Addiction

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
If one spends $8K on 8 separate occasions gambling, one is a gambling addict.

If one spends $8k on drugs on separate occasions, one is a drug addict.

If one spends $8K on separate occasion on alcohol, one is an alcoholic.

If one pends $8K on 8 separate occasions on sex, one is a lowlife scumbag for whom no punishment is too severe.

Please explain.

I'm not sure what you want explained.

How that sums up addiction, or how it doesn't?

If one pends $8K on 8 separate occasions on sex, one is a lowlife scumbag for whom no punishment is too severe.

Please explain.

The Political Assassination of Eliot Spitzer

YouTube
March 21, 2008
http://www.infowars.com/?p=947

I dotn feel the need to comdem any sex addict.

I do agree they looked for something to get rid of Spitzer for.

He fought the power and is very likely a sex addict too.

I dotn feel the need to comdem any sex addict.

I do agree they looked for something to get rid of Spitzer for.

He fought the power and is very likely a sex addict too.

He is a lying hypocrite, he spent his career as a prosecutor taking DOWN sex rings, call girls and the very thing he PAID for. He knowingly BROKE the law as Governor. Not once but repeatedly.

I love the double standard democrats have, their party can do ANYTHING, say ANYTHING, break any law and it is just fine. A republican even blinks near any of that and it is " kick that bastard out" time.

Oh I did not say he should not suffer the consequences of his actions my friend.

I do however think the reason he was pursued was his persuing of high level finacial fraud cases.

He is a lying hypocrite, he spent his career as a prosecutor taking DOWN sex rings, call girls and the very thing he PAID for. He knowingly BROKE the law as Governor. Not once but repeatedly.

I love the double standard democrats have, their party can do ANYTHING, say ANYTHING, break any law and it is just fine. A republican even blinks near any of that and it is " kick that bastard out" time.

No shit, I've grown weary of the Dem's and THEIR double standard.

They truly believe in the golden rule, do unto other's BEFORE they can do unto YOU!

If the Democratic party did an assessment of themselves, at this point in the election process, you would have to admit, they are sucking HARD on the hind tit!

The double standard, if you please.:eusa_angel:

Well, not all states punish prostitution, so that changes things just a bit in what you were getting at.

And I think the same stigma of being a lowlife scumbag can be attributed to all the labels you put up, specifically the drug addict and alcoholic.

The gambling thing is a little different. There's no physical reliance on gambling money away. You can stop cold turkey, and your body won't shut down, make you shit and throw up all over yourself, jump in front of a bus for no reason, etc. A "gambling addiction" is a cop-out for being an idiot.

I don't see a universal double standard. It can be perceived on an individual basis.

Well, not all states punish prostitution, so that changes things just a bit in what you were getting at.

And I think the same stigma of being a lowlife scumbag can be attributed to all the labels you put up, specifically the drug addict and alcoholic.

The gambling thing is a little different. There's no physical reliance on gambling money away. You can stop cold turkey, and your body won't shut down, make you shit and throw up all over yourself, jump in front of a bus for no reason, etc. A "gambling addiction" is a cop-out for being an idiot.

I don't see a universal double standard. It can be perceived on an individual basis.

Lets see, Is prostitution illegal in New York? Is it illegal in Washington DC? Is it illegal in Maryland and Virginia?

Better yet did the Governor of New York not make his career partly on PROSECUTING people for prostitution?

I disagree with you here. I don’t recognize addiction. What we call “addiction” is just things that we condition ourselves to enjoy. Practically everything is a choice.

People can become “addicted” to gamboling as one can get addicted to sex. I allowed myself to get addicted to video games in the 80’s.

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/

You're answering from your perspective. Go back to my original post. It's the liberal double standard I am pointing out. It really can't be explained except that it is having a double standard.

At the time that he resigned, Spitzer had not been charged with any crime that I am aware, so it is only the moral judgement that forced his resignation.

Taking it a step further, it also depends on WHICH liberal you are. Liberals brushed of Bill Clinton's known indiscretions as none of anyone's business. So how come it is Spitzer's indiscretion is?

Maybe I am missing the logic but the list should read:

If one spends $8K on 8 separate occasions on sex, one is a sex addict.

So should he be forgiven for another form of addiction, have you become one of those blame the environment liberals? :rofl:

Forum List

Back