Actor John Goodman Advocates Forcing Workers To Join Unions, Pay Dues

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Actor John Goodman has joined unions opposing Missouri’s right-to-work laws and in a new ad calls workers greedy for opposing forced union membership.

So wanting to have the freedom to make your won choices instead of being FORCED to join groups that take part of your pay to do whatever they want with it - like using workers' money to financially support political candidates the workers oppose - is being 'greedy'?!

:wtf:

The United States / US Constitution is all about FREEDOM, not enslavement, John.

John Goodman Cuts Ad Opposing Missouri Bill Outlawing Forced Union Membership

I have mixed feelings about unions, but with the GOP in charge workers need something. At will employment, and no more prevailing wage are cutting wages and well one can get fired for just looking the wrong way at the boss.

At will employment, and no more prevailing wage are cutting wages and well one can get fired for just looking the wrong way at the boss.
Since Trump took office, with the ruling that workers do NOT have to join unions, we have 'the strongest economy in decades', on that has seen an increase in the number of jobs available, an increase in the number of full-time jobs available, HIGHER wages, and bonuses.

Illegal immigration, that brings I a flood of unskilled cheap undocumented labor, is what drives down wages.

I've worked in both Union and non-Union environments.

Yes, union jobs pay more, but the quality and quantity of finished product suffers, and they breed lazy and discontent workers. ... :cool:

Yes, union jobs pay more, but the quality and quantity of finished product suffers, and they breed lazy and discontent workers. ... :cool:
I have worked with some unionized govt workers. One was a lazy alcoholic - they couldn't fire his fat arse for anything.

Of course people have probably seen the stories of union teachers in some northern states, who sit in rooms reading the paper all day and f*ing off because they can't teach and can't be fired....

i have worked both too....and both have lousy workers as well as good ones....

If union's backed the gop nobody here would say anything other than positives about them. it's all political. We can't have workers with some benefits heaven forbid. Always taking the side of employer is anti American and anti life. Not a one of you works harder than anyone else that I guarantee.

Actor John Goodman has joined unions opposing Missouri’s right-to-work laws and in a new ad calls workers greedy for opposing forced union membership.

So wanting to have the freedom to make your won choices instead of being FORCED to join groups that take part of your pay to do whatever they want with it - like using workers' money to financially support political candidates the workers oppose - is being 'greedy'?!

The United States / US Constitution is all about FREEDOM, not enslavement, John.

Since when does anybody give a shit what John Goodman says or thinks? He’s another b-rated actor too full of himself.

i have worked both too....and both have lousy workers as well as good ones....
The difference is that you can fire a lousy worker at a non Union job and hire someone better.

But it's almost impossible to fire a Union worker no matter what they do or how bad their work performance. ... :cool:
in my 33 years in the PO i have seen quite a few get fired for things like theft,attendance,violence against another employee and ripping off customers.....and i have witnessed people who could not carry mail be given a choice,resign or become a clerk....basically it depends on what they do.....the Fed-X driver on my route said he wished Fed was union because he has seen long time employees get fired for some pretty lame reasons.....

Diagree....but also, if not in a union, not get the benefits of collective bargaining....at all.

Forum List

Back