Afghanistan Deaths Hit Close to Home.......

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Sunshine, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Sunshine

Sunshine Trust the pie. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,045
    Close to my home:

Local woman's soldier husband killed in Afghanistan violence | WPSD Local 6 - News, Sports, Weather - Paducah KY | Local

From just across the river.

And the manner in which she found out her husband was dead does make one wonder who, exactly, is in charge!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. B. Kidd

B. Kidd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    So much for apoligizing to fundamentalist Muslims whom wanna whack off ANY Americans head if given an Acme minute!
    Did Obie think they'd blow kisses, paint rainbows, while riding Unicorns, if he apologized?
    Meanwhile, 15th century barbarian Muslims, resume your 21st century normal activities..............

3. Sunshine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,045
    Look at how the widow found out her husband was dead. WTF? Who the hell is in control anyway. Certainly not our commander in chief!

4. B. Kidd

B. Kidd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    During the height of the Vietnam war, McNamara and LBJ both came to the conclusion that neither knew what the hell they were doin'!
    So, to answer your question, there is no one at the wheel steering this bus. :smoke:.
    Unfortunately, too many Americans just assume that those in charge know what they're doing. History and current reality supports the fact that this is not necessarily, the case.

5. Peach

Peach Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,966
    In the days before overseas phones & the internet, it was easier to to control such information. Saying no one is in control is not accurate. The INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY has changed many lives, not always for the better. I just skimmed over at a hundred pages of a newspaper published in the last few days....IN IRAN. Not possible even 30 years ago; a member of our Armed Forces dies, those around the fallen soldier reach for their laptops.

6. Sunshine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,045
    Obama's army is out of control. He can't even get a widow notified properly. This is unacceptable.

7. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    That is sad... mostly the fact that she lost her husband over such a stupid event. But what an awful way to learn about that loss.

My heart goes out to her.

Immie

8. Peach

Peach Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,966
    Blaming Obama for television isn't going to stop the overload. The fallen soldier's superior officers are responsible, but I cannot condemn them. NEWS is jamming our lives. It is tragic she learned from TV, sad the station ran such a "story" without checking with military authorities. But all media today wants to be "FIRST with the story!" The result is more inaccurate news and the hideous way your friend learned of her husband's death. A man burned to death last week in a trucked parked next to my office; this is a small town; still, a Jacksonville news station had their van there within 4 hours of his death.

9. B. Kidd

B. Kidd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770

Before the internet, it took mucho years and a book by McNamara to find out that neither he nor the Prez knew nada about what they were doing concerning VietNam.
    I'd rather know much sooner then later.
    But that's just me. :cool:

10. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    TV? The article states she learned it from a text message from another Army wife. Can you imagine opening a text that said something like, "I'm so sorry to hear about Josh's death?..."

What a horrible way to find out something like that. I don't blame the other army wife, but, I have to say, I am 100% certain that I could not message a friend in that manner before I knew for certain that the friend had been given the news personally.

Immie