Afraid of the rain!

“But light steady rain and a low cloud ceiling prevented his helicopter from traveling to the site.”
Trump cancels WW1 memorial at U.S. cemetery in France due to rain | Reuters

The rain and clouds mean nothing to that helicopter..
Trump cancelled it, not flight operations.
And you have proof of that, right?

Here is the weather for that day in Paris.

Display metars
“But light steady rain and a low cloud ceiling prevented his helicopter from traveling to the site.”

Here is the weather readings for that day in Paris, does this help you at all...

Display metars

Typical weather in that area. It's very predictable. I lived there through that time of year and can't remember weather ever being a factor in going anywhere. Ever.

Last edited:
Trump cancels WW1 memorial at U.S. cemetery in France due to rain

Sorry is there is a thread about this ,but I looked and did not see one.

Just unbelievable! He could not bring himself to go to Belleau, the very place that the US Marines earned their nickname Devil Dog, because of a light rain!

Way to honor the troops!

What a way to celebrate the Marine Corps Birthday!

Mm. Whoopi fucking do. You wouldn’t even know the significance of the place unless you are a Marine, or the news wasn’t there to whenge on about it.

Just unbelievable! He could not bring himself to go to Belleau, the very place that the US Marines earned their nickname Devil Dog, because of a light rain!

Way to honor the troops!

No idiot!

not afraid of the rain

the Secret Service decided this one!

my GOD the Trump haters don't have any measure of civility:cuckoo: total lunatics hater!

"Civility"?? :wtf:

No other POTUS passes up an occasion like this, a battlefield where literally thousands of Americans gave the ultimate sacrifice. And this one is the big one --- marking exactly one hundred years to the day after the Great War and its staggering toll ceased...

--- and Rump's reaction is "ah, it's raining, fuck it. Why would I put myself in danger of getting wet? Besides I have bone spurs. Amazing, incredible bone spurs. Take me to Place Pigalle instead."

Tell me where the fuck "civility" fits in there.

Because it had nothing to do with the rain.
It was the Military and Secret Service that made the decision of having a lock down.
He was not allowed to leave the WH period.

Who's running the White House? Who's running the Presidency?

And how come everybody else, including at least two officials Rump sent in his place, DID make it, if these famously horrendous Paris blizzard-haboob-heatwave-flood-typhoons were afoot?

No, not buying any of that spin for a nanosecond. :eusa_snooty:

Way to honor the troops!

No idiot!

not afraid of the rain

my GOD the Trump haters don't have any measure of civility:cuckoo: total lunatics hater!

No other POTUS passes up an occasion like this, a battlefield where literally thousands of Americans gave the ultimate sacrifice. And this one is the big one --- marking exactly one hundred years to the day after the Great War and its staggering toll ceased...

--- and Rump's reaction is "ah, it's raining, fuck it. Why would I put myself in danger of getting wet? Besides I have bone spurs. Amazing, incredible bone spurs. Take me to Place Pigalle instead."

It was the Military and Secret Service that made the decision of having a lock down.

Link please.

Way to honor the troops!

Mm. Whoopi fucking do. You wouldn’t even know the significance of the place unless you are a Marine, or the news wasn’t there to whenge on about it.

I am a Marine so I know the significance of it. The Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces should also.

Way to honor the troops!

I am a Marine so I know the significance of it. The Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces should also.

Awesome. So you know I don’t buy the bad weather thing. It was only about a one hour drive from where he was. But no one would even know the significance of the place had the news not told them. For all the general public knows it is only special because the first world fair happened there. Those Marines deserve better then to be used in a political smear.

Way to honor the troops!

No idiot!

not afraid of the rain

Link please.

Exploding the myth that Trump didn’t visit Arlington cemetery on Veterans Day due to rain - Liberty Unyielding

[T[he White House announced ‘a lid’ on presidential movements at 10 a.m. ET, meaning the president is not scheduled to leave the White House for the remainder of the day.”

Way to honor the troops!

No idiot!

not afraid of the rain

Link please.

Exploding the myth that Trump didn’t visit Arlington cemetery on Veterans Day due to rain - Liberty Unyielding

[T[he White House announced ‘a lid’ on presidential movements at 10 a.m. ET, meaning the president is not scheduled to leave the White House for the remainder of the day.”

I am not sure what you link is supposed to prove? It does not change that Trump choose not to go to Arlington for Veterans day when he was sitting in the White House all day.

Nice to see you citing an unbiased real news organization, ROFLMFAO. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you denying that Trump choose not to go?

Are you saying that Yahoo made up the whole story and none of it happened?

The clouds were below minimums for safe air ops, would a last minute ground convoy been any safer? If you can't answer that then you just need to shut the fuck up about it. His secret service detail probably made the call.

Good point. Can't fly a helicopter in unsafe conditions. And it's not like they load the presidential limo on Air Force One for overseas flights.

Oh wait, they do.

Eh. The light rain probably made it unsafe to drive.

