After Obamacare, there are now no Urologist within 70 miles......

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
......that accepts ACA insurance in this area.
If you need a Urologist, you will have to drive over an hour to see one if you have Obamacare.
Thank God I have private insurance.
From the words of my Urologist.... "we stopped accepting ACA patients January 1st. Not just because we were not getting paid, but because you cannot properly treat them. Obamacare simply will not cover lab work for practically anything. Until we have a magic wand and can diagnose patients without lab work and test work - we can't properly diagnose a condition"..."I feel terrible for them, they pay all of this money for coverage, but no one will take them."

obama care is private insurance you dolt , just the premiums are subsidized by the government , it is the same BC/BS or any other plan .

No it isn't you moron.
Shows you what you know.
Private insurance provided by employers did not change...and have nothing to do with ACA. Nothing.
People with ACA have a private policy that is MADE FOR ACA...that is subsidized.
Different policy.

Damn, you should have served so you could have VA care...

Yeah it is so much better.
jesus-wepting.jpg

If you need a Urologist, you will have to drive over an hour to see one if you have Obamacare.
From the words of my Urologist.... "we stopped accepting ACA patients January 1st. Not just because we were not getting paid, but because you cannot properly treat them. Obamacare simply will not cover lab work for practically anything. Until we have a magic wand and can diagnose patients without lab work and test work - we can't properly diagnose a condition"..."I feel terrible for them, they pay all of this money for coverage, but no one will take them."
Welcome to the real world. The ACA is a cruel joke played on citizens.

obama care is private insurance you dolt , just the premiums are subsidized by the government , it is the same BC/BS or any other plan .

No it isn't you moron.
Shows you what you know.
Private insurance provided by employers did not change...and have nothing to do with ACA. Nothing.
People with ACA have a private policy that is MADE FOR ACA...that is subsidized.
Different policy.

I get treated like a king when I go to the doc.
Of course I have high end insurance that aint cheap but it's worth it.

Sounds like someone lied to you or you made this up.

Sounds like someone lied to you or you made this up.

Yeah he lied, he accepts ACA but told me he doesn't because he got up this morning saying to himself..."I think I will tell someone our practice doesn't accept Obamacare today"

:blahblah:

i had two surgeries and 3 chemos and my husband had double knee total replacements all with an aca policy

but the deductible is high very very high

From the words of my Urologist.... "we stopped accepting ACA patients January 1st. Not just because we were not getting paid, but because you cannot properly treat them. Obamacare simply will not cover lab work for practically anything.

Lab work is one of the 10 essential health benefits all plans are required to cover under the ACA.

From the words of my Urologist.... "we stopped accepting ACA patients January 1st. Not just because we were not getting paid, but because you cannot properly treat them. Obamacare simply will not cover lab work for practically anything.

Lab work is one of the 10 essential health benefits all plans are required to cover under the ACA.

No it isn't. That's the lie you been sold.
For instance, ACA will not cover a CAT scan for kidney stones. Doctors can only see a stone with standard xrays if they are 3mm or larger, and maybe not even then. CAT scans are a great tool for stones as it can tell the doctor the precise size and shape (thus is it passable, or if it contains dangerous sharp edges) as well as precise location and if it is stuck.
WIthout a CAT, they have to rely on old xrays like years before. Sort of like trying to read a book in dim lighting through a handkerchief.

No, really.
These essential health benefits include at least the following items and services:

1. Outpatient care—the kind you get without being admitted to a hospital
  2. Trips to the emergency room
  3. Treatment in the hospital for inpatient care
  4. Care before and after your baby is born
  5. Mental health and substance use disorder services: This includes behavioral health treatment, counseling, and psychotherapy
  6. Your prescription drugs
  7. Services and devices to help you recover if you are injured, or have a disability or chronic condition. This includes physical and occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, psychiatric rehabilitation, and more.
  8. Your lab tests
  9. Preventive services including counseling, screenings, and vaccines to keep you healthy and care for managing a chronic disease.
  10. Pediatric services: This includes dental care and vision care for kids

I'm old enough to remember when conservatives were upset plans have a list of mandatory coverage categories under the ACA. Now they've got amnesia that it does that at all!

https://www.healthcare.gov/blog/10-health-care-benefits-covered-in-the-health-insurance-marketplace/
If you want a more detailed picture of the services any insurance plan in Indiana (sold inside or outside the exchange) has to include, the essential health benefits benchmark there is the most popular plan bought by small businesses in the state, an Anthem BCBS product.

And yes, it includes imaging.

Last edited:

No, really.
These essential health benefits include at least the following items and services:

1. Outpatient care—the kind you get without being admitted to a hospital
  2. Trips to the emergency room
  3. Treatment in the hospital for inpatient care
  4. Care before and after your baby is born
  5. Mental health and substance use disorder services: This includes behavioral health treatment, counseling, and psychotherapy
  6. Your prescription drugs
  7. Services and devices to help you recover if you are injured, or have a disability or chronic condition. This includes physical and occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, psychiatric rehabilitation, and more.
  8. Your lab tests
  9. Preventive services including counseling, screenings, and vaccines to keep you healthy and care for managing a chronic disease.
  10. Pediatric services: This includes dental care and vision care for kids

I'm old enough to remember when conservatives were upset plans have a list of mandatory coverage categories under the ACA. Now they've got amnesia that it does that at all!

If you want a more detailed picture of the services any insurance plan in Indiana (sold inside or outside the exchange) has to include, the essential health benefits benchmark there is the most popular plan bought by small businesses in the state, an Anthem BCBS product.

And yes, it includes imaging.

Of course it does, ALL plans include imaging. But not for everything.
No plan is going to cover an MRI for a broken toe for instance.
One of two things is true - ACA covers a CAT scan for kidney stones, or it doesn't. If it doesn't, then my doctor is not only lying, but refuses to accept ACA patients because he doesn't like Obama. yeah, that makes so much sense.

Forum List

Back