Afraid of the future

I am a 20 year old college drop out that looks at the path this country is headed down and I do not know whether to cry from sorrow or to run away in fear, before you try to recruit me to your side, if you pledge allegiance to the republicans, the democrats, or big business don't waste your breath on me. We have hard times ahead of us but I really want to believe that we can save ourselves before it is too late.
Ignorant, unfounded, hyperbolic nonsense.

1984 WILL be shtf. When the foreigners see the martial law, they'll stop buying our debt, wjhich means collapse of the $, which means nobody will work and there will be no trade, domestic or foreign. Why would anyone work for toilet tissue? thats what the $100 bill will be if nationwide martial law lasts for more than a week or so.
More ignorant, unfounded, hyperbolic nonsense.

Existence is change.
No one can be prepared for everything.
Attaining the state of being in the present is the maximum one can do. Then, even if the end comes, it will be recognized for what it is, just another event.

Not what I want at all, I want my generation to come together as a group, say fuck you to the older generations flawed ways and actually create a country we can be proud to call America. You can keep your nursemaids and demons, we have shit to get done.
That is the exact same mindset the young people had during the chinese cultural revolution under Mao. ..... :cool:

ipod_shuffle_chinese_cultural_revolution.jpg

I am a 20 year old college drop out that looks at the path this country is headed down and I do not know whether to cry from sorrow or to run away in fear, before you try to recruit me to your side, if you pledge allegiance to the republicans, the democrats, or big business don't waste your breath on me. We have hard times ahead of us but I really want to believe that we can save ourselves before it is too late.

Welcome.

Prepare to be recruited to the Tree Party

Welcome.

Do you have a pamphlet for me?

Good luck........ You're gonna need it......

http://www.newworldeconomics.com/archives/2014/092814_files/TheFateofEmpiresbySirJohnGlubb.pdf

As we pass through life, we learn by experience. We look back on our behaviour when we were young and think how foolish we were. In the same way our family, our community and our town endeavour to avoid the mistakes made by our predecessors. The experiences of the human race have been recorded, in more or less detail, for some four thousand years. If we attempt to study such a period of time in as many countries as possible, we seem to discover
the same patterns constantly repeated under widely differing conditions of climate, culture and religion. Surely, we ask
ourselves, if we studied calmly and impartially the history of human institutions and development over these four thousand years, should we not reach conclusions which would assist to solve our problems today? For everything that is occurring around us has happened again and again before.
I completely agree with you that the world goes through cycles, and that the only way to break those cycles is to recognize them and do things differently.

Welcome.

No! Pamphlets are written on dead trees.

Clayton I get that you know a few words, do you know any other ones so that we could maybe have a conversation as to how it is ignorant unfounded hyperbolic nonsense as you are so fond of calling all of my posts?

Welcome.

No! Pamphlets are written on dead trees.
What about an electronic flyer?

http://www.newworldeconomics.com/archives/2014/092814_files/TheFateofEmpiresbySirJohnGlubb.pdf

As we pass through life, we learn by experience. We look back on our behaviour when we were young and think how foolish we were. In the same way our family, our community and our town endeavour to avoid the mistakes made by our predecessors. The experiences of the human race have been recorded, in more or less detail, for some four thousand years. If we attempt to study such a period of time in as many countries as possible, we seem to discover
the same patterns constantly repeated under widely differing conditions of climate, culture and religion. Surely, we ask
ourselves, if we studied calmly and impartially the history of human institutions and development over these four thousand years, should we not reach conclusions which would assist to solve our problems today? For everything that is occurring around us has happened again and again before.
I completely agree with you that the world goes through cycles, and that the only way to break those cycles is to recognize them and do things differently.
Then you should also recognize that doing things differently means the elimination of human nature (and all that entails), only one way to do that.......

Clayton I get that you know a few words, do you know any other ones so that we could maybe have a conversation as to how it is ignorant unfounded hyperbolic nonsense as you are so fond of calling all of my posts?
He's projecting, as usual, typical political hack. happens a lot around here.

