Administration Getting Weirder and Weirder

yep... why would y'all disabuse yourselves of all the disinformation and fallacies you keep repeating...

oh yeah... near as i can tell, this is free...and it's the whole essay...hmmmmmmmmmm.... could it be the right once again playing fast and loose with reality?

oops....

Barack Obama's Healthcare Full Plan

Jillian, you do understand who's paying, right?

Then attack the source of the costs, law firms that milked the medical industry as a cottage industry cash cow and the insurance companies that kept raising rates after each loss.

Craft legislation to end the cottage industry and insulate consumers from having 'costs passed on.'

This bill does NONE of that.

I'd start with the pharmaceutical companies first...then worry about the medical dudes..

Hey, the way your country is run, people have the right to sue...live with it...it's your system..

Then attack the source of the costs, law firms that milked the medical industry as a cottage industry cash cow and the insurance companies that kept raising rates after each loss.

Craft legislation to end the cottage industry and insulate consumers from having 'costs passed on.'

I'd start with the pharmaceutical companies first...then worry about the medical dudes..

Hey, the way your country is run, people have the right to sue...live with it...it's your system..

sue yes Doc.......but frivolous lawsuites should be thrown out the minute they hit the courts....

Spare me your bullshit.

What the Congress Can Do for America
Let them say of these next two years: We used our time well.

by GEORGE W. BUSH
Wednesday, January 3, 2007 12:01 A.M. EST

This is all you need to know:

Anything passed=Cost you huge $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

it's already costing us huge $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ with 50% of bankruptcies being caused by health costs.

good to know the insurance lobby is getting it's 1.4 million dollars a day's worth

i'm sure dick armey is proud.

I saw Armey on MTP Sunday smirking about everything Rachael Maddow said as if he has a brain in his puney head. This morning Joe Scarborough was amazed that someone would want to get the healthcare system out of the hands of big insurance.

That's what happens when they categorically dismiss every damn thing that comes across their desk. The party of no lives to render themselves useless yet another day.

First president to get a part time job, but then again how busy can he be? Now selling speeches through syndication. Since when can't a person go to whitehouse.gov and select a date for speech, especially on the issue of the day, where the essay is to 'clarify.'

Blogs » Blog Archive » President’s essay on health care up for sale. Does that seem right? :: Your Right To Know :: PostStar.com

President’s essay on health care up for sale. Does that seem right?

You’d think since we elected him the president of our country and everything, we could at least get his speeches for free.

But not so with President Obama’s latest plea for universal health care.

The president recently wrote a 1,200-word essay titled “Why We Need Health Care Reform.” It was not distributed by the White House press office or issued as a press release. It was, instead, made available exclusively to The New York Times Syndicate.

On Monday, papers around the country received an offer to buy the president’s words through a special arrangement with the syndicate. The Post-Star and other papers with fewer than 50,000 subscribers, for instance, could have the president’s essay for the special price of $125. The price goes up with a newspaper’s circulation, but a woman who answered the phone at the syndicate wouldn’t tell me what the price was for those higher circulations.

In the essay, according to the sales pitch, “President Obama clarifies the errors of our current health care system and explains how the proposed reforms will improve the overall livelihood of The United States by providing more stability and security to every American.”

You’d think the president of our country would want all of his constituents to have that information, in order to help them make a thoughtful decision on his health care plan. But apparently, that explanation isn’t for all Americans — just those who live in communities where their local newspapers are willing to pay for it. (We’re not, by the way.)

Should the president really be offering his essays to a company to then turn around and sell? Isn’t he on the clock for all of us, not just a select few? Should private companies be able to profit from a sitting president’s words?

We elected this man to represent us. We’re already paying him a healthy salary and letting him live in very nice taxpayer-subsidized housing. Should we also have to pay to read what he has to say?

– Mark Mahoney

For sale? It's right here, online:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/16/opinion/16obama.html

How much should I charge to run off a few copies for my neighbors?

I'd be willing to pay Obama something to keep his mouth shut but I don't think I'd be willing to buy any of his speeches... He has never said anything that was worth the ink it took to print the speech.

That attitude is probably why he chose the NYT as another vehicle to tell it like it is. Look how much publicity it's already getting. But of course the people who SHOULD read it probably won't. They'll just complain about the method.

yep... why would y'all disabuse yourselves of all the disinformation and fallacies you keep repeating...

oh yeah... near as i can tell, this is free...and it's the whole essay...hmmmmmmmmmm.... could it be the right once again playing fast and loose with reality?

oops....

That's a lot to read. This is much shorter and more to the point.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XTi-WdOu2s]YouTube - post office[/ame]

But of course stupids will misinterpret or twist what he means, like the above, so Obama probably doesn't expect you'll get this editorial either. I sure hope his next big agenda item is education. There seems to be a whole generation exhibiting grossly inadequate intelligence levels lately. Even worse than previously feared.

oops....

That's a lot to read. This is much shorter and more to the point.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XTi-WdOu2s]YouTube - post office[/ame]

WTF!!!!!!......:eek:......my union is going to be pissed...lol.....when this guy spoke to them at their convention.....he stuck a flag in every ass there.....said the PO was an example of a well run Government business.....and elaborated a little.....had everyone there cryin and pissing their pants in ecstasy.....:lol:

He was responding to a point that private businesses can never compete with similar government businesses, citing as examples FedEx and UPS as being BETTER run than the US Postal Service (which is only partially government owned anyway). How could seemingly smart people not comprehend what he said is beyond me.

This is all you need to know:

Anything passed=Cost you huge $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

it's already costing us huge $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ with 50% of bankruptcies being caused by health costs.

good to know the insurance lobby is getting it's 1.4 million dollars a day's worth

i'm sure dick armey is proud.

Yeah, right, I can hear the lamenting now. WHAT? EVEN MORE GOVERNMENT REGULATION OF PRIVATE INDUSTRY???????

oops....

Jillian, you do understand who's paying, right?

The White House has an annual budget too, stupid. If they choose to spend a miniscule amount for a published policy statement, tough shit.

sue yes Doc.......but frivolous lawsuites should be thrown out the minute they hit the courts....

Many are, or are settled out of court. But of course you don't hear about those.

Forum List

Back