Affirmative Action Needs to Be Banned (all 50 states)

You must mean giving the people who were discriminated against something for that specific situation and not across the board because it affects you.

I think what you're looking for a payback...a reparation if you will, for those affected.

I like it

You're so-called "peaceful revolution" could have been attained by supplying AA for those who NEED it (based on economic class), without being racist, based on race, and sexist, based on gender. Them within, that context, the jobs could be given based on qualifications.

It should go away, because it is a disgrace to America, that has maliciously, racistly discriminated against (by far) more people than anything else, for 50 years, and reparations should be now paid to compensate the victims of it.

AA is supplied to those that need it. The problem seems to be that you have determined that millions of beneficaries of that policy didnt really "need it"...Whatever that means.

And the entire reason you think it should go away is because....you think so. You have anything else or thats the gist?

The entire reason I say it should go away is because it uses a factor to benefit that would be considered wrong is used to deny.

Seems you've determined that millions of beneficiaries needed it, whatever that means.

I dont know but either you dont know that discrimation has actually happened or you dont care that it did happen. Thats the only way you can have an idea that righting wrongs is petty.

I didnt say they needed it but YOU DID SAY it should be for only those that "need it". You shouldnt say things if you cant explain what they mean

I don't deny that it happened and that it was wrong. What I said is that trying to make up for it using the same factor that was used is denying it is also wrong.

Your logic is just wrong because what you're doing is using the "Intolerance" argument that goes

"Its intolerant to be intolerant or intolerance"

No helping the people who were adversely affected by a policy is not a bad thing. Its an apology or sorts.

A weak one at that since AA isnt only for Blacks.
Your logic is that it's OK to use a factor to benefit someone that if used against them would be wrong. That's retarded.

Since I didn't do them wrong, I don't owe them an apology. It's not my place to help someone I didn't wrong because I happen to be the same race as those who did.

AA damn sure isn't for whites.

Why should AA go away?

If considering race to not hire someone is wrong, considering race to hire them is also wrong.

Thats just stupid because you ignore the fact that some groups were denied employment just for being who they are. Since going "hey everybody be fair mmkay?" didnt work something had to be done.

what do you propose to help people who are discriminated against?

So it's OK to use race to make up for what happened in the past? That's stupid.

Do something about those that did the discriminating.
It was institutionalized. They did do something.

I didn't say they didn't do something. I said hold them responsible for it. I didn't do it but if I'm affected because AA creates a situation where someone less qualified than me is hired because of race, I'm being affected for something I did't create.
Doubtful that someone was hired over you because of race. Sex..probably, race - not really.

If considering race to not hire someone is wrong, considering race to hire them is also wrong.

Thats just stupid because you ignore the fact that some groups were denied employment just for being who they are. Since going "hey everybody be fair mmkay?" didnt work something had to be done.

So it's OK to use race to make up for what happened in the past? That's stupid.

Do something about those that did the discriminating.
It was institutionalized. They did do something.

I didn't say they didn't do something. I said hold them responsible for it. I didn't do it but if I'm affected because AA creates a situation where someone less qualified than me is hired because of race, I'm being affected for something I did't create.
Doubtful that someone was hired over you because of race. Sex..probably, race - not really.
You might be surprised.

AA is supplied to those that need it. The problem seems to be that you have determined that millions of beneficaries of that policy didnt really "need it"...Whatever that means.

And the entire reason you think it should go away is because....you think so. You have anything else or thats the gist?

The entire reason I say it should go away is because it uses a factor to benefit that would be considered wrong is used to deny.

Seems you've determined that millions of beneficiaries needed it, whatever that means.

I dont know but either you dont know that discrimation has actually happened or you dont care that it did happen. Thats the only way you can have an idea that righting wrongs is petty.

I didnt say they needed it but YOU DID SAY it should be for only those that "need it". You shouldnt say things if you cant explain what they mean

I don't deny that it happened and that it was wrong. What I said is that trying to make up for it using the same factor that was used is denying it is also wrong.

Your logic is just wrong because what you're doing is using the "Intolerance" argument that goes

No helping the people who were adversely affected by a policy is not a bad thing. Its an apology or sorts.

Your logic is that it's OK to use a factor to benefit someone that if used against them would be wrong. That's retarded.

Since I didn't do them wrong, I don't owe them an apology. It's not my place to help someone I didn't wrong because I happen to be the same race as those who did.

You keep saying IF used against them. IT WAS used against them. Now how do you fix that? By ignoring it? Give 'em a pat on the back?

AA is used by more white women than any other group. Messed up, Blacks should have a program for blacks. Wouldnt you agree?