Then you should also recognize that doing things differently means the elimination of human nature (and all that entails), only one way to do that.......
Then we disagree on what I think is one of the key parts of human nature, its always changing, we are animals just as much as a dog or a chimp, yeah sure we are a hell of a lot more sophisticated, in ways, but we are still subject to evolution and change like anything else. The true beauty of the universe is that it is constantly changing.

Then we disagree on what I think is one of the key parts of human nature, its always changing, we are animals just as much as a dog or a chimp, yeah sure we are a hell of a lot more sophisticated, in ways, but we are still subject to evolution and change like anything else. The true beauty of the universe is that it is constantly changing.
You're still young, you still have hope. :thup:

anyone who can't see what will happen is just too dumb to bother with. The $ has been inflated to be worth on 1/60th what it was worth a century ago. So what do you think it will be worth in another 20 years, hmm? Almost all of that inflation has occurred since 1970, too. In 1915, gold was $20 an oz. that same $20 bought you a new SSA Colt revolver, too. Today, both cost $1200+. In 1970, a new series 70 colt .45 auto was $135. and gold was (on the world market, $80+ per oz) Today, the Colt .45 is over $800. A big new V8 Ford or Chevy was $4000 in 1970. If you COULD buy one like it today, it'd be $40,000. In 1970, gas was 40c per gallon and a Big Mac was 55c and a regular burger was 20c

For your country, I think, a revolution is needed in order to change something. With your rejection of reps and dems, you excluded the democratic process from the possible methods of forming the country because these are the only parties that have the possibility to govern. These parties, however, will not change a thing and their politics are similar to the measures a small child would set up. For example if some reps or dems are running out of mush, they start to unrelentingly cry all day until the mush runs again, no matter if it will cause mush shortages at more important places. What is in the focus of these parties is further not the remaining of a working society but the remaining of total capitalism, whose priority all others have to defer to. That means in case of a crisis, like that one we have seen some years ago, people start to be dependent on privately run social give aways of food. In a true crisis, which the US cannot solve anymore due to its dependency on financial services (that money can only create money, but can destroy much more than money; it will not be released before the crisis due to the unchallenged priority of total capitalism and destroys itself during the crisis), the availability of social benefits, privately or state run, declines faster the more it is needed.
This is why a revolution is needed for your country. At least temporarily, the system has to keep those parts of the economy artificially alive that would die otherwise. For example, a factory that isn´t profitable anymore in the crisis must be kept running for the sake of the workers and whole economy because the closure would only cause more immiseration of the workers and shortages and other companies would also have to close their factories when the ordered components will no longer arrive due to the mentioned factory´s closure. Thus, it would further increase the misery of the people and the destruction of the economy.

Last edited:
anyone who can't see what will happen is just too dumb to bother with. The $ has been inflated to be worth on 1/60th what it was worth a century ago. So what do you think it will be worth in another 20 years, hmm? Almost all of that inflation has occurred since 1970, too. In 1915, gold was $20 an oz. that same $20 bought you a new SSA Colt revolver, too. Today, both cost $1200+. In 1970, a new series 70 colt .45 auto was $135. and gold was (on the world market, $80+ per oz) Today, the Colt .45 is over $800. A big new V8 Ford or Chevy was $4000 in 1970. If you COULD buy one like it today, it'd be $40,000. In 1970, gas was 40c per gallon and a Big Mac was 55c and a regular burger was 20c
Obviously you don't even understand the basics of economics.

There is no question of anything like a classic 'revolution' happening in the US in the foreseeable future, nor would one be desirable or necessary. The means exist to change things fairly radically without armed violence, though there might be some virtual violence done to ideologies, religions and fixed ideas.
Large scale change must happen, however. That is evident. Things cannot continue as they are, and the present two-party dictatorship is not going to be what provides the proper responses.

aLandRemembered

Welcome to USMB and I hope you have a good time here.

Our multiverse, of which our Universe is just one part, is so enormous that it surpasses all imagination.

Ad-shem is in the driver's seat, whether we want to admit it or not. The Universe is unfolding just as it should. Great empires come, great empires go. Who knows that the political map of our beautiful blue planet will look like 400 years from now, assuming that Homo Sapiens makes it that far?

Now, I recommend that you drink a nice, soothing drink and concentrate first on enjoying being 20 years old.

Best to you,

Stat

Forum List

Back