airforce now forces you to swear to god

Why not "swear" to Santa Claus? HE actually delivers!

And you truly think you are smarter than everyone else.

Lord, what fools we mortals be.

I've read more than ONE book upon which to base my life.

So have I. What's more is I actually used what I learned from those books.

Just give me some credible proof that your supernatural God really exists. Faith won't work.
You know, it really doesn't matter if their god exists or not. But should they be forcing others to swear by it?

Can you tell me the name of the most recent person to be FORCED into the Air Force please?

So don't join the Air Force if your little atheist 'performance' is more important to you. There are plenty of better men and women to take the place of anyone who thinks some political statement is more important than service.

And I'm sure you'll feel the same way when the Marines start requiring an oath to Ares. And the Army beings to require that you swear to Allah. And the Navy takes their oaths in the name of Ahura Mazda. Right?

Oh, is that the tradition this country has had since its founding? Don't play stupid games.
Ah...traditions?

Like the slavery tradition?
Like the women as chattel tradition?
Like the kill all the Indians and take their land tradition?
Like the child labor tradition?
Like the fire upon unionists tradition?

Those traditions?

Could you make this just a wee bit more cliche ?

Just give me some credible proof that your supernatural God really exists. Faith won't work.
You know, it really doesn't matter if their god exists or not. But should they be forcing others to swear by it?

Can you tell me the name of the most recent person to be FORCED into the Air Force please?
Here's an interesting angle. Can a non-believer get out of their contract after swearing to god which means nothing to them, therefore the promise in non-binding?

True. However, if they could provide any "credible" proof - even I would probably "swear by it". But, there is no proof - other than ONE man-written book by ancient, superstitious old goat/sheepherders based on ancient stories passed down through generations.

Actually asswipe....they don't say Protestant/Catholic "God" they pray to "God" so that scum like you can feel included for praying to the pile of shit in your back yard.

What makes your god so special?

Hahahaha..

I believe that bode harbored the military dream for a bit, till she was declared unfit. Probably before she was ever enlisted.
Isn't it cool how I get my monthly retirement check regardless of your posts. I'd thank you for your contribution to my retirement pay if I thought you actually paid taxes. :D

Yes, the retirement check for military losers that is the equivalent of ssi checks for people with *disabilities* and who have never worked.

I call them "retard checks" myself.

Here's an interesting angle. Can a non-believer get out of their contract after swearing to god which means nothing to them, therefore the promise in non-binding?
It means nothing yet you're bitching about it as if it's the end of the world.

Pathetic

Actually asswipe....they don't say Protestant/Catholic "God" they pray to "God" so that scum like you can feel included for praying to the pile of shit in your back yard.

Hahahaha..

I believe that bode harbored the military dream for a bit, till she was declared unfit. Probably before she was ever enlisted.
Isn't it cool how I get my monthly retirement check regardless of your posts. I'd thank you for your contribution to my retirement pay if I thought you actually paid taxes. :D

Yes, the retirement check for military losers that is the equivalent of ssi checks for people with *disabilities* and who have never worked.

Fuck you

Hahahaha..

Pardon me?

And that person isn't receiving a retirement check from any branch of the US military anyway

Sometimes when the military makes an egregious boner and allows a nutjob to enlist, and then there's a big blow up, they will dole out a partial disability check in order to get the retard the hell out of dodge...that's actually what I'm referring to. I suspect that if Bode gets anything from the military, that's what she gets.

Sometimes when the military makes an egregious boner and allows a nutjob to enlist, and then there's a big blow up, they will dole out a partial disability check in order to get the retard the hell out of dodge...that's actually what I'm referring to. I suspect that if Bode gets anything from the military, that's what she gets.
I suspect you're walking back your egregious idiotic statement. If she served she deserves what she gets & our thanks you hateful bitch.

Of course it wouldn't. That wasn't the point of bringing it up

i get your point and i know you give up certain rights when you join up....Sister is in the navy, that being said it should be removed.

I think it should be optional . It means nothing either way, if those who want to say it feel better saying it , let them. If those who don't want to say don't. Let them. Either way no one is harmed.
thats how it was till they changed it.

And it should STILL be that way. God only knows why Congress changed it.

