Against All Odds

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
This is a 5-part DVD series on the re-establishment of Israel as a modern country. Each disk consists of three stories of approximately 30 minutes each. It is not necessary to watch the fifth disk because it is a recap of the previous 4.

There is only a slight reference in this series to the fall of Israel to the Romans in 70 A.D. and the plight of the Jews from 70 A.D. to 1948. Most of the series covers the establishment of Israel as a country again on May 15, 1948, the wars against the new nation by the Arab countries, and the miracles that occurred during the entire process. The series ends with the rescue of Israeli hostages at Entebbe in 1976 by Israeli special forces after they had been taken hostage by Arab terrorists on an Air France flight to Paris.

This series is a good summary of the history of re-establishing Israel as a modern nation and covers all the highlights of that period. The photography is excellent, showing what a barren wasteland the country was at the time the Jews came to inhabit it again and how they literally made the desert “blossom as a rose".

The segment covering the Holocaust on the second disk is hard to watch. It is hard to comprehend such deep-seated, raging hatred as the Germans had toward the Jews. Makes you wonder if someday someone will put together a film cataloging the deep-seated, raging hatred radical Islam had toward those they considered infidels.

If you are interested in the history of Israel as it exists today, you will find this series fascinating to watch.

Just a review of a DVD that I found interesting. It's totally up to others if they want to check it out or not.

I tried to post this earlier, but for some reason couldn't from school. PB's is here because of being banned from other site, I thought so, checked it out, I was right. Ignore him. The reason no one responded was as you said, informative and not a response necessary.

You're in it titty deep, kitty, and you can't get it off your mind, can you?

I tried to post this earlier, but for some reason couldn't from school. PB's is here because of being banned from other site, I thought so, checked it out, I was right. Ignore him. The reason no one responded was as you said, informative and not a response necessary.

Nobody likes a snitch and your first grade technique is noted. You did this before and it backfired on you. Do we need to go through this again?

So far I find my conversations here very interesting and I am sorry that most of yours fall to the pits of the archives with no response at all. If you need advice my pm box is open.

Forum List

Back