The Movie "2016" and the Concept Behind It

If you have a chance, will you see "2016"?

• I am interested in seeing this movie.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I am not interested in seeing this movie.

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
This summer (2012), the movie "2016" is scheduled to be released. If you have time to watch the following linked clip, it gives a brief trailer for the movie which will be a study of the most mysterious and unknown figure to ever occupy the White House, and what America is likely to look like by the end of a second Obama term.

Whatever we thought about LBJ, Carter, Clinton, and other prominent Democrats, we know just about everything there was to know about them. Who their friends were. Who they roomed with in college. What their life was like growing up. What drives them. But the movie will explore that Obama is no ordinary Democrat.

How much do we really know about Obama? His history? Who his friends were? What are the main influences that now drive him? What was he like in his youth? In college? Who were his friends? His girl friends? In his book he mentions living with a woman for some time. Does anybody know her name?

The is a Gerald R. Molen production whose other credits include "Schindler's List", "Rain Man", "Jurrasic Park" and other well known and widely acclaimed works. "2016" will explore all these questions and what we can expect in an America after eight years of an Obama presidency.

If you have time to watch , the clip is about 10-minutes long with a quick preview of the movie and an analysis by Dinish D'Souza of King's College. If you don't want to take the time to watch, nevertheless perhaps we all have some thoughts about our current President who is again candidate Obama running for re-election in 2012.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6QOscKvUjU]Dinesh D'Souza - Obama & 2016 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that Dinish D'Souza, the speaker in the clip in the OP, is a modern day historian who has focused a lot of his research on Obama. His book The Roots of Obama's Rage made both the NY Times and Amazon's best seller lsits.

d3c95b92-1997-4fba-b741-5dac22cc2e1eimg100-1.jpg

He does present a perspective on President Obama that may have already been aired, but I have not seen it on any site on which I have been active.

He still isn't worth a red piss. Period! Count it: $15,000,000,000,000. Truly vexing.

Robert

He couldn't do that without a complicit Congress though Robert. Some of it he pushed for, yes, and Congress said yes. And some of it Congress pushed for, and he didn't say no.

But according to Dinish O'Souza and presumably the movie "2016", the runaway deficit and debt may only be the tip of the iceberg of the agenda behind it. The deficit in February alone was more than was acceptable in an entire presidential term of office a decade ago.

Do you have any thoughts on that, Robert?

I watched about 6 minutes of the video, no I won't be reading the book or watching the movie, I'll probably have to do my nails around that time....... Strange, exactly the same reaction I have when someone mentions Michael Moore........ :dunno:

I imagine several will react similarly Ringel. I guess I have enough historian plus investigative journalist in me to find the topic intriguing in both. I've read everything Obama wrote, at least what has been made available to the general public, but for going on four years now, I have been amazed at how little there is available to know about the man.

Maybe this time, the movie plus a few other persistant inquiring minds will force the media to finally vet him in advance of the November election?

He still isn't worth a red piss. Period! Count it: $15,000,000,000,000. Truly vexing.

Robert

He couldn't do that without a complicit Congress though Robert. Some of it he pushed for, yes, and Congress said yes. And some of it Congress pushed for, and he didn't say no.

But according to Dinish O'Souza and presumably the movie "2016", the runaway deficit and debt may only be the tip of the iceberg of the agenda behind it. The deficit in February alone was more than was acceptable in an entire presidential term of office a decade ago.

My thoughts are- when The Republicans come up with a viable alternative, I'll take it seriously.

Kind of doubting your numbers for Febuary, but the fact is, Republicans cut taxes for the wealthy and fought wars without a plan to pay for them.

I think the only way we get out of this is the Democrats come up with spending cuts they are willing to agree to and the Republicans come up with tax increases they are willing to agree to. And we do something to close these trade deficits.

Robert

My thoughts are- when The Republicans come up with a viable alternative, I'll take it seriously.

Kind of doubting your numbers for Febuary, but the fact is, Republicans cut taxes for the wealthy and fought wars without a plan to pay for them.

I think the only way we get out of this is the Democrats come up with spending cuts they are willing to agree to and the Republicans come up with tax increases they are willing to agree to. And we do something to close these trade deficits.

Um, I think you're on the wrong thread Joe. This one isn't about numbers.

No, this is one of these kookie threads that Obama has a funny name and is somehow "the other", and he doesn't share our values. Even though the man has governed pretty much as a centrist and would probably be considered "conservative" in any European country.

The ironic thing is that Obama has pretty much continued most of Bush-43's policies. He's kept the Bush Tax cuts, he continued Bush's bailouts of the banks and auto industry, he's continued Bush's wars and policies.

His only radical departure is that he's adopted a health care program- that was once endorsed by the Heritage Foundation and is identical to what Mitt Romney did.

Now, my problem with Obama is that he's inept and kind of aloof and not an effective leader.