Honestly though if this dumb shit wouldn't have crossed out the portion of the oath and then just not said the words no one would have said anything.
i didnt read that congress changed it.link?

From your own link

The Air Force said last week that the change was made to bring its oath in line with the statutory requirement under Title 10 USC 502. The Air Force said it cannot change its AFI to make “so help me God” optional unless Congress changes the statute mandating the oath.

after rereading I admit that the rule may have always been ignored up until recently and someone along the line simply decided to start enforcing it.

It may just be the Air Force, but my brother's Marine reenlistment oath (early 2013) did NOT include "so help me God".

Naw, even she doesn't believe it.

But she's bound to the lie, so she goes on, year after year....

There is NO WAY a formal Naval officer wouldn't admit to an error over something as simple as was this guy still in the AF or not?

I think her original claim was that she was a COMMANDER.

Pretty funny stuff.

Yes O-6 was what she told me

Not sure why she didn't just go ahead and make herself a General.

Navy O-6 is actually a Captain, equal to an Army Colonel. (Commander and Lt. Colonel would be O-5.)

I suspect you're walking back your egregious idiotic statement. If she served she deserves what she gets & our thanks you hateful bitch.

If that person served and attained the rank of commander, and she can verifiable prove it I'll donate $10K to the charity of her choice.
Of course it wouldn't. That wasn't the point of bringing it up

i get your point and i know you give up certain rights when you join up....Sister is in the navy, that being said it should be removed.

I think it should be optional . It means nothing either way, if those who want to say it feel better saying it , let them. If those who don't want to say don't. Let them. Either way no one is harmed.
thats how it was till they changed it.

And it should STILL be that way. God only knows why Congress changed it.

Honestly though if this dumb shit wouldn't have crossed out the portion of the oath and then just not said the words no one would have said anything.
i didnt read that congress changed it.link?

From your own link

The Air Force said last week that the change was made to bring its oath in line with the statutory requirement under Title 10 USC 502. The Air Force said it cannot change its AFI to make “so help me God” optional unless Congress changes the statute mandating the oath.

after rereading I admit that the rule may have always been ignored up until recently and someone along the line simply decided to start enforcing it.

It may just be the Air Force, but my brother's Marine reenlistment oath (early 2013) did NOT include "so help me God".

It did.

The oath is the same for all active duty branches, except the National Guard and the Coast Guard (and they aren't real branches anyway hehehe)

However, as I said earlier if the Officer administering the oath doesn't push it, who's to know?

Naw, even she doesn't believe it.

But she's bound to the lie, so she goes on, year after year....

There is NO WAY a formal Naval officer wouldn't admit to an error over something as simple as was this guy still in the AF or not?

I think her original claim was that she was a COMMANDER.

Pretty funny stuff.

Yes O-6 was what she told me

Not sure why she didn't just go ahead and make herself a General.

Navy O-6 is actually a Captain, equal to an Army Colonel. (Commander and Lt. Colonel would be O-5.)

You're correct. She told me 0-5, not O-6. In either case, she isn't a retired Naval officer.

So everyone that serves is not worthy of our thanks?
Most deserve more than a 'thanks', as not enough funding is provided to vets to help them get jobs, recover from injuries, or readjust to life outside combat. That at least thousands of vets are jobless or struggling to make ends meat is a national disgrace. Charities have to try very hard to pick up the pieces, as the government hasn't done enough to help.

So don't join the Air Force if your little atheist 'performance' is more important to you. There are plenty of better men and women to take the place of anyone who thinks some political statement is more important than service.

And I'm sure you'll feel the same way when the Marines start requiring an oath to Ares. And the Army beings to require that you swear to Allah. And the Navy takes their oaths in the name of Ahura Mazda. Right?

Oh, is that the tradition this country has had since its founding? Don't play stupid games.

Tradition? TRADITION? We are talking about constitutional rights. Your tradition is without merit on this matter. I'm sick of you hair brained liberals wiping your asses with the constitution. If you can't respect our military members enough to preserve their fundamental freedoms, then get the fuck out. There's a town somewhere between Iraq and Syria where they're big on making their soldiers swear oaths to certain deities. Maybe you'd be happier over there, enjoying all the traditions instead of freedom.

Forum List

Back