Afraid of the future

I am a 20 year old college drop out that looks at the path this country is headed down and I do not know whether to cry from sorrow or to run away in fear, before you try to recruit me to your side, if you pledge allegiance to the republicans, the democrats, or big business don't waste your breath on me. We have hard times ahead of us but I really want to believe that we can save ourselves before it is too late.
The only thing we need you to do is pay back the loans you took out.

There is no question of anything like a classic 'revolution' happening in the US in the foreseeable future, nor would one be desirable or necessary. The means exist to change things fairly radically without armed violence, though there might be some virtual violence done to ideologies, religions and fixed ideas.
Large scale change must happen, however. That is evident. Things cannot continue as they are, and the present two-party dictatorship is not going to be what provides the proper responses.
There have been plenty of nonviolent revolutions in the past, I do not know that we as Americans are capable of it, we were founded on violence and as a nation we seem to have a thirst for it but I would much rather as you said be able to affect the change we need through the tearing down of the ideologies, religions, and fixed ideas that are oppressing our freedoms.

I am a 20 year old college drop out that looks at the path this country is headed down and I do not know whether to cry from sorrow or to run away in fear, before you try to recruit me to your side, if you pledge allegiance to the republicans, the democrats, or big business don't waste your breath on me. We have hard times ahead of us but I really want to believe that we can save ourselves before it is too late.
The only thing we need you to do is pay back the loans you took out.
I only have 1000 left and am working on paying them back, I have been out of work for over a month now due to a concussion from a car accident.

aLandRemembered

Welcome to USMB and I hope you have a good time here.

Our multiverse, of which our Universe is just one part, is so enormous that it surpasses all imagination.

Ad-shem is in the driver's seat, whether we want to admit it or not. The Universe is unfolding just as it should. Great empires come, great empires go. Who knows that the political map of our beautiful blue planet will look like 400 years from now, assuming that Homo Sapiens makes it that far?

Now, I recommend that you drink a nice, soothing drink and concentrate first on enjoying being 20 years old.

Best to you,

Stat
Thank you Stat, I very much do everything I can to enjoy my 20's however I have a concussion so I cannot drink or work still, and I am all out of weed, and the television or video games give me a head ache like you would not believe. So I turn to talking to my fellow Americans and trying to make our country a better place as much as I can.

Ever thought of being a vagabond??

Quit, give up. No other generation had to go through the same lonesome valley as you, NOPE. Everyone else fought their demons and struggled. No other generation asked these same questions? They all managed to tough it out. You want a nursemaid?
Not what I want at all, I want my generation to come together as a group, say fuck you to the older generations flawed ways and actually create a country we can be proud to call America. You can keep your nursemaids and demons, we have shit to get done.

Then STFU and do it.
One man can't change the country on his own, not without being a dictator, now that seems very unamerican doesn't it? The only way to affect positive change is to create an informed public that genuinely wants a better world for itself, so I will not shut the fuck up as you state I should do, I will scream to the heavens and do as much as I individually can.

Quit, give up. No other generation had to go through the same lonesome valley as you, NOPE. Everyone else fought their demons and struggled. No other generation asked these same questions? They all managed to tough it out. You want a nursemaid?
Not what I want at all, I want my generation to come together as a group, say fuck you to the older generations flawed ways and actually create a country we can be proud to call America. You can keep your nursemaids and demons, we have shit to get done.

Then STFU and do it.
One man can't change the country on his own, not without being a dictator, now that seems very unamerican doesn't it? The only way to affect positive change is to create an informed public that genuinely wants a better world for itself, so I will not shut the fuck up as you state I should do, I will scream to the heavens and do as much as I individually can.

Specially?

Then STFU and do it.

Specially?
Specially? I am not special, I am American.

He wants help typing niggrah....

they've known for at least 40 years that the boomers retiring will collapse SS, and they don't dare touch SS, so they'll keep inflating the $. AT some point, foreigners will refuse to accept it, probably for oil, or stop buying our short term debt. When that happens, best closely monitor the short wave radio, be ready to take your vacation (ie, to BOL) at the drop of a hat and have your stuff and food already cached there.

As to the spelling Nazi, why don't you just shove your head in the rest of the way and start eating?

If we can manage civil unrest throughout the nation without martial law coming in to play that would be preferable.

Why don't you worry about preparing yourself to survive by getting an education in a field that is likely to have high demand regardless of the economy?

they've known for at least 40 years that the boomers retiring will collapse SS, and they don't dare touch SS, so they'll keep inflating the $. AT some point, foreigners will refuse to accept it, probably for oil, or stop buying our short term debt. When that happens, best closely monitor the short wave radio, be ready to take your vacation (ie, to BOL) at the drop of a hat and have your stuff and food already cached there.

As to the spelling Nazi, why don't you just shove your head in the rest of the way and start eating?

Hmm, a troy ounce of gold is around $1100 right now. I'm curious, suppose someone offered to make a deal with you where in 5 years if the dollar is still accepted by most foreign countries you pay them $20, and if it isn't they give you a tenth of a troy ounce of gold, would you take it?

Indeed.I could not have said it better myself. the young like yourself understand how both parties are corrupt that there is no difference in the two,that its really a one party system designed to look like two so the sheep think they have a choice in who gets elected never getting it that we dont put these people in office,that they are selected for us by the elite and the president is just a puppet and that if he doesnt do what they tell him to do,then they suffer the fate that our last president who served the people instead of the bankers did on nov 22nd 1963.

as long as we have this corrupt ONE PARTY SYSTEM of demopublicans and reprocrats,there is indeed no hope for the future of not just our country but the world since our government is always starting wars with other countries.

If we can manage civil unrest throughout the nation without martial law coming in to play that would be preferable.

Why don't you worry about preparing yourself to survive by getting an education in a field that is likely to have high demand regardless of the economy?
Because for the last 5 or 6 years of my life I have not learned a single useful thing from our education system and feel that I can learn more through real world experience, I would rather have a strong skill set and no piece of paper from college than a piece of paper and no skills.

Because for the last 5 or 6 years of my life I have not learned a single useful thing from our education system and feel that I can learn more through real world experience, I would rather have a strong skill set and no piece of paper from college than a piece of paper and no skills.

Do you not think it will impact your ability to get a job?

Forum List

Back