I just heard that 10% of our entire Stealth Fleet was lost by Donald Trump.

Uhhh, they were unable to fly, dear-

By the time Hurricane Michael hit the Florida Panhandle last week, most of the aircraft based at Tyndall Air Force Base near Panama City had been flow out of harm’s way. But between four and 17 F-22 Raptors stealth fighter jets that were unable to fly due to maintenance issues remained behind, and reports indicate that some or all of the planes were damaged in the storm.

Defense Secretary Mattis said that he hoped all of the damaged aircraft could be repaired, but a more comprehensive analysis of the jets would be necessary. “I’m not ready to say it can all be fixed, but our initial review was perhaps more positive than I anticipated ... in light of the amount of damage,” Mattis told reporters Monday.

Tyler Rogoway said that even more than most modern combat aircraft, the F-22 is an extremely complex machine that is often out of service: “The F-22, in particular, is more analogous to an exotic supercar or even a high-end race car than anything else. It requires dozens of hours of maintenance for every single flight hour and deep maintenance can take days or even many weeks to accomplish, depending on what is needed to be done and availability of spare parts, which can be scarce.”

A Government Accountability Office report from 2016 said that the F-22 has “unique maintenance challenges” relating to its stealth exterior that result in extended down times. This chart from the report shows that at any given time, less than half of the F-22 is available for operations.

Hurricane Michael Might Have Damaged More Than $1 Billion Worth of F-22s
So it’s smart to leave expensive planes they can’t fly in a hurricane zone during hurricane season? Is that what you’re saying?

iu

The same applies to posting on a message board... Deanie. Just because you can...
People who put Reagan, Bush and Trump in the White House accuse me of a big fail? Mother fuking hilarious!

Hurricane Michael: Fate of costly stealth fighter jets at Tyndall Air Force Base still unknown

Experts have said up to 22 of the F-22 Raptors, which cost an estimated $330 million each, could have been left behind in hangars as Hurricane Michael tore through the region. The base, which is home to 55 of the world's most-advanced fighter jets, flew 33 of the planes away from the storm to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio.

Retired Air Force Col. John "JV" Venable, a senior research fellow for defense policy at the Heritage Foundation and a former commander of the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds flight demonstration team, said it makes sense that the Air Force is not saying exactly how many of the jets were left behind.

"The Air Force does not want to reveal its weakness to anyone else," he said.

This is the problem with our news. I haven't even seen USA Today here in Chicago.

Instead of telling us what is going on in the world, they talk about Trump's many criminal associates and Trump's deep friendship with despots, thieves and murderers Vladimir Putin, the Saudi Prince and L'l Kim.

Stealth Jets left to rot when a hurricane hits. So many things wrong with this.

They could have based them outside a hurricane zone for one.

How do we know it's not more than 10%? And where was the GOP investigation?

Oh, there wasn't one? That much damage to the country and no investigation? Because what? A hurricane did it?

This kind of mismanagement cuts into US safety. Imagine if Obama or Clinton did that?

Maybe Putin ordered Trump to do it. Is Mueller looking into this Collusion?

Hurricane Michael: Fate of costly stealth fighter jets at Tyndall Air Force Base still unknown

Experts have said up to 22 of the F-22 Raptors, which cost an estimated $330 million each, could have been left behind in hangars as Hurricane Michael tore through the region. The base, which is home to 55 of the world's most-advanced fighter jets, flew 33 of the planes away from the storm to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio.

Retired Air Force Col. John "JV" Venable, a senior research fellow for defense policy at the Heritage Foundation and a former commander of the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds flight demonstration team, said it makes sense that the Air Force is not saying exactly how many of the jets were left behind.

This is the problem with our news. I haven't even seen USA Today here in Chicago.

Instead of telling us what is going on in the world, they talk about Trump's many criminal associates and Trump's deep friendship with despots, thieves and murderers Vladimir Putin, the Saudi Prince and L'l Kim.

Oh, there wasn't one? That much damage to the country and no investigation? Because what? A hurricane did it?

This kind of mismanagement cuts into US safety. Imagine if Obama or Clinton did that?

G-d bless the men and wimmen flying them things.

Deany, have you ever considered relocating to a country with a One Party Progressive Rule?

Since when has Trump flown F22s, let alone 22 of them?
He's president.

He was responsible for them.

For adults, the buck stops at the top.

For Republicans, there is no buck. It was lost in tax cuts for billionaires.

Did trump himself leave them there ?

Well deantard you read an old article. And your deep hopes for American military equipment to be damaged is not to be. Sorry.

714224C7-1D9B-44A9-9064-9A604F2157C2.jpeg

Hurricane-Battered F-22s Are Now Flying Out of Michael's Aftermath

The base was able to fly out approximately two thirds of the 55 F-22 Raptor fighter jets stationed there, but 17 were down for repairs and could not be made flyable.“

“The jets were parked in the most weather-resistant hangars on the base and the Air Force hoped for the best...As it turns out, despite severe damage to the hangars that sheltered them, all of the jets survived the hurricane in relatively good condition. The F-22 is tough, after all. Nearly a month later, all of the Raptors are slated to leave the base—on their own power.”

So deanrd once again...America wins which means you lose. It’s the only way it can be with you. You were excited at the thought of damaged military equipment...and Trump led them through with flying colors.
Any more propaganda or hopes for bad things to happen to America?

He HAS in the fractured minds of the left... the flights are nonstop 24/ 7

Like I said, who puts planes of that expense in a hurricane zone during hurricane season?
I don’t remember Obama losing 10% of our fleet, do you?

Like I said, who puts planes of that expense in a hurricane zone during hurricane season?
The planes have been there for years and none of them were lost. What is your major malfunction?

He's president.

You dont know that Presidents are not in charge of day to day operations on bases? Why is it that Branches of the military have officers? chain of command? any ideas from you? The planes were not lost... bad OP

Caught in another lie dean. Read handed. And caught hoping for damage to the US military.

Whatever is bad for America is good for you. Isn’t that right dean.

You haven’t heard of Trump losing 10% either have you? Not one plane was lost. I just cited the facts.

deanrd you are so easy to humiliate. Care to tell us where you “heard” this?
Same place you heard Trump would be leaving office perhaps?

He's president.

Did trump himself leave them there ?

He flew them in.

Are you inferring that Trump makes every single decision involving the military, Troll King? That would, of course, mean that Obama is personally responsible for the deaths of every single American soldier, not to mention the Libyan ambassador, and every single brown civilian killed in Middle East bombings during the eight years he was president.

10% wasn’t lost. Give it up.

Russian Collusion didn't work so they have to try something else. I'm sure he's scouring the internet for something now... Trump must be doing something bad every day! They go insane when they cant find it..... we are witnessing separation from reality.

Forum List

Back