Adumb Schifferbrains is ensuring a Trump victory in 2020.

4.1%, gosh sounds impressive. Almost as impressive as Obama's 5.5%. Trump hasn't even had a full year of 3% growth either. Missed it last year. Better luck next year because he sure as hell ain't going to do it this year.

Obama's 5.5? Lol uhm no

Q2 2014 real GDP growth was 5.5%. It's true.

Oh one quarter....what was Ear's overall GDP?

It doesn't matter I've already stated GDP is now a weak indicator of how an economy is doing. Under Trump the economy is booming.

It was one quarter as the previous poster pointed to Trump's best quarter which was substantially less than Obama's best quarter.

Where did you get the weird idea that service industry isn't included in the GDP? What you said is untrue.

Get educated....there are many different types of "services"

All types of services that provide economic value are included in our GDP.

Not sure you actually read the article you posted because it has nothing to do with what we're talking about. It's talking about factoring into ecological impact of economic activity.

I get it though. GDP growth during Obama was bad, now it's "irrelevant" under Trump because it's the same. Just like unemployment rates were supposedly falsified (or alternatively now "real") under Obama and now are the only thing that matters under Trump because unemployment kept falling at about the same pace it had for the previous 6 years.

The economy is about as good now as it was under Obama. Admit it and stop making up silly stories.

Obama's 5.5? Lol uhm no

It doesn't matter I've already stated GDP is now a weak indicator of how an economy is doing. Under Trump the economy is booming.

It was one quarter as the previous poster pointed to Trump's best quarter which was substantially less than Obama's best quarter.

Where did you get the weird idea that service industry isn't included in the GDP? What you said is untrue.

No they are not. It's in the article. Read it and get back to me noob

1.9% GDP growth is pretty good now? It used to be "pathetic".

It has reached 4.1% and will eventually go back up. No biggie.

Hell, Obama’s average GDP growth was under 2%. He never even had a full year of 3% growth.

4.1%, gosh sounds impressive. Almost as impressive as Obama's 5.5%. Trump hasn't even had a full year of 3% growth either. Missed it last year. Better luck next year because he sure as hell ain't going to do it this year.

Obama's 5.5? Lol uhm no
Oh.View attachment 290506

The 5.1% number was right before the 2014 midterms, if you remember. Statistical tricks were often used, just like his “low” unemployment rates, the the 5.1% number was an upwardly-revised number. It was revised downward to 3.6% the next quarter. Nobody mentions that fact.

That quarter in 2014 was also the top of the oil fracking boom, which was adding half a trillion dollars to the US economy at the time, despite the Obama administration's best efforts to kill it.

Then there was also the defense spending for 2nd Quarter of 2014, which pushed the GDP to 4.6%, then fell back to 3.5% for the third Quarter.

Even CNN Money said that there was an average of 2.4% for 2014.

Hell, Obama’s average GDP growth was under 2%. He never even had a full year of 3% growth.

Obama's 5.5? Lol uhm no

The 5.1% number was right before the 2014 midterms, if you remember. Statistical tricks were often used, just like his “low” unemployment rates, the the 5.1% number was an upwardly-revised number. It was revised downward to 3.6% the next quarter. Nobody mentions that fact.

That quarter in 2014 was also the top of the oil fracking boom, which was adding half a trillion dollars to the US economy at the time, despite the Obama administration's best efforts to kill it.

Then there was also the defense spending for 2nd Quarter of 2014, which pushed the GDP to 4.6%, then fell back to 3.5% for the third Quarter.

GDP growth for Q2 was not revised down to 3.6% the next quarter. There were no statistical tricks used. It is what it is.

I read it. I doubt you did because it bears no relation to what you're trying to say.

What policies would you like to talk about?

Why isn't the economy doing better like he promised?

How is the economy not doing well?

GDP growth last quarter was 1.9%. Trump would consider that pathetic if it were anyone else.

Not sure if serious. The economy is looking pretty good from where I'm sitting. There is more to an economy than GDP numbers.

United States Economy at a Glance
So why didn't Trump just say that instead of claiming his GDP numbers would be 6%??

So why did Trump say this instead of attacking Obama for having the same GDP numbers he currently has -- minus him not receiving the worst recession in 70 yrs, like Obama did?