I imagine several will react similarly Ringel. I guess I have enough historian plus investigative journalist in me to find the topic intriguing in both. I've read everything Obama wrote, at least what has been made available to the general public, but for going on four years now, I have been amazed at how little there is available to know about the man.

Maybe this time, the movie plus a few other persistant inquiring minds will force the media to finally vet him in advance of the November election?

To me when I read this from Obama's Dreams of my Father"
"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned.
People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and
made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied.
They were revealed. Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered
young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

"Tricks".. "tactics".... "deceit"

people should stop pretending that movies are real history ......

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Must-Read-Books-About-Barack-Obama/lm/RU5LOR4IUO6XC]Amazon.com: Must-Read Books About Barack Obama[/ame]

41 books on obama listed

obama has written several books.....

i just see a lot of info out there ......now foxy do you claim to have read 41 books on obama?

You guys suck dick at research.

Everyone saying that they still "don't know Obama" (boo! he's the outsider!) - is an epic fail-sauce.

This summer (2012), the movie "2016" is scheduled to be released. If you have time to watch the following linked clip, it gives a brief trailer for the movie which will be a study of the most mysterious and unknown figure to ever occupy the White House, and what America is likely to look like by the end of a second Obama term.

Whatever we thought about LBJ, Carter, Clinton, and other prominent Democrats, we know just about everything there was to know about them. Who their friends were. Who they roomed with in college. What their life was like growing up. What drives them. But the movie will explore that Obama is no ordinary Democrat.

How much do we really know about Obama? His history? Who his friends were? What are the main influences that now drive him? What was he like in his youth? In college? Who were his friends? His girl friends? In his book he mentions living with a woman for some time. Does anybody know her name?

The is a Gerald R. Molen production whose other credits include "Schindler's List", "Rain Man", "Jurrasic Park" and other well known and widely acclaimed works. "2016" will explore all these questions and what we can expect in an America after eight years of an Obama presidency.

If you have time to watch , the clip is about 10-minutes long with a quick preview of the movie and an analysis by Dinish D'Souza of King's College. If you don't want to take the time to watch, nevertheless perhaps we all have some thoughts about our current President who is again candidate Obama running for re-election in 2012.

Dinesh D'Souza - Obama & 2016 - YouTube

I smell blockbuster. Looks like the cons have another "Atlas Shrugged" on their hands.

Dinesh D'Souza - Obama & 2016 - YouTube

I smell blockbuster. Looks like the cons have another "Atlas Shrugged" on their hands.

or "an american carol"

To me when I read this from Obama's Dreams of my Father"
"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned.
People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and
made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied.
They were revealed. Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered
young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

"Tricks".. "tactics".... "deceit"

As Dinish D'Souza pointed out in that clip--I know it is 10 minutes to watch, but he does have a lot of stuff in his commentary--most people think Obama's nbok is Dreams of My Father. but it was actually Dreams FROM My Father. But Obama's father abandoned them when Obama was two years old and Obama's only real memory of him was during a brief visit when Obama was 11 and Obama Sr. made a brief visit to Hawaii. D'Souza sees that as significant.

Still there are questions. Why are the only friends associated with Obama the questionable ones from the "Chicago machine" or other Chicago influences? Where are friends from gradeschool, highschool, Columbia, Harvard? Obama really does remain the most unvetted president in our nation's history. We do know very little about him other than what he himnself has told us we are to believe.

Even his books, D'Souza says are instructive that Obama is no ordinary Democrat. Rather than redistributing wealth in the USA, his ultimate goal is that of anti-colonialism or repositioning the USA in the world, with the world getting the better of the deal.

Is that true? Does it matter? I don't know. But I want to know.

What will America look like after another four years of Barack Obama? Better? Worse? Very different from what it is now?

There is even the question of who wrote the books? We have all been listening to Barack Obama conversations, interveiws, speeches for four years now--all during the campaign and then as President.

Does the prose in Dreams From My Father sound anything like the Barack Obama we have heard? Doesn't to me. I speak pretty much as I write. Why is he so different?

Some quotations from Dreams From My Father:

“All too rarely do I hear people asking just what it is that we've done to make so many children's hearts so hard, or what collectively we might do to right their moral compass - what values we must live by.”

“The worst thing that colonialism did was to cloud our view of our past.”

“My identity might begin with the fact of my race, but it didn't, couldn't end there.
At least that's what I would choose to believe.”

“You might be locked in a world not of your own making, her eyes said, but you still have a claim on how it is shaped. You still have responsibilities.”

“I kept finding the same anguish, the same doubt; a self-contempt that neither irony nor intellect seemed able to deflect. Even DuBois’s learning and Baldwin’s love and Langston’s humor eventually succumbed to its corrosive force, each man finally forced to doubt art’s redemptive power, each man finally forced to withdraw, one to Africa, one to Europe, one deeper into the bowels of Harlem, but all of them in the same weary flight, all of them exhausted, bitter men, the devil at their heels.”

