The Movie "2016" and the Concept Behind It

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Foxfyre, Mar 11, 2012.

?

If you have a chance, will you see "2016"?

1. I am interested in seeing this movie.

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. I am not interested in seeing this movie.

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,384
    This summer (2012), the movie "2016" is scheduled to be released. If you have time to watch the following linked clip, it gives a brief trailer for the movie which will be a study of the most mysterious and unknown figure to ever occupy the White House, and what America is likely to look like by the end of a second Obama term.

Whatever we thought about LBJ, Carter, Clinton, and other prominent Democrats, we know just about everything there was to know about them. Who their friends were. Who they roomed with in college. What their life was like growing up. What drives them. But the movie will explore that Obama is no ordinary Democrat.

How much do we really know about Obama? His history? Who his friends were? What are the main influences that now drive him? What was he like in his youth? In college? Who were his friends? His girl friends? In his book he mentions living with a woman for some time. Does anybody know her name?

The is a Gerald R. Molen production whose other credits include "Schindler's List", "Rain Man", "Jurrasic Park" and other well known and widely acclaimed works. "2016" will explore all these questions and what we can expect in an America after eight years of an Obama presidency.

If you have time to watch , the clip is about 10-minutes long with a quick preview of the movie and an analysis by Dinish D'Souza of King's College. If you don't want to take the time to watch, nevertheless perhaps we all have some thoughts about our current President who is again candidate Obama running for re-election in 2012.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6QOscKvUjU]Dinesh D'Souza - Obama & 2016 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  2. Foxfyre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,384
    In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that Dinish D'Souza, the speaker in the clip in the OP, is a modern day historian who has focused a lot of his research on Obama. His book The Roots of Obama's Rage made both the NY Times and Amazon's best seller lsits.

[​IMG]

He does present a perspective on President Obama that may have already been aired, but I have not seen it on any site on which I have been active.

3. Robert_Stephens

Robert_Stephens BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +92
    He still isn't worth a red piss. Period! Count it: $15,000,000,000,000. Truly vexing.

Robert

4. Foxfyre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,384
    He couldn't do that without a complicit Congress though Robert. Some of it he pushed for, yes, and Congress said yes. And some of it Congress pushed for, and he didn't say no.

But according to Dinish O'Souza and presumably the movie "2016", the runaway deficit and debt may only be the tip of the iceberg of the agenda behind it. The deficit in February alone was more than was acceptable in an entire presidential term of office a decade ago.

Do you have any thoughts on that, Robert?

5. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,358
    I watched about 6 minutes of the video, no I won't be reading the book or watching the movie, I'll probably have to do my nails around that time....... Strange, exactly the same reaction I have when someone mentions Michael Moore........ :dunno:

6. Foxfyre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,384
    I imagine several will react similarly Ringel. I guess I have enough historian plus investigative journalist in me to find the topic intriguing in both. I've read everything Obama wrote, at least what has been made available to the general public, but for going on four years now, I have been amazed at how little there is available to know about the man.

Maybe this time, the movie plus a few other persistant inquiring minds will force the media to finally vet him in advance of the November election?

7. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,006
    My thoughts are- when The Republicans come up with a viable alternative, I'll take it seriously.

Kind of doubting your numbers for Febuary, but the fact is, Republicans cut taxes for the wealthy and fought wars without a plan to pay for them.

I think the only way we get out of this is the Democrats come up with spending cuts they are willing to agree to and the Republicans come up with tax increases they are willing to agree to. And we do something to close these trade deficits.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. Foxfyre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,384
    Um, I think you're on the wrong thread Joe. This one isn't about numbers.

9. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,006
    No, this is one of these kookie threads that Obama has a funny name and is somehow "the other", and he doesn't share our values. Even though the man has governed pretty much as a centrist and would probably be considered "conservative" in any European country.

The ironic thing is that Obama has pretty much continued most of Bush-43's policies. He's kept the Bush Tax cuts, he continued Bush's bailouts of the banks and auto industry, he's continued Bush's wars and policies.

His only radical departure is that he's adopted a health care program- that was once endorsed by the Heritage Foundation and is identical to what Mitt Romney did.

Now, my problem with Obama is that he's inept and kind of aloof and not an effective leader.

10. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,850
    To me when I read this from Obama's Dreams of my Father"
    "It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned.
    People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and
    made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied.
    They were revealed. Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered
    young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

"Tricks".. "tactics".... "deceit"