Basically what you folks are saying is "meh, GDP doesn't matter" -- until a Dem is back in office of course...then it will matter again
Exactly. Just like "real unemployment" was all that mattered under Obama, according to many on the right. Now it no longer matters but will again for the next Democrat.

I read it. I doubt you did because it bears no relation to what you're trying to say.

Gawd you're a stupid fck...a waste if time

The real economy includes our natural capital assets – all of the gifts from nature that we do not have to produce – and the immensely valuable, but non-marketed, ecosystem services those assets provide. These services include climate control, water supply, storm protection, pollination and recreation.

These natural assets have been estimated to contribute significantly more to human well-being than all the world’s GDP combined. But our cavalier overlooking of these contributions has led to massive depletion of these assets.

Since 1997, we have lost at least US$20 trillion a year globally in non-marketed ecosystem services. This figure is larger than the GDP of the United States.

Obama's 5.5? Lol uhm no

Not sure you actually read the article you posted because it has nothing to do with what we're talking about. It's talking about factoring into ecological impact of economic activity.

I get it though. GDP growth during Obama was bad, now it's "irrelevant" under Trump because it's the same. Just like unemployment rates were supposedly falsified (or alternatively now "real") under Obama and now are the only thing that matters under Trump because unemployment kept falling at about the same pace it had for the previous 6 years.

The economy is about as good now as it was under Obama. Admit it and stop making up silly stories.

Look at the wild upswings and downturns the GDP was showing while the Obama administration toyed with the figures and manipulated the numbers. That is not how a normal economy behaves.

Then compare it to the stability we're seeing now, under President Trump...

2300.jpg

Look at the wild upswings and downturns the GDP was showing while the Obama administration toyed with the figures and manipulated the numbers. That is not how a normal economy behaves.

Then compare it to the stability we're seeing now, under President Trump...

2300.jpg

No, that is exactly how a normal economy behaves and always has.

upload_2019-11-18_12-2-42.png

Get a little more perspective and you'll see. What's more unusual is Trump's period of relative stability.
Hmm, maybe Trump is the one manipulating the number.

GDP growth last quarter was 1.9%. Trump would consider that pathetic if it were anyone else.

Not sure if serious. The economy is looking pretty good from where I'm sitting.

LOLOL

Last time quarterly GDP was at least 4.1% was in 2014 under Obama when it hit 5.5% in Q2-2014 and 5.0% in Q3-2014. Trump's highest is 3.5% and he is the only president recorded by the BEA to never have a quarter higher than that.

And Trump has also never had a year of 3% or higher.

https://www.bea.gov/system/files/2019-10/gdpchg_0.xlsx

As far as Obama, yes, if you factor in Bush's Great Recession, which sunk to -8.4% just as Obama was preparing to enter office, it was 1.9%. Start from when the Recession ended in June, 2009 and annualized real GDP growth under Obama was 2.4% while it's been 2.6% under Trump.

https://www.bea.gov/system/files/2019-10/gdplev_0.xlsx

Cool...so stop whining about him....

If he is guaranteeing Trump is going to win, you should be celebrating him like you do Trump's policies......oh wait, you idiots never talk about policies.....nevermind...

Just because you disagree with President Trump's policies, doesn't mean they aren't effectively working.

Personally, I have no problem with a single thing he has implemented.
So him sending troops to protect oil wells in Saudi Arabia is fine with you??

Or is it fine with you as long as Trump is doing it??

So?

"US President Donald Trump has revealed that Saudi Arabia has agreed to pay the United States for sending US troops to the region, following attacks on Aramco oil facilities. Trump told reporters that sending any troops to the Middle East should be contingent on a fee..."

Trump: Saudi Arabia will pay us to send our troops to help | tellerreport.com

So I take it that you're in favor of terrorists disrupting the rest of the world's oil supply? Do you have any idea what that would do the the European economy?
I am in favor of Saudis protecting their own oil wells -- especially since we sell them billions in weapons and especially since Saudis don't mind using those weapons to murder 1000's of innocent people in other countries....