Affirmative action has been a major success in this country that all Americans have benefitted from

Bullshit.

Prior to affirmative action, blacks were primarily constrained to menial jobs while women were slotted to be secretaries, teacher, nurses and beauticians

Thanks to affirmative action we no longer think twice about a black or woman being a doctor, lawyer, manager....even President

You keep saying IF used against them. IT WAS used against them. Now how do you fix that? By ignoring it? Give 'em a pat on the back?

AA is used by more white women than any other group. Messed up, Blacks should have a program for blacks. Wouldnt you agree?

Proof please about white women. Also, you should focus on the women part not the white.

I agree that people should be hired based on qualifications and race isn't one of them.

Affirmative action has been a major success in this country that all Americans have benefitted from

Bullshit.

Prior to affirmative action, blacks were primarily constrained to menial jobs while women were slotted to be secretaries, teacher, nurses and beauticians

Thanks to affirmative action we no longer think twice about a black or woman being a doctor, lawyer, manager....even President

So you admit Obama is President due to AA? Interesting. I've heard it was because he was qualfified. I guess I was correct in that he was elected because he's black.

Proof please about white women. Also, you should focus on the women part not the white.

I agree that people should be hired based on qualifications and race isn't one of them.

Of course you dont believe me but leave yourself open to be wrong. I'll post it but it really doesnt matter, you're not going to change your mind and say "well gosh blacks SHOULD have their own"
Sally Kohn Affirmative Action Helps White Women More Than Others TIME.com

"While people of color, individually and as groups, have been helped by affirmative action in the subsequent years, data and studies suggest women — white women in particular — have benefited disproportionately. According toone study, in 1995, 6 million women, the majority of whom were white, had jobs they wouldn’t have otherwise held but for affirmative action."

See and this is why white guys go on and on about how unfair it is. Because they believe that its benefitting blacks. "Those dam blacks always looking for a handout" *wink wink*

Until they find out that white women use it more than anyone then the narrative changes to something with a nicer...lighter tone *wink wink*

All the talk about laziness, handouts, wants something for nothing seems to just....disappear

Of course you dont believe me but leave yourself open to be wrong. I'll post it but it really doesnt matter, you're not going to change your mind and say "well gosh blacks SHOULD have their own"

"While people of color, individually and as groups, have been helped by affirmative action in the subsequent years, data and studies suggest women — white women in particular — have benefited disproportionately. According toone study, in 1995, 6 million women, the majority of whom were white, had jobs they wouldn’t have otherwise held but for affirmative action."

A 20 year old study is hardly reliable and valid.

The last sentence tells it all. Sounds to me as if they got the job because they were females not because they were the most qualified. If affirmative action, which took gender into account, is the reason, that says a less qualfified person got it for being female.

Bullshit.

So you admit Obama is President due to AA? Interesting. I've heard it was because he was qualfified. I guess I was correct in that he was elected because he's black.

Why of course

Being born to mixed race parents in 1961, his father would have been lynched in much of the country
Without the advent of affirmative action, Barack Obama would have been relegated to a historically black college and be a lawyer for the black community. He never could have aspired to be president

Bullshit.

Why of course

Being born to mixed race parents in 1961, his father would have been lynched in much of the country
Without the advent of affirmative action, Barack Obama would have been relegated to a historically black college and be a lawyer for the black community. He never could have aspired to be president

His father was an alcoholic, runaway sperm donor and his mother was a piece of white trash.

Bullshit.

Why of course

His father was an alcoholic, runaway sperm donor and his mother was a piece of white trash.

He became one of the greatest American Presidents

A 20 year old study is hardly reliable and valid.

The last sentence tells it all. Sounds to me as if they got the job because they were females not because they were the most qualified. If affirmative action, which took gender into account, is the reason, that says a less qualfified person got it for being female.

So its not reliable or valid but it is only in that paragraph because you didnt click the link?

84609b1ba055da2ac1fdcecdbff81688d7bb432ade54ce1fb6a39f02ecaaa021.jpg

Bullshit.

Why of course

He became one of the greatest American Presidents

Only in your eyes but they are clouded by skin color rather than actually having done something.

Oh btw anytime you feel the need to post anything that shows that white women do not use AA the most go right ahead but so far all your opinions come from what you think should happen.

And the reason is because...because you think it should be

Why should AA go away?

I hope you realize they dont really care? They need their complete and utter white AA back again so they can maintain their 400 year head start. They see other people catching up and are in a full fledged panic. You simply cant have people of color and women being exposed to things that will put them on equal footing opportunity wise with white males.

Forum List

Back