Ahmaud Arbery's killers were convicted of murder. Now the feds want to prove they did it because he was Black

The dangerous situation in this case was caused by the armed thugs chasing an innocent man through the streets. You're the type of guy who blames women for their clothing choices when they're assaulted and you're the type of guy who goes willingly and without resistance when people are threatening you. Arbery tried to flee and when he couldn't do that he fought because he wasn't the type to surrender. You are. That doesn't make Arbery wrong, it just makes him not you.

You don't have a brain in your head if you attack a guy with a gun. I am not sticking up for the three guys, I'm saying this guy would be alive today if he didn't do what he did. They should have never went after him and he should have not attacked the guy with the gun. Yes, I am the type to surrender when there is no choice. It's the most intelligent thing to do.

Greg McMichael said Ahmaud was cornered like a rat, he had already threatened to blow his fucking head off. WTF else was the man supposed to do in that situation? He was probably thinking Travis was going to shoot him in the back if he tried to run away, so your instinct is to get to him because you can't outrun a bullet. You have NEVER been in that situation so you don't know what you would fo.

No you are just running your mouth, let us know how you reacted when you have been in that situation.

I know how I'd react. I would have stopped and asked them what they wanted which of course I'd already know because I was suspiciously lurking around a house under construction. I know what I would never do in the world and that is attack a person holding a gun on me.

You don't have a brain in your head if you attack a guy with a gun. I am not sticking up for the three guys, I'm saying this guy would be alive today if he didn't do what he did. They should have never went after him and he should have not attacked the guy with the gun. Yes, I am the type to surrender when there is no choice. It's the most intelligent thing to do.
You always have a choice. Try as hard as you like but you can't pretend as if Arbery went after these thugs and tried to defend himself for no reason and that if he complied he'd be alive but that just ain't so. That's a total assumption on your part. Maybe you're white and so the thought that these white racists with a confederate flag on their truck, calling you the n-word (which they did according to Roddie after having shot Arbery) didn't mean you any harm, but it was a perfectly fair assumption for Arbery to think that these men meant to kill him and that moment, while not a great chance, was the best chance he had of getting a gun from one of them and saving his life.

Ahmaud case was different then most, but not as cut and dry as black race hustlers and leftists make it out to be:
(1) There were a rash of break ins in the neighborhood
No there wasn't, that lie was put to rest during the trial.
(2) Ahmaud was seen trespassing in a construction site
Several people were seen on the site.
(3) The father and son stopped him and acted stupidly foresure; but did they act so unlawfully to lose their self-defense defense? The jury said so, I am not so sure. However I do lean to an unlawful stop.
He was doing nothing wrong, so they had NO authority to stop him.
(4) Ahmad attack first. Not disputed. Why in god’s name would Ahmaud attack the son carrying a gun… so god damn stupid.
Nevertheless, the father and son put themselves in that situation and that appears to beat self-defense claim.
Do you know anything about this case?

Greg McMichael, who was in the bed of a pickup truck when his son killed Arbery, told police the Black man "was trapped like a rat" and he told Arbery: "Stop, or I’ll blow your f---ing head off!”

When someone is trapped what is your natural reaction?
I am more OK with this verdict then most.
You could have fooled me.
Oh calling my claim BS,,, see the rash of porch pirate 🏴‍☠️ in Chicago and really everywhere. There is no doorman in my building and packages generally get left upfront near the elevators. There is a camera, but no one cares.
Somebody always has a story to tell.
In one area that I stand corrected on is I get piggybacked by all races; but I would never question a black piggy backer because if the videos I have scene of a person doing it to a black man in the building and getting label as a racist, going viral and losing their job…. I have stopped whites that look homeless or scumbagish. And yes I am friendly with my black neighbors. He saw me do it once and was furious with me, since everyone in building has lost a package or 2. If you don’t believe me, then I am not sure how I will continue to go one 😂
You would question a white piggy backer though.

I know how I'd react. I would have stopped and asked them what they wanted which of course I'd already know because I was suspiciously lurking around a house under construction.
Greg McMichael didn't see Ahmaud lurking suspiciously around a house. Ahmaud was jogging down the street when Greg saw him.
I know what I would never do in the world and that is attack a person holding a gun on me.
You don't know what you would do if you thought your life was in danger. It is easy to sit on an anonymous forum and babble about you would do this or that.

No there wasn't, that lie was put to rest during the trial.

Several people were seen on the site.

He was doing nothing wrong, so they had NO authority to stop him.

Do you know anything about this case?

Greg McMichael, who was in the bed of a pickup truck when his son killed Arbery, told police the Black man "was trapped like a rat" and he told Arbery: "Stop, or I’ll blow your f---ing head off!”

When someone is trapped what is your natural reaction?

You could have fooled me.

Somebody always has a story to tell.

You would question a white piggy backer though.
If I was wrong about the some facts about the case then I am wrong. I am OK with the verdict, because although Arbery clearly attacked first, I believe the the father and son were unlawful in detaining him and lost their self-defense defense.

Depends on what the white guy looked like. In my experience porch pirates come in all shapes and sizes, but if they guy looks like a scumbag or homeless I might ask him to use his own key. If the guy is Hispanic, might do the same. If the guy is black. Not a chance. I am not going to be filmed and go viral… not worth the risk to me!

