ACLU vs. USMC

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by HGROKIT, Jun 19, 2004.

1. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Copy of an e-mail I received from a friend. Damned as I might, I could not get the pic to load. Anyway, it is a pic of a bunch of marines with their heads bowed in prayer as the e-mail suggests. I will try and see if I can find a post to back this up, but in the interim, thought it to be interesting. What I really wanted you all to se is the pic however :(

Subject: Up set at the Marines...

ACLU Upset At Marines

If you look closely at the picture above, you will note that all the Marines pictured are bowing their heads. That's because they're praying.

This incident took place at a recent ceremony honoring the birthday of the corps, and it has the ACLU up in arms. "These are federal employees," says Lucius Traveler, a spokesman for the ACLU, "on federal property and on federal time. For them to pray is clearly an establishment of religion, and we must nip this in the bud immediately."

When asked about the ACLU's charges, Colonel Jack Fessender, speaking for the Commandant of the Corps said (cleaned up a bit), "Screw the ACLU." GOD Bless Our Warriors, Send the ACLU to France.

Please send this to people you know so everyone will know how stupid the ACLU is Getting in trying to remove GOD from everything and every place in America. May God Bless America, One Nation Under GOD!

2. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Found swomething to substantiate the above.

Full story here - http://www.azconservative.org/erickson5.htm

When and where will it end?

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    How do people like this get any funding? These fake do gooders need a reduction in pay.

4. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    The ACLU doesn't have a chance in hell at this. My entire 6 years in the corps never once was I forced to pray.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    The story on the marines, first one, is debunked at www.snopes.com The second I am unsure of, though the link is to a conservative organization that makes some 'sweeping generalizations.' With that said...

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Well if it's not substatiated yet, you just gave the ACLU another idea. God how they love to shake the establishment up with thier sanctimonious "protection" of the "little" guy. On the other hand if this is all they can come up with, I guess the real country is in pretty good shape!

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    LOL Hey I'm trying to show DK that if he can go 'Marine' I can also return to my 'roots'. At one time I had an ACLU card. I support most of their convictions, yet when they supported the Nazis in Skokie, as 'right' as that might have been, they lost me.

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    ok well I had some minor indigressions in my youth also. I was a member of SOS (save our surf) in Hawaii. We protested and everything!! I'm glad I'm growing up but may feel called back to duty if someone would lead a truth in media campaign.:poop:

I'll carry a sign!

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Ok, we'll march together. :beer:

10. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I support the ACLU in alot of their positions as well, but like every major organization, they do have some faults. :p: