AFGHANISTAN: Protests begin

Peach

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2009
That discovery prompted days of deadly violence. The killings in the early hours of Sunday morning are likely to fuel more anger across Afghanistan and raise questions in Kabul and the US about the future of an increasingly unpopular war.

About 1,000 people gathered to protest outside the Zangabad military base, in southern Kandahar province, on Sunday as the bodies were prepared for burial and news of the killings spread throughout the area, a ribbon of mud adobe compounds interspersed with pomegranate orchards, vineyards and fields of opium and marijuana.

US soldier's killing spree puts Afghanistan on a knife-edge | World news | The Guardian

Yep. Time to get out. After all these years I still find myself reminding folks that there was not a single Afgan or Iraqi hijacker on 9 / 11. Not one. 16 Saudis and I think two Egyptians and a Syrian, led by a Saudi with a bunch of Saudi money and Saudi educations.

This getting through yet? I didn't think so.

Yep. Time to get out. After all these years I still find myself reminding folks that there was not a single Afgan or Iraqi hijacker on 9 / 11. Not one. 16 Saudis and I think two Egyptians and a Syrian, led by a Saudi with a bunch of Saudi money and Saudi educations.

think training camps asswipe. or just think

All the more reason to get the hell out of there and take a different tact towards radical Islam.
What tactic? Covert operations?
Doing everything we didn't before, and taking advantage of what we have learned as to behaviour of Radical Islam.
That is a broad tactic, though I see Afghanistan as a grave for US troops after these killings. I've read a few that believe the radicals killed to GET the US out however.

Is that kind of insult needed?

This appears to be the accepted behavior from one who appears to be a senior contributor here?

I must apologize, up front, if I have offended you in some way. I assure you it was unintentional if I have.

Doing everything we didn't before, and taking advantage of what we have learned as to behaviour of Radical Islam.
That is a broad tactic, though I see Afghanistan as a grave for US troops after these killings. I've read a few that believe the radicals killed to GET the US out however.

And will we meet the objective with the present Government ensconsced?

(Objective meaning that they can take care of thier own internal security making sure that the taliban/al-Queida never beome a problem again)...

And will we meet the objective with the present Government ensconsced?

(Objective meaning that they can take care of thier own internal security making sure that the taliban/al-Queida never beome a problem again)...

Radical Islam: One Trident. 12 minutes. Lather 'em. End of problem.

Robert
Radical Islam: One Trident. 12 minutes. Lather 'em. End of problem.
AIMED at which country?

Perfect for the current admin ... he will take credit from there as ending this war too.

Perfect for the current admin ... he will take credit from there as ending this war too.
Apart from "credit", do we cut & run? (I see this as lose/lose for Obama.)

The actions attributed to that US service-person (whoever he or she may be), if true, are nothing less than outrageous criminal acts. If some of those folks went fubar over the attempt to destroy already defiled/defaced qu'rans, then I would imagine that the shooting of 16 or so villages (including fatalities) might cause some stir.

Only difference is: this time, the complaints would be justifiable . . . IF it was a U.S. service-person who did those horrible criminal heinous things.

And yes. It probably is time to just get out.

Insults aside, and please, don't take my reply as hostile, I would add that the only damage done to us on 9 / 11 was caused by people that trained to fly air planes, right here under our noses. Well, that and I suppose the training of how a box cutter works. The training in Afghanistan camps appeared to be about how to use Ak-47s and grenade launchers. Things that were completely lacking in range to hurt Americans, until we actually put some Americans within that range.

I just never did see the need to take out a handful of guys on a few firing ranges half way around the world. There was no capacity there for a ground invasion, which was the only type of training going on in any camps. Just don't see it.

My reply, with sincere regards and all due respect.

The actions attributed to that US service-person (whoever he or she may be), if true, are nothing less than outrageous criminal acts. If some of those folks went fubar over the attempt to destroy already defiled/defaced qu'rans, then I would imagine that the shooting of 16 or so villages (including fatalities) might cause some stir.

Only difference is: this time, the complaints would be justifiable . . . IF it was a U.S. service-person who did those horrible criminal heinous things.

And yes. It probably is time to just get out.
Thanks for this straight forward, honest opinion. Karzai will fall on his own, radical Islam....................?

until we actually put some Americans within that range.

I just never did see the need to take out a handful of guys on a few firing ranges half way around the world. There was no capacity there for a ground invasion, which was the only type of training going on in any camps. Just don't see it.
Thus, we pray militants cannot make use of what we took in?

Forum List

Back