate me much more than on here and attack me ruthlessly, I am entertained by it. They hate that I openly tell them I am being screwed by the police in Canada and wish for me to be silent. Another irony, I get along very well with all of the American members of the board, save for one. I have healthy debates with them and had one American stand up for me strongly for my right to speak, he also told me that my experiences reflect extremely poorly on Canada, he couldn't imagine it would happen in America without consequences. I have had some private messages of support and respect that I believe in liberty, I'm not some docile, knee bending coward.

Americans, like the French and Brits, are more open to debate and fact finding. You built your country fighting an aggressive force that engaged in diabolical tactics to try and make America submit. You have been fighting for liberty, your first and second amendment forever, Due Process, Rule of Law. You openly question federal agencies, something that rarely happens in Canada and certainly not in the lengths Americans go. So, call me an American who isn't an American who happens to live across the border.

I was first called an American in 1984 during the Los Angeles Olympics when as a kid I rooted or Americans to win gold (when I wasn't rooting for Canada). One of my Aunts said "Americans know they are going to win anyways, they thump their chests" and I thought to myself, "so, why not?". I was always competitive in sports, though a good loser. I never rubbed it in peoples face, but I never thought someone winning for their country should be shy about it. I respect winners and also those who aren't happy with their results and drive themselves to be better. You might lose, but you improve. Even if you lose, you win in my eyes. This is the America I remember and I feel you and much of The West have lost 30 years.

Trump is cut from the cloth of Reagan. He might not speak the same, he might be even more unconventional, but many of his beliefs are the same. I hope that not only does he succeed, but that he influences Canada, and the next president to focus on economy winning, not focusing on division and micro aggression.

Cool story bro, eh?

I don't think you're "not some docile, knee bending coward"; I think you're an impostor troll pretending to be a Canadian in some sick role-play so you can come off as a "credible outside source". Probably sitting in Kansas or somewhere. Maybe even Minnesota and you can't admit it.

Honestly I laughed at that one, and I understand your thinking. I was born and live in Toronto. Ask me some Canadian questions, I'll answer them fast. Maple Leaf stars of the past? Mats Sundin number 13, Doug Gilmour #93. The Joe Carter HR against Wild Thing in the World Series in '93? Dave Winfield in 1992? Go ahead, ask away

Bwahaha

Neighbour

Thats neighbor for you

Already busted you on that earlier.

No you see, I randomly alter between spelling out of habit. You know why? We read many American books, and we have spell check that auto corrects in American spelling.

I remember a favourite British singer being asked about how he loses his accent when he sings, and he laughed, and told him "you think I lose my accent when I sing? No. I grew up mimicking American blues singers, so I sing like them, I wouldn't sound right singing with a British accent".

Even I was surprised about that. Now I don't purposely try and type one way or another, I will spell different ways depending on how it comes out. No conscience effort one way or another. Sometimes I spell the same word differently in the same paragraph.

Ask me 4 or 5 specific questions about Toronto or Canada, I will type the responses as quick as I can. Sports is best, even if you use 1980's Leafs or 1990s, etc Anything NHL I am good hah. My knowledge of deep Canadian politics isn't too good, though as I never really followed politics of any kind until just over two years ago, once I started to cause some problems. Though you could ask, if its basic knowledge I know it.

Cool story bro, eh?

Bwahaha

Neighbour

Thats neighbor for you

No you see, I randomly alter between spelling out of habit. You know why? We read many American books, and we have spell check that auto corrects in American spelling.

I remember a favourite British singer being asked about how he loses his accent when he sings, and he laughed, and told him "you think I lose my accent when I sing? No. I grew up mimicking American blues singers, so I sing like them, I wouldn't sound right singing with a British accent".

Even I was surprised about that. Now I don't purposely try and type one way or another, I will spell different ways depending on how it comes out. No conscience effort one way or another. Sometimes I spell the same word differently in the same paragraph.

Funny then that other Canadians here don't shift their written language, intentionally or otherwise. Nor do Canadian websites or publications. Do they not "read many American (?) books"? Why does their spell check not flag for "American" (by which you mean USian) spelling?

Incidentally --- what continent is Canada in?

Spoken language is entirely different especially as regards signing, which is an artistic expression. An Eric Clapton will sing in the black/Southern US idiom of the blues he's performing and it will be completely at odds with his natural speaking voice. In fact the vast majority of US (and Canadian) popular music does that, when it's in English.

