AFGHANISTAN: Protests begin

“Let us learn our lessons. Never, never, never believe any War will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter.

The Statesman who yields to War Fever must realize that – once the signal is given – he is no longer the Master Of Policy but the Slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events. Antiquated War offices, weak, incompetent, or arrogant commanders, untrustworthy allies, hostile neutrals, malignant fortune, ugly surprises, awful miscalculations – ALL take their seats at the council board on the morrow of a declaration of War.

Always remember, however sure you are that you can easily win, that there would not BE a War, if the other man did not think HE also had a chance.” – Winston Churchill

george%20bush%20looking%20stupid.jpg

Doing everything we didn't before, and taking advantage of what we have learned as to behaviour of Radical Islam.
That is a broad tactic, though I see Afghanistan as a grave for US troops after these killings. I've read a few that believe the radicals killed to GET the US out however.
Perfect for the current admin ... he will take credit from there as ending this war too.
Will he also take credit for giving the Generals 1/2 of the surge they asked for to get the job done?

And will we meet the objective with the present Government ensconsced?

(Objective meaning that they can take care of thier own internal security making sure that the taliban/al-Queida never beome a problem again)...

I thought we brought them democracy?
Seems like I recall that being touted and cheered by many.

That is a broad tactic, though I see Afghanistan as a grave for US troops after these killings. I've read a few that believe the radicals killed to GET the US out however.
Perfect for the current admin ... he will take credit from there as ending this war too.
Will he also take credit for giving the Generals 1/2 of the surge they asked for to get the job done?
No choice; as I wrote: LOSE/LOSE for Obama.

Radical Islam: One Trident. 12 minutes. Lather 'em. End of problem.

Robert
Radical Islam: One Trident. 12 minutes. Lather 'em. End of problem.
AIMED at which country?

Trident in the Med. Parked.
Warn: Stand down..
Failure to comply?
Launch on Warning.
Which?---ALL.
12 minutes.

Robert

You think like an Iranian?
Or do you think that they think like you do?

until we actually put some Americans within that range.

I just never did see the need to take out a handful of guys on a few firing ranges half way around the world. There was no capacity there for a ground invasion, which was the only type of training going on in any camps. Just don't see it.
Thus, we pray militants cannot make use of what we took in?

If you mean that we now have to wonder how much of our own hardware is going to be used by the enemy? Absolutely. I mean, it took what, about a week for our military to say "there is nothing left to bomb"? There was no significant infrastructure there to pose the kind of threat that would require a deployment. It never has been that kind of war and I thought pretty much everyone knew that. It's not the kind of thing you can win by conventional means. It was and is about ideas and the facts always were and are that the breeding ground for these ideas that have hurt us is Saudi Arabia.

(Objective meaning that they can take care of thier own internal security making sure that the taliban/al-Queida never beome a problem again)...

It appears the country may not WANT it.

The spirit of democracy cannot be imposed from without. It has to come from within.

- Mohandas K. Gandhi

Yep. Time to get out. After all these years I still find myself reminding folks that there was not a single Afgan or Iraqi hijacker on 9 / 11. Not one. 16 Saudis and I think two Egyptians and a Syrian, led by a Saudi with a bunch of Saudi money and Saudi educations.

This getting through yet? I didn't think so.

think training camps asswipe. or just think

Is that kind of insult needed?

This appears to be the accepted behavior from one who appears to be a senior contributor here?

I must apologize, up front, if I have offended you in some way. I assure you it was unintentional if I have.

When you lie it is offensive. and "is this getting throughyet I don't think so " is offensive and condescending. hence my reply..you deserved it.

Last edited:
think training camps asswipe. or just think

This appears to be the accepted behavior from one who appears to be a senior contributor here?

I must apologize, up front, if I have offended you in some way. I assure you it was unintentional if I have.

When you lie it is offensive. and "is this getting throughyet I don't think so " is offensive and condescending. hence my reply..you deserved it.

Again, my apologies. There was no intent and certainly there was no direct insult to you. I am regretful that you felt insulted personally by my comments.

That discovery prompted days of deadly violence. The killings in the early hours of Sunday morning are likely to fuel more anger across Afghanistan and raise questions in Kabul and the US about the future of an increasingly unpopular war.