If I was wrong about the some facts about the case then I am wrong. I am OK with the verdict, because although Arbery clearly attacked first, I believe the the father and son were unlawful in detaining him and lost their self-defense defense.
If they were unlawful in detaining him, how in the hell did he attack first. You thinking makes no sense.
Depends on what the white guy looked like. In my experience porch pirates come in all shapes and sizes, but if they guy looks like a scumbag or homeless I might ask him to use his own key. If the guy is Hispanic, might do the same. If the guy is black. Not a chance. I am not going to be filmed and go viral… not worth the risk to me!
The folks who get filmed and go viral are white folks stopping and questioning black folks who actually live in the building.

Greg McMichael didn't see Ahmaud lurking suspiciously around a house. Ahmaud was jogging down the street when Greg saw him.

You don't know what you would do if you thought your life was in danger. It is easy to sit on an anonymous forum and babble about you would do this or that.

no, it's called common sense. If I don't attack him I may live. If I do attack him I'm definitely getting shot. Not much to think about in that situation.

You always have a choice. Try as hard as you like but you can't pretend as if Arbery went after these thugs and tried to defend himself for no reason and that if he complied he'd be alive but that just ain't so. That's a total assumption on your part. Maybe you're white and so the thought that these white racists with a confederate flag on their truck, calling you the n-word (which they did according to Roddie after having shot Arbery) didn't mean you any harm, but it was a perfectly fair assumption for Arbery to think that these men meant to kill him and that moment, while not a great chance, was the best chance he had of getting a gun from one of them and saving his life.

You're not going to win when somebody has a gun pointed at you. There is no possible way. Sounds to me like Arbery thought they were bluffing; that they didn't have the guts to pull the trigger. Well he was wrong and it cost him his life.

If somebody is robbing a convenient store I'm in and yells at me to freeze, that's exactly what I'm doing as most people do in that situation. We see it all the time. I don't know who these guys are, I suspect they may be desperate, on dope or both, but my only chance at survival or to walk away unharmed is just give them what they want. If they don't want any witnesses, I may be dead. If I attack the guy with the gun, I'm without a doubt dead.

no, it's called common sense. If I don't attack him I may live. If I do attack him I'm definitely getting shot. Not much to think about in that situation.
No it's not called common sense, in your case it's called stupidity. Now you have 3 guys who have been chasing you for over 4 mins with guns, they have you cornered one jumps out with a shotgun coming at you and another one in the back of a pick up talking about blowing your fucking head off and you think, "If I just stand here maybe they won't bother me," Only an idiot would think that.

No it's not called common sense, in your case it's called stupidity. Now you have 3 guys who have been chasing you for over 4 mins with guns, they have you cornered one jumps out with a shotgun coming at you and another one in the back of a pick up talking about blowing your fucking head off and you think, "If I just stand here maybe they won't bother me," Only an idiot would think that.

No, I would be thinking if they were going to kill me no matter what, why didn't they do it in the minutes they were chasing me? Obviously they didn't because they want something. My best bet is to find out WTF they want.

I am for the shooter but not the other two. There was no plan to go out and murder the guy therefore they really are not accomplices. It's different than when a couple of guys decide to rob a home occupied by a 70 year old guy and one ends up killing him. That was planned.

Some cities in Florida don't like criminals taking their things, we have a few sheriffs like this man. Except Jacksonville somebody sold those people out. It was a great place to live in the70s.
We also have neighborhood watch .
Not sure how long that will last now that the yankee libs are running here to escape the hellholes they created.

Sheriff Judd,"we blow you back out the door"

Dumb IMHO as they already have sufficient sentencing and will die in jail. Just a waste of time and money.

It should not be hard to prove though for at least the shooter, it is painfully obvious why he tracked down and killed him.

Georgia prosecutors proved Ahmaud Arbery's killers guilty of murder. Now, lawyers for the federal government will try to prove they chased down the 25-year-old jogger because he was Black.

That case may be tougher to make.

Jury selection in the federal hate crimes trial for the three White men begins Monday in Brunswick, Georgia, with prosecutors aiming to prove they pursued and tried to kidnap Arbery because of his race, resulting in his death.

On the line for the defendants -- already serving life sentences on state murder convictions -- are steep fines and more decades behind bars. But for some observers, the stakes reach far beyond the men on trial.

"It sends a message to every Black person everywhere that you can't hunt people down who are legitimately in a place just because you're afraid. Doing that is racist, and we will punish it," said hate crimes expert and Indiana University law professor Jeannine Bell. "It's not just that it is racist; the government cares about that."

I want to see these 3 racist clowns get everything that is coming to them.
All three of the trump Nazis' racist heroes are looking forward to federal prison sentences. Federal time is served under improved conditions, much less severe (risky) for white supremacists than in a Georgia state prison, where the black population is a much greater percentage.

So, the prayers the trump Nazis are calling out to their Lord to save their three heroes from a guilty verdict for a federal hate crime are counter to the prayers of the three Georgia racists on trial.

Georgia prosecutors proved Ahmaud Arbery's killers guilty of murder. Now, lawyers for the federal government will try to prove they chased down the 25-year-old jogger because he was Black.

That case may be tougher to make.

Jury selection in the federal hate crimes trial for the three White men begins Monday in Brunswick, Georgia, with prosecutors aiming to prove they pursued and tried to kidnap Arbery because of his race, resulting in his death.

On the line for the defendants -- already serving life sentences on state murder convictions -- are steep fines and more decades behind bars. But for some observers, the stakes reach far beyond the men on trial.

"It sends a message to every Black person everywhere that you can't hunt people down who are legitimately in a place just because you're afraid. Doing that is racist, and we will punish it," said hate crimes expert and Indiana University law professor Jeannine Bell. "It's not just that it is racist; the government cares about that."

I want to see these 3 racist clowns get everything that is coming to them.
What would you like see done and let see if we agree?

Forum List

Back