Bwahaha

Neighbour

Thats neighbor for you

Funny then that other Canadians here don't shift their written language, intentionally or otherwise. Nor do Canadian websites or publications. Do they not "read many American (?) books"? Why does their spell check not flag for "American" (by which you mean USian) spelling?

Spoken language is entirely different especially as regards signing, which is an artistic expression. An Eric Clapton will sing in the black/Southern US idiom of the blues he's performing and it will be completely at odds with his natural speaking voice. In fact the vast majority of US (and Canadian) popular music does that, when it's in English.

Continent? LOL North America.

Ask me 4 or 5 specific questions about Toronto or Canada, I will type the responses as quick as I can. Sports is best, even if you use 1980's Leafs or 1990s, etc Anything NHL I am good hah. My knowledge of deep Canadian politics isn't too good, though as I never really followed politics of any kind until just over two years ago, once I started to cause some problems. Though you could ask, if its basic knowledge I know it.

What was Le Grand Dérangement?

Bwahaha

Neighbour

Thats neighbor for you

Continent? LOL North America.

Correct. Then are not Canadians --- "Americans"?

Come on, go find 10 questions about Toronto Maple Leafs, or Blue Jays. I could type 1000 words without stop all things Toronto or Canada if you want.

I'm Canadian, don't worry. Though many here wish I would leave and stop spreading what I know about the apparatus here. Justice is an important principle for me.

I dont know that You mean the big disturbance? never heard of it

The Great Upheaval would be a fair translation. Hint: Nova Scotia

Sorry Im not great with history.

Come on, go find 10 questions about Toronto Maple Leafs, or Blue Jays. I could type 1000 words without stop all things Toronto or Canada if you want.

I'm Canadian, don't worry. Though many here wish I would leave and stop spreading what I know about the apparatus here. Justice is an important principle for me.

I'm not a hockey fan. I am a baseball fan but as such Blue Jays exploits are well known, especially that infamous Joe Carter HR. That wouldn't prove anything "Canadian".

True enough, but this guy is posting about minutiae of a US state Congresscritter's tenure. That's got zippo to do with "when America (by which we assume you mean only the US part of it) prospers".

No, he's right. The sooner we get the obstructionists voted out of the state representatives, the sooner we can get on with this greatening of America. The only thing people like Franken and my own representative Tammy Baldwin do, is vote against everything the Republicans are for: That's the entire purpose they serve: To be against something. They're never for anything, just against everything.

The shitheads need to go.

Actually that's not for you to say. It's for the citizens of Minnesota. And you just admitted to being in Wiscaaaaaaaahhhhnsin.
Which is why you should :anj_stfu:...because you're not from Minnesota, your fucking opinion is worth less than a bucket of spit.

Which is why I question an OP who's not only not in Minnesota but not even in the United States. Which is the first (1st) thing I noted here.

Fucking DUH.

How much do you think it would cost to get Canada to take Detroit off our hands?

Maybe you should be. Without knowing where you've been you can't have much of an idea where you're going, now can you?

Residential schools?

Can't believe I'm sitting here grilling a Canadian on Canadianism. If I stump him on this one I get automatic honourary citizenship and a lifetime supply of poutine.

Here I will bang out some of my memories, they might not be accurate but I go by memory:

Maple Leafs- Wendel Clark robbed of Calder trophy in 1985 when he scored 34 goals, just beaten by American born Matthews this year.

I recall ownership of the Leafs, Harold Ballard. Rick Vaive over 50 goals 3 years, he was captain number 22. I recall the Hound Line: Gary Leeman, Wendel Clark, Russ Courtnall. I could go on and on.

CN tower built I thin in 1976

Maybe you should be. Without knowing where you've been you can't have much of an idea where you're going, now can you?

Residential schools?

Residential schools are native schools. Not around my neck of the woods, but I know of them,

Residential schools?

Residential schools are native schools. Not around my neck of the woods, but I know of them,

That's it? Sheesh, I know more than that.

Hell I could even give yuo Montreal Canadien stats, or team Canada in hockey. I'm Canadian pal, just the reality.

Residential schools?

That's it?

Yeah what more you want me to know? I live in Toronto, not out west or northern Ontario. There were abuses recently which resulted in a lawsuit when Native children were taken from their families and forced to go to Catholic or "Canadian" schools.

How about this for baseball.

1992, WAMCO batting lineup.

White, Alomar, Molitor, Carter, Olerud.

Try that one.

Forum List

Back