African Presence in Pre-Columbian Times

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
My grand parents on both sides told me stories of Native American ancestors and also Africans that were here before Europeans found their way over. I am not descended from any of the original Blacks that I know of but I was wondering if anyone else was aware of this?

There is a tribe in Louisiana that won a US court case and was given some of their land back and they are Africans. Officially they are not recognized by the US despite this court case but are recognized by the UN.

RaceandHistory.com - BLACK CIVILIZATIONS OF ANCIENT AMERICA

The experience of the Washitaw Nation (or Ouchita Nation) of the Southern United States is another piece of solid evidence for the fact of pre-Columbian African presence and settlement in the Americas and specifically in the United States. According to an article carried in the magazine, 'The Freedom Press Newsletter, (Spring, 1996), reprinted from Earthways, The Newsleter of the Sojourner Truth Farm School (August, 1995), the Washitaw were
(and still are) a nation of Africans who existed in the Southern U.S. and Mississippi Valley region long before the 16th century Europeans arrived and even before there were "Native Americans" on the lands the Washitaw once occupied and still occupy today.

Sounds a little like the alleged Welsh connection to the Mandan tribe in the upper Midwest. The shortest route to the New World would have been to modern day Brazil, but it wasn't until the 1400's that anyone could figure out how to navigate around the western bulge of Africa, let alone cross the entire Atlantic Ocean.

Sounds a little like the alleged Welsh connection to the Mandan tribe in the upper Midwest. The shortest route to the New World would have been to modern day Brazil, but it wasn't until the 1400's that anyone could figure out how to navigate around the western bulge of Africa, let alone cross the entire Atlantic Ocean.

Actually if you know about the currents in the Atlantic ocean (formerly the Ethiopian Ocean) Africans sailing from West Africa would hit Mexico. It has been said if you threw a stick in the ocean at a certain point it would float to the Americas in less than 2 months. Africa is the closest and easiest to navigate to the Americas.

There is also evidence Africans were the Olmecs or greatly influenced the Olmec culture. This would fall in line with the Black Indian tribes saying they came from the south.

olmec2.jpg

Actually if you know about the currents in the Atlantic ocean (formerly the Ethiopian Ocean)
LOL......the 'Ethiopian' Ocean....... :cuckoo: :lol:

Now I have heard it all . :lol: :lol: :lol:

It must hurt to be as stupid as you are. :lol: At least look it up before you I clown you.

The term Ethiopic Ocean, derived from Ethiopia, was applied to the southern Atlantic as late as the mid-19th century

Atlantic Ocean - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually if you know about the currents in the Atlantic ocean (formerly the Ethiopian Ocean)
LOL......the 'Ethiopian' Ocean....... :cuckoo: :lol:

Now I have heard it all . :lol: :lol: :lol:

It must hurt to be as stupid as you are. At least look it up before you I clown you.
Again with the the name calling. ... :doubt:

It was only the southern part of the Atlantic Ocean which some people over a century ago used that name. . :cool:

It must hurt to be as stupid as you are. At least look it up before you I clown you.

It was only the southern part of the Atlantic Ocean which some people over a century ago used that name. . :cool:

Thats why I said formerly. Can you read?
Your original statement said Atlantic Ocean (implying the entire ocean).

When in reality only a small part of the Southern Atlantic was referred to by this archaic name. . :cool:

Thats why I said formerly. Can you read?
Your original statement said Atlantic Ocean (implying the entire ocean).

When in reality only a small part of the Southern Atlantic was referred to by this archaic name. . :cool:

You implied that not me. The part I am discussing was formerly called by that name. It also happens to be the majority of what is now the Atlantic. Do you have trouble calculating size? Have you looked at a world map lately?

628px-Ocean_drainage.png

Actually if you know about the currents in the Atlantic ocean (formerly the Ethiopian Ocean) Africans sailing from West Africa would hit Mexico. It has been said if you threw a stick in the ocean at a certain point it would float to the Americas in less than 2 months. Africa is the closest and easiest to navigate to the Americas.

There is also evidence Africans were the Olmecs or greatly influenced the Olmec culture. This would fall in line with the Black Indian tribes saying they came from the south.

olmec2.jpg

Show us an example of an African ship design capable of navigating across the Atlantic for two months, without it sinking on day 1. Without that, all you have is a fantasy.

olmec2.jpg

Show us an example of an African ship design capable of navigating across the Atlantic for two months, without it sinking on day 1. Without that, all you have is a fantasy.

The Kon-Tiki wasn't very big....the Ra II wasn't very big.

There is zero evidence of west african's possessing ocean crossing sailing vessels. . :cool:

Really? How sure are you of that?
I am sure you can come up with some afrocentric nonsense about great African sailing vessels capable of crossing the oceans at will.

Although when Europeans conquered the 'Dark Continent' little evidence of african water navigation was discovered beyond wooden canoes with small sails. .. :cool:

olmec2.jpg

:lol:
The first one broke apart because of course he didnt know what he was doing.

Heyerdahl wanted to demonstrate that ancient Mediterranean or African people could have crossed the Atlantic and reached the Americas by sailing with the Canary Current. In 1969, Heyerdahl constructed a reed boat he named Ra after the ancient Egyptian sun god. Its design was based on ancient Egyptian models and drawings.

The following year, Heyerdahl organised the building of another similar boat, the Ra II. Boat builders from Lake Titicaca built this in Bolivia. Again, the vessel set sail from Morocco, succeeding this time and reaching Barbados

So after only 2 tries from someone inexperienced in making these boats. he made it from Africa to the Americas. How do you think a culture that built them all the time would do?

There is zero evidence of west african's possessing ocean crossing sailing vessels. . :cool:

Really? How sure are you of that?
I am sure you can come up with some afrocentric nonsense about great African sailing vessels capable of crossing the oceans at will.

Although when Europeans conquered the 'Dark Continent' little evidence of african water navigation was discovered beyond wooden canoes with small sails. .. :cool:

Of course. It wouldn't do to let on on that the "animals" they were going to enslave actually could sail to the Americas and possibly usurp their claims on land. No doubt they destroyed evidence and lied to cover it up.

Of course. It wouldn't do to let on on that the "animals" they were going to enslave actually could sail to the Americas and possibly usurp their claims on land. No doubt they destroyed evidence and lied to cover it up.
LOL......you are as bad as the racist NOI nutcases about making up absurd claims to prop up your bizarre Afrocentric agenda.

And then saying the europeans destroyed all the evidence of a whole continent when your bogus claims fall apart under scientific and historical scrutiny. . :cuckoo: :lol:

LOL......you are as bad as the racist NOI nutcases about making up absurd claims to prop up your bizarre Afrocentric agenda.

And then saying the europeans destroyed all the evidence of a whole continent when your bogus claims fall apart under scientific and historical scrutiny. . :cuckoo: :lol:

Thats what I would say if I wanted to discredit someone. Call them a nut and hope everyone laughs with you. The point is that its been done and the guy developed the plan off the egyptian design. What about that is nuts?

Forum List

Back