Addiction

Maybe I am missing the logic but the list should read:

If one spends $8K on 8 separate occasions gambling, one is a gambling addict.
If one spends $8k on drugs on separate occasions, one is a drug addict.
If one spends $8K on separate occasion on alcohol, one is an alcoholic.
If one spends $8K on 8 separate occasions on sex, one is a sex addict.

So should he be forgiven for another form of addiction, have you become one of those blame the environment liberals? :rofl:

First off, I wrote the questions as intended.

I must've missed your response as to why the double standard between the first three and the last?

You're answering from your perspective. Go back to my original post. It's the liberal double standard I am pointing out. It really can't be explained except that it is having a double standard.

At the time that he resigned, Spitzer had not been charged with any crime that I am aware, so it is only the moral judgement that forced his resignation.

Taking it a step further, it also depends on WHICH liberal you are. Liberals brushed of Bill Clinton's known indiscretions as none of anyone's business. So how come it is Spitzer's indiscretion is?

Actually I don't see it that way, men have all sorts of reasons for going to prostitutes, first and foremost they are men. I think our biology is a bit nuts when we are young - old too sometimes. No excuse but all sorts of addictions are part of the person, I have several brothers in AA. Spitzer's sin was hypocrisy, he hurt his family and he broke a law he once enforced.

If one pends $8K on 8 separate occasions on sex, one is a lowlife scumbag for whom no punishment is too severe.

Please explain.

What about if one spends 8K hours on separate occasions posting on message boards?

If one pends $8K on 8 separate occasions on sex, one is a lowlife scumbag for whom no punishment is too severe.

Please explain.

I say they're all low-life scumbags. But the addicitions themselves are more than enough punishment IMO.

Oh, and btw, I don't buy into the addiction is a disease bull shit. Cancer is a disease, diabetes is a disease, the absence of discipline and self control is NOT.

Drug and alcohol are physical addictions. You can die of withdrawals from alcohol, and you can OD on drugs while pursuing a high.
Gambling and prostitution are not. You cannot die from withdrawal and your ability to reason is not chemically altered.

I don't care if a person is an addict if they abuse their elected position. It's one thing to be an addict, it's another to be corrupt in an office of power. I don't see addiction to sex as an excuse for corruption. If you're a sex addict, you sure as heck shouldn't be prosecuting prostitutes or anyone else.

Forum List

Back