Air Force left $300 mill Jets in hurricanes path.

your taxpayer dollars at work . The underfunded military can leave a couple dozen high end jets (300 mill each) on the beach so that Florida hurricane could wipe them out!?!

And you thought the busses left in New Orleans was bad ! I guess a bunch of them weren’t fly worthy ?!! At $330 mill each they are fixer uppers !?

Fate of Tyndall Air Force Base F-22 Raptors still unknown post-Hurricane Michael

Experts have said up to 22 of the F-22 Raptors, which cost an estimated $330 million each, could have been left behind in hangars as Hurricane Michael tore through the region. The base, which is home to 55 of the world's most-advanced fighter jets, flew 33 of the planes away from the storm to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio.
/——/ A. They didn’t have time. B. They had time but not enough pilots. C. The planes were not flight ready due to maintenance.

I would think if they couldn't fly you would put them on a truck of some sort and drive the out of the way.....

your taxpayer dollars at work . The underfunded military can leave a couple dozen high end jets (300 mill each) on the beach so that Florida hurricane could wipe them out!?!

And you thought the busses left in New Orleans was bad ! I guess a bunch of them weren’t fly worthy ?!! At $330 mill each they are fixer uppers !?

Fate of Tyndall Air Force Base F-22 Raptors still unknown post-Hurricane Michael

Experts have said up to 22 of the F-22 Raptors, which cost an estimated $330 million each, could have been left behind in hangars as Hurricane Michael tore through the region. The base, which is home to 55 of the world's most-advanced fighter jets, flew 33 of the planes away from the storm to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio.
/——/ A. They didn’t have time. B. They had time but not enough pilots. C. The planes were not flight ready due to maintenance.

I would think if they couldn't fly you would put them on a truck of some sort and drive the out of the way.....
/----/ H Michael was a fast moving storm. I give them credit for saving as much as they could. And how many trucks and drives are on standby to move 22 jets?

Wing span of the F-22 is 44 feet.

US highways - IIRC - are about 12 feet.

Michael went from Tropical Depression to Cat 4 landfall in what? 3-4 days?

That would have tied up evacuation routes. No even talking about the AF Commander in place deciding evacuate his people or have them stay in harms way to deal with trying to move un-flyable airplanes. The wings don't pop off easily or fold like Navy Career aircraft.

I've been through a number of Hurricanes (Typhoons in the Pacific) and you fly away anything you can, then stack the hangars with what's left. In Guam, evacuation wasn't really an option.

.>>>>

They need storage for those on maintenance that can handle a storm............Lessons learned.

Wing span of the F-22 is 44 feet.

US highways - IIRC - are about 12 feet.

Michael went from Tropical Depression to Cat 4 landfall in what? 3-4 days?

That would have tied up evacuation routes. No even talking about the AF Commander in place deciding evacuate his people or have them stay in harms way to deal with trying to move un-flyable airplanes. The wings don't pop off easily or fold like Navy Career aircraft.

I've been through a number of Hurricanes (Typhoons in the Pacific) and you fly away anything you can, then stack the hangars with what's left. In Guam, evacuation wasn't really an option.

.>>>>
/----/ Thank you. You explained it better than I could.

/----/ H Michael was a fast moving storm. I give them credit for saving as much as they could. And how many trucks and drives are on standby to move 22 jets?

What if there’s a war!? We can’t get these planes off the ground to avoid a hurricane days away . What if we are attacked ?

“Hey Russia . Gives us a month so we can fix our 1/3 of a billion dollar lemons .”

Forum List

Back