CDZ According to this anti gunner, more violence is never the answer. Is this true?

If a gun would make me and my family safer, I would undoubtedly own one. I'm not convinced that it will, though. When people get shot on the streets of a city, they usually don't see it coming. But I don't live in Chicago, or in a very violent place, so I don't know what the reality of that is like. Overall, I don't believe in a ban on guns. Nor do I believe in the polar opposite view, that anyone who wants one should be allowed to have one (doesn't everyone know or know of at least one person who definitely shouldn't be trusted with a weapon?). Does a society where "everyone" owns a gun make it a safer, less violent one? A person who advocates for less restrictions on gun use will say that "guns don't kill people, people kill people." A person who is for tighter gun control will likely agree that it's not the weapons themselves that are the problem, but underlying social problems. So I think the solution to creating a safer, less violent society where people wouldn't feel the need to arm themselves all the time, depends on on what options there are for the mentally ill, what motivates people to commit crimes, etc. etc. In that sense "more violence" is not the answer. It's more complicated and expensive short-term (but not in the long run), so we stick a band aid on it rather than curing the ills of our own surroundings. Until something is done about the "people who kill people", I doubt anything will really curb violence, not even more guns. If anything, I'd think it would be more likely that a robber shoots you quicker than you can reach for your gun, rather than just threaten you, if he thinks you you are carrying one around.

In answer to your question about guns and violence...in 1996 Britain banned and confiscated guns...it is an island nation.....and it has a higher violent crime rate than the rest of Europe and even the United States....

This is a dated article, but it hasn't gotten better over there....

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Daily Mail Online
What the hell do you mean even the US? We got guns out the ass we're so peaceful. How many endless wars of occupation are we in that we started again? We do that for peace you america hater!

According to the NRA and the gun nuts, more guns mean more safety. More than 300 guns hasn't accomplished that yet. Its pretty obvious that we need more guns and fewer laws protecting people from those guns.

And please, enough with this "safety training" nonsense. If you know the ammo gets shoved in that little hole, you're good to go.

Americans use guns 1,500,00 times a year to stop violent criminal attack...according to bill clinton and barak obama...

in the 1990s there were 200 million guns in private hands and 4.7 million people carried guns, legally, for self defense....in 2016 there were over 15 million guns carried for self defense and 357-400 million guns in private hands....and our gun murder rate went down 49%....our violent crime rate went down 75%...

You know this, you have seen this information before.....you are not telling the truth and are speaking without facts....

Saw this quote.......and thought.....does this person really think this...or are they so anti gun/anti personal defense that they say it as a reflex...

Quote of the Day: Columbia Chronicle's Psychological Test for Gun Ownership - The Truth About Guns

The original piece....

Chicago needs fewer guns, not more

Fighting violence with more violence is never the answer.
The first link does not work.

The second link simply says if more Chicagoans are going to get guns (presumably licensed CFP's) then more training is warranted.

How can you logically disagree with that ??

More training is always good.

Where are you going with this red herring thread of yours 2aguy ??

2aguy is an absolute pro at reverse psychology. Every single thread he posts proves more guns kill more people and that a LOT more safety training is desperately needed across the country. That's how he gets people to believe that more guns kill fewer people. Presumably, if one is a "true American", one is born knowing all there is to know about guns.

He's brilliant I tell ya. Just brilliant.

And that is not true.......look at the CDC, and the FBI...and the stats they have show you are not telling the truth....actual statistics on crime and violence......you are spreading lies....

Forum List

Back