airforce now forces you to swear to god

The Oath does not refer to the Christian God, rather the generic God is used. That's why so many different religions have members have had taken the oath with the term included for so many years without whining.

The ONLY people whining now are atheists because everyone else understand that they can apply the word God to whichever deity they wish. No one will whip you if you aren't thinking of the Christian God when you recite the words.

Since the air force was made into its own, it seems to have left the other services and created its own empire.

Actually asswipe....they don't say Protestant/Catholic "God" they pray to "God" so that scum like you can feel included for praying to the pile of shit in your back yard.

What makes your god so special?

Hahahaha..

I believe that bode harbored the military dream for a bit, till she was declared unfit. Probably before she was ever enlisted.

Shouldn't be forced. The Lord doesn't want us to take his name in vain.

People should be allowed to affirm.

Simple solution, or just omit the phrase, and say "I hereby give my oath...." If atheists are firm in their NON belief, why in the world are they so touchy about the beliefs of others?

It's tradition, which I realize means nothing to civilians, but is EVERYTHING to the military.
Not everything...competence is kind of important too

Another indication that bode never served.

part of the problem might be where the AF academy is located. In thumper :wine:USA (Colorado Springs) More churches/sq mile than almost anywhere else in Jesusland :eusa_angel: (The U.S.)

The air force has a massive Christian problem within their ranks. So the idea that they are forcing people is not shocking at all

Christian problem?
yes.. A problem. Air Force cadets revolt after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard - Washington Times

Had it been in his room — not a problem. It’s not about the belief. It’s about the time, the place and the manner,” Mr. Weinstein told conservative commentator Todd Starnes, The Blaze reported. “It clearly elevated one religious faith over all others at an already virulently hyper-fundamentalist Christian institution. It massively poured fundamentalist Christian gasoline on an already raging out-of-control conflagration of fundamentalist Christian tyranny, exceptionalism and supremacy at [the academy].”

it is well known that the air force is made up a fundies and "zealots".

Why do you have a problem with the cadets revolting? Do they not have the same luxury of expressing their view....the same as when atheist or others express their view against religion?
our military is not a religious institution

Shouldn't be forced. The Lord doesn't want us to take his name in vain.

People should be allowed to affirm.

Simple solution, or just omit the phrase, and say "I hereby give my oath...." If atheists are firm in their NON belief, why in the world are they so touchy about the beliefs of others?

It's tradition, which I realize means nothing to civilians, but is EVERYTHING to the military.
Not everything...competence is kind of important too

Another indication that bode never served.
yeah but you never did either so who gives a shit what you think

The Oath does not refer to the Christian God, rather the generic God is used. That's why so many different religions have members have had taken the oath with the term included for so many years without whining.

The ONLY people whining now are atheists because everyone else understand that they can apply the word God to whichever deity they wish. No one will whip you if you aren't thinking of the Christian God when you recite the words.
What generic god is that? Except for Christians, there are other names or more than one god. No "I swear to Yahweh"...no "I swear to Allah"...no "I swear to Brahman"....etc.

The air force has a massive Christian problem within their ranks. So the idea that they are forcing people is not shocking at all

Christian problem?
yes.. A problem. Air Force cadets revolt after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard - Washington Times

Had it been in his room — not a problem. It’s not about the belief. It’s about the time, the place and the manner,” Mr. Weinstein told conservative commentator Todd Starnes, The Blaze reported. “It clearly elevated one religious faith over all others at an already virulently hyper-fundamentalist Christian institution. It massively poured fundamentalist Christian gasoline on an already raging out-of-control conflagration of fundamentalist Christian tyranny, exceptionalism and supremacy at [the academy].”

Why do you have a problem with the cadets revolting? Do they not have the same luxury of expressing their view....the same as when atheist or others express their view against religion?
Some apparently want it to be.

Christian problem?

Some apparently want it to be.
yes and they are currently serving in the armed forces now. I remember watching a special on Iraq a few years ago about these tank drivers who thought they were on a holy war.

Why not "swear" to Santa Claus? HE actually delivers!

And you truly think you are smarter than everyone else.

Lord, what fools we mortals be.

I've read more than ONE book upon which to base my life.

So have I. What's more is I actually used what I learned from those books.

Just give me some credible proof that your supernatural God really exists. Faith won't work.

Just give me some credible proof that your supernatural God really exists. Faith won't work.

I have many times. but you aren't willing to act on that information so you'll remain ignorant.

I have many times. but you aren't willing to act on that information so you'll remain ignorant.

Just name one little credible proof.

Actually asswipe....they don't say Protestant/Catholic "God" they pray to "God" so that scum like you can feel included for praying to the pile of shit in your back yard.

What makes your god so special?

Hahahaha..

I believe that bode harbored the military dream for a bit, till she was declared unfit. Probably before she was ever enlisted.
Isn't it cool how I get my monthly retirement check regardless of your posts. I'd thank you for your contribution to my retirement pay if I thought you actually paid taxes. :D

You know, it really doesn't matter if their god exists or not. But should they be forcing others to swear by it?

Forum List

Back