About 1,000 people gathered to protest outside the Zangabad military base, in southern Kandahar province, on Sunday as the bodies were prepared for burial and news of the killings spread throughout the area, a ribbon of mud adobe compounds interspersed with pomegranate orchards, vineyards and fields of opium and marijuana.

US soldier's killing spree puts Afghanistan on a knife-edge | World news | The Guardian

I was really saddened to hear this. The fact that this lunatic killed kids was the worst. Even though this frickin idiot acted alone, it will still be regarded as an act by America by many. We need to get out of Afghanistan. We've outlasted our welcome there. Our intentions were noble at first, when the Taliban was systematically pissing on it's own people as well as harboring and training new terrorists but I think we've done as much as we can do in Afghanistan at this point.

It appears the country may not WANT it.

The spirit of democracy cannot be imposed from without. It has to come from within.

- Mohandas K. Gandhi

That was what I said at the time and was ridiculed by the right for it.

That discovery prompted days of deadly violence. The killings in the early hours of Sunday morning are likely to fuel more anger across Afghanistan and raise questions in Kabul and the US about the future of an increasingly unpopular war.

About 1,000 people gathered to protest outside the Zangabad military base, in southern Kandahar province, on Sunday as the bodies were prepared for burial and news of the killings spread throughout the area, a ribbon of mud adobe compounds interspersed with pomegranate orchards, vineyards and fields of opium and marijuana.

US soldier's killing spree puts Afghanistan on a knife-edge | World news | The Guardian

I was really saddened to hear this. The fact that this lunatic killed kids was the worst. Even though this frickin idiot acted alone, it will still be regarded as an act by America by many. We need to get out of Afghanistan. We've outlasted our welcome there. Our intentions were noble at first, when the Taliban was systematically pissing on it's own people as well as harboring and training new terrorists but I think we've done as much as we can do in Afghanistan at this point.
Even though this frickin idiot acted alone, it will still be regarded as an act by America by many. We need to get out of Afghanistan. We've outlasted our welcome there. Our intentions were noble at first, when the Taliban was systematically pissing on it's own people as well as harboring and training new terrorists but I think we've done as much as we can do in Afghanistan at this point.
Noble cause, derailed.

Although the killings will have repercussions, religious slights or insults carry a lot more weight than this incident in that region of the world.

Although the killings will have repercussions, religious slights or insults carry a lot more weight than this incident in that region of the world.
We shall SEE, US troops will FEEL any reprisals however.

“Let us learn our lessons. Never, never, never believe any War will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter.

The Statesman who yields to War Fever must realize that – once the signal is given – he is no longer the Master Of Policy but the Slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events. Antiquated War offices, weak, incompetent, or arrogant commanders, untrustworthy allies, hostile neutrals, malignant fortune, ugly surprises, awful miscalculations – ALL take their seats at the council board on the morrow of a declaration of War.

Always remember, however sure you are that you can easily win, that there would not BE a War, if the other man did not think HE also had a chance.” – Winston Churchill

george%20bush%20looking%20stupid.jpg

One Trident.

14 nuclear-powered SSBNs (fleet ballistic missile submarines (FBM)), each armed with up to 24 Trident II SLBMs; they are also known as "Trident" submarines, and provide the sea-based leg of the nuclear triad of the U.S. strategic nuclear weapons arsenal. Each of the 24 SLBMs are equipped with 11 Multiple Independnt Targeted Vehicles (MIRVs) with a total yield for each boat of 998 Hiroshimas.

The 14 Trident II SSBNs together carry approximately fifty percent of the total American active inventory of strategic thermonuclear warheads.

They are built in Groton, CT. They are products of Electric Boat. A sub of Genereal Dynamics.

They are the largest submarines ever built. They operate for 15 years between overall. They are silent--more slient than a Dolphin.

Each can deliver up to 66 Navy SEALs, also.

The SSBN Montana (my home state) would suffice.

Stand down.
Launch on Warning.
12 minutes.

Robert

Again, my apologies. There was no intent and certainly there was no direct insult to you. I am regretful that you felt insulted personally by my comments.

do you need a tissue?

Forum List

Back