Actually no, they don't load the presidential limo on AF-1, it travels on cargo aircraft, just like Marine-1. But while you're being a smart ass why don't you tell the class what roads they would have had to travel to get to the site and how wide they were. Come on know it all, clue us in.

Every other world leader managed to make it there and show respect for those who died. But hey, people who gave their lives for principles are dead, right so that makes them losers, and Trump has no time for soldiers, living or dead.

Well at least he's consistent. Since we already know he "likes people who weren't captured" we can guess what level of contempt he has for people who were killed. And of course his infamously typical shortchanging of promised donations to veterans, his own traipsing through the "personal Vietnam" of New York sex clubs while his peers were in the real Vietnam, and his appointment of a sleazeball who bilked veterans out of millions to be in charge of literally the agency investigating that fraud. Now he can't be bothered to honor his troops on a deeply significant anniversary even after he crossed an ocean to be there, because "it's raining".

Deep metaphor here. Heads of state from the affected nations including yours made the effort to stand for their troops to send the message:

"I got your back. Thank you"

--- while Rump went all the way out there as the nation's representative to send the message:

"I got mine. Fuck you".

The wonder of it all is that his bots sit here and pretend to profess they didn't see this coming.

"As we sit here in the rain, thinking how uncomfortable we must be these minutes as our suits get wet and our hair gets wet and our shoes get wet, I think it's all the more fitting that we remember on that day, in Dieppe, the rain wasn't rain, it was bullets," --- Justin Trudeau

Guess Rump likes graveyards that DON'T get wet, OK?

Last edited:

Way to honor the troops!

No idiot!

not afraid of the rain

And how come everybody else, including at least two officials Rump sent in his place, DID make it, if these famously horrendous Paris blizzard-haboob-heatwave-flood-typhoons were afoot?

In this case it is the Military and Secret Service just like all of our other Presidents have .
When they order our President not to leave the WH it's for a darn good reason.

No idiot!

not afraid of the rain

Link please.

I am not sure what you link is supposed to prove? It does not change that Trump choose not to go to Arlington for Veterans day when he was sitting in the White House all day.

It wasn't a choice, it was an order.

Actually no, they don't load the presidential limo on AF-1, it travels on cargo aircraft, just like Marine-1.

You mean, the helicopter that was there and was scheduled to be used?

But while you're being a smart ass why don't you tell the class what roads they would have had to travel to get to the site and how wide they were. Come on know it all, clue us in.

The same road that got Justin Trudeau and everyone else there.

Poor little dipstick, they all didn't go to the same place, Trudeau went to the Canadian Cemetery. They are having a joint ceremony tomorrow in Paris. Reading is fundamental. ROFLMAO

Ah, so it magically wasn't raining at the Canadian cemetery? Out of all the graveyards --- ONLY the one where Rump was going had a dark cloud over it. Isn't that symbolic too.

"As we sit here in the rain, thinking how uncomfortable we must be these minutes as our suits get wet and our hair gets wet and our shoes get wet, I think it's all the more fitting that we remember on that day, in Dieppe, the rain wasn't rain, it was bullets," --- Justin Trudeau
Guess again, Rumpbot.

Way to honor the troops!

No idiot!

not afraid of the rain

In this case it is the Military and Secret Service just like all of our other Presidents have .

There is no indication he was told not to leave the White House by anyone.

Link please.

Bullshit. A lid does not mean he was told not to leave, it means he is not leaving for the day.

Way to honor the troops!

No idiot!

not afraid of the rain

You're actually sitting here suggesting the "military and secret service" run this country? Exactly how far will y'all self-delusionists stretch this stuff? People stopped buying it WAAAY back.

Here's somebody who actually does give Rump his orders, and he's taking an entirely different stance:

There you go, Rump can't compete with Russia. "Military and secret service" that.

Link please.

:haha:

No idiot!

not afraid of the rain

Well it seems that some people can be quite dense at times.
Even this guy.
It was not Trumps decision.

Trump Decides Not To Leave WH To Visit Arlington Cemetery On Veteran's Day

As I suspected, no proof.
France24
The determination to ground Marine One, the president's helicopter, due to bad weather is made by the Marine Corps and the White House Military Office, which then presents the recommendation to the White House in collaboration with the Secret Service, according to a Secret Service official.

Paris was covered in clouds with drizzling rain through most of Saturday.

Display metars

Here is the weather readings for that day in Paris, does this help you at all...

Display metars

Well it seems that some people can be quite dense at times.
Even this guy.
It was not Trumps decision.

Trump Decides Not To Leave WH To Visit Arlington Cemetery On Veteran's Day

Trump made the call not his handlers.

As I suspected, no proof.
France24
The determination to ground Marine One, the president's helicopter, due to bad weather is made by the Marine Corps and the White House Military Office, which then presents the recommendation to the White House in collaboration with the Secret Service, according to a Secret Service official.

Paris was covered in clouds with drizzling rain through most of Saturday.

Display metars

Display metars

1 military chopper - 1 civilian chopper ... business as usual RAIN BE DAMNED.

Forum List

Back