But hey, for a Trumper -- money justifies everything -- which is why you folks have no real principles other than worshiping wealth

Not sure if serious. The economy is looking pretty good from where I'm sitting.

Obama's 5.5? Lol uhm no
LOLOL

Dumbfuck....

Q2-2014....

https://www.bea.gov/system/files/2019-10/gdpchg_0.xlsx

Obama's 5.5? Lol uhm no

LOLOL

"Booming?"

That must certainly explain why the Fed has been lowering the Federal Fund Rate.

giphy.gif

Obama's 5.5? Lol uhm no

Statistical tricks were constantly used, like the “low” unemployment rate during Obozo’s term.

U.S. GDP Grew 3.5% In The Third Quarter 2014

The Obama economy in 10 charts
Oh, statistical tricks....

So basically, if data cuts against your worship for Trump -- its statistical tricks?

got it...here is some more trickery then....

5b5f5d5ddcee303b118b47ae-750-591.jpg

If he is guaranteeing Trump is going to win, you should be celebrating him like you do Trump's policies......oh wait, you idiots never talk about policies.....nevermind...

I would suggest you pull your head out of your ass and look around.

Trump promised 4-6% GDP growth, it's sub 3%. Trump promised huge gains in manufacturing and coal. Neither materialized. He promised closing trade deficits, they're expanding. He promised lower federal deficits, they're ballooning. He promised corporate investment, it's flatlined.

Of course, unemployment is low, but it's been dropping for years and years, so it's hard to use that as an example of Trump's brilliance.

The truth is that the economy is "fine". It's not shrinking. It's not booming. It's fine. Just like it was fine under the latter years of Obama.

He pumped trillions into the economy with deficit spending, tax cuts and now Fed rate decreases and that's the best we can do?

Oh wait, he has...

upload_2019-10-31_23-24-32-jpeg.287425

2012? :laughing0301:
Oh? What's so funny? Was 1.9% GDP growth in 2012 smaller than 1.9% GDP growth in 2019?

Just because you disagree with President Trump's policies, doesn't mean they aren't effectively working.

So?

"US President Donald Trump has revealed that Saudi Arabia has agreed to pay the United States for sending US troops to the region, following attacks on Aramco oil facilities. Trump told reporters that sending any troops to the Middle East should be contingent on a fee..."

So I take it that you're in favor of terrorists disrupting the rest of the world's oil supply? Do you have any idea what that would do the the European economy?
Biff doesn't care. His mud hut and bicycle don't require petroleum to operate.

Obama's 5.5? Lol uhm no

Statistical tricks were constantly used, like the “low” unemployment rate during Obozo’s term.

U.S. GDP Grew 3.5% In The Third Quarter 2014

The Obama economy in 10 charts
Oh, statistical tricks....

So basically, if data cuts against your worship for Trump -- its statistical tricks?

got it...here is some more trickery then....

View attachment 290528
Wow! Wages PLUMMETED under Barry Hussein. Thanks for the graph.

What a disaster that clown was.

So?

Biff doesn't care. His mud hut and bicycle don't require petroleum to operate.
So when Trump was talking about getting out of the middle east and bringing troops home -- he was just bullshitting?

Got it.....

Basically it is the eternal job of our military to fight and die for Saudi Arabia's oil...make you dic suckers run on that in 2020....but I suspect you won't

Gawd you're a stupid fck...a waste if time

The real economy includes our natural capital assets – all of the gifts from nature that we do not have to produce – and the immensely valuable, but non-marketed, ecosystem services those assets provide. These services include climate control, water supply, storm protection, pollination and recreation.

These natural assets have been estimated to contribute significantly more to human well-being than all the world’s GDP combined. But our cavalier overlooking of these contributions has led to massive depletion of these assets.

Since 1997, we have lost at least US$20 trillion a year globally in non-marketed ecosystem services. This figure is larger than the GDP of the United States.

I'll have to remind you what you initially said:
GDP is basically an outdated indicator of an economy, it doesn't factor in the service sector and as we move further from manufacturing to service oriented it's going to become less relevant

In which you were referring to the service sector as opposed to manufacturing. It sure as hell had nothing to do with the services the ecosystem provides. What sort of weird gas lighting are you trying to pull?

Forum List

Back