“It [is] that courage that Africa most desperately needs.”

“That's just how white folks will do you. It wasn't merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn't know they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserved of their scorn.”

“It was as if he had come to mistrust words somehow. Words, and the sentiments words carried.”

“How does the saying go? When two locusts fight, it is always the crow that feasts.'
Is that a Luo expression?' I asked. Sayid's face broke into a bashful smile.
We have a similar expression in Luo,' he said, 'but actually I must admit that I read this particular expression in a book by Chinua Achebe. The Nigerian writer. I like his books very much. He speaks the truth about Africa's predicament. the Nigerian, the Kenya - it is the same. We share more than divides us.”

“And that, I suppose, is what I'd been trying to tell my mother that day: that her faith in justice and rationality was misplaced, that we couldn't overcome after all, that all the education and good intentions in the world couldn't help you plug up the holes in the universe or give you the power to change its blind, mindless course.”

“This pleased Onyango, for to him knowledge was the source of all the white man's power, and he wanted to make sure that his son was as educated as any white man.”

Winter came and the city [Chicago] turned monochrome -- black trees against gray sky above white earth. Night now fell in midafternoon, especially when the snowstorms rolled in, boundless prairie storms that set the sky close to the ground, the city lights reflected against the clouds”

“That's what the leadership was teaching me, day by day: that the self-interest I was supposed to be looking for extended well beyond the immediacy of issues, that beneath the small talk and sketchy biographies and received opinions, people carried with them some central explanation of themselves. Stories full of terror and wonder, studded with events that still haunted or inspired them. Sacred stories. ”

“All this marked them as vaguely liberal, although their ideas would never congeal into anything like a firm ideology; in this, too, they were American.”

“You could see a man talking to himself as just plain crazy, or read about the criminal on the front page of the daily paper and ponder the corruption of the human heart, without having to think about whether the criminal or lunatic said something about your own fate.”

“The study of law can be disappointing at times, a matter of applying narrow rules and arcane procedure to an uncooperative reality; a sort of glorified accounting that serves to regulate the affairs of those who have power--and that all too often seeks to explain, to those who do not, the ultimate wisdom and justness of their condition.

But that's not all the law is. The law is also memory; the law also records a long-running conversation, a nation arguing with its conscience.”

“The boarded-up homes, the decaying storefronts, the aging church rolls, kids from unknown families who swaggered down the streets - loud congregations of teenage boys, teenage girls feeding potato chips to crying toddlers, the discarded wrappers tumbling down the block - all of it whispered painful truths.”

“A Disavowal of the pursuit of Middleclassness', the heading read. While it is permissible to chase ‘middleincomeness’ with all our might, the text stated, those blessed with the talent or good fortune to achieve success in the American mainstream must avoid the psychological entrapment of Black ‘middleclassness’ that hypnotizes the successful brother or sister into believing they are better than the rest and teaches them to think in terms of ‘we’ and ‘they’ instead of 'US'!”

“Otherwise, though, the ambitions they had carried with them to Hawaii had slowly drained away, until regularity -- of schedules and pastimes ad the weather -- became their principal consolation.”

“The emotions between the races could never be pure; even love was tarnished by the desire to find in the other some element that was missing in ourselves. Whether we sought out our demons or salvation, the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart.”

“But you see, a rich country like America can perhaps afford to be stupid.”

“There's nobody to guide through the process of becoming a man... to explain to them the meaning of manhood. And that's a recipe for disaster.”

This kind of thing and the birther theories are cut from the same cloth and deserve the same amount of respect. I expect an incredible number of swift boating films this year, lots of cash available for an unscrupulous film maker to run off a pack of lies on Barack Obama-the fictional character.

Last edited:
This kind of thing and the birther theories are cut from the same cloth and deserve the same amount of respect. I expect an incredible number of swift boating films this year, lots of cash available for an unscrupulous film maker to run off a pack of lies on Barack Obama-the fictional character.

Possibly. "Swift boating" seems to be a common tactic of both sides in Presidential campaigns these days.

And I'm not fishing for conspiracy theories here. I have a whole host of Snopes and Fact Check ammunition to combat those. And what we DO know about President Obama I expect to be kept straight here.

But how much DO you know about President Obama? Is your criticism of curiosity here based purely on ideology and not wanting to know anything more than what we do? Or do you think it important to know the basics of those who run from high office?

If you are 100% honest, would you have no questions about a Republican President of which you knew so little about his/her family, background, education, friends, and who kept these things so out of sight nobody can get at them? Will you say that a Republicans world view makes no difference at all? Or any of the other things?

If not. What will America look like in 2016 if Barack Obama is re-elected?

Forum List

Back