AHC's "Apocalypse: World War 1"

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Excellent series. Watching a block of episodes last night I came to the inevitible conclusion that all wars are begun by politicians. So clearly we need to get rid of all the politicians. Then we'll finally have world peace. ;)

A very good series.

I've often said the first enemy the French soldiers should have fired on was their generals; there would have been a lot fewer dead French troops. The stupid doctrine those commanders attempted to use cost at least a million dead.

Great quote mentioned by "The Red Baron"

quote-the-murder-of-a-man-is-still-murder-even-in-wartime-manfred-von-richthofen-93-78-26.jpg

Einstein said something very similar. Not sure whose came first or if the similarity is coincidence.

"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." - Albert Einstein

"About Military Channel
The Military Channel brings viewers compelling, real-world stories of valor, heroism, and courage from pivotal moments in American history, whether they were on the battlefield, in popular culture, or behind closed doors."

No actually it brings viewers tales of the sad, no other choice, fools and desperate people who got suckered into the military by those claiming murdering people and being mrudered involved heroism, courage, or valor.

Being a barely recognizable mangled corpse face down in the mud isn't glorious or noble or heroic. You're just dead.

We have to also thank societal indoctrination of young males to blindly follow insane orders.

Forum List

Back