CDZ Perspective, darn stadiums are expensive.

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
It is difficult to maintain perspective when big numbers are being thrown about. $100 means something to me. $10,000 does and probably even $100,000. After that I think we tend to lose focus and just get shocked.

Not sure I could have watched GM go under if I was Bush W or Obama, but we got riled up about the $13 billion GM bailout stock trick and sale.

White House ousts GM chief - Mar 29, 2009 - HISTORY.com

Can you believe "Over the last 20 years, the American public has spent more than $7 billion dollars to build or renovate NFL stadiums, taking on 46 percent of the total costs of those projects". Apparently this does not take into account operating costs.

Taxpayers have spent a staggering amount of money on NFL stadiums in the last 20 years | FOX Sports

I say we can either go watch our kids play ball almost for free, god forbid play ourselves, or catch the pro's in whatever stadiums they can afford.

Edit:
Just found this graph. Makes me care a lot less about the Rams leaving.
untitled-1.png

Can you believe "Over the last 20 years, the American public has spent more than $7 billion dollars to build or renovate NFL stadiums, taking on 46 percent of the total costs of those projects". Apparently this does not take into account operating costs.

Yes I can and it is disgusting. The rub is that the promised economic gains rarely surface. The masses are asses.

Just another example of corporate welfare. When will you complacent losers do something about it?

What kind of scam is it when billionaires, who pay millionaires to play a game, then go ask the public to spend a billion dollars or more on a new stadium.

And the public agrees.

Now that is an all day sucker.

It is difficult to maintain perspective when big numbers are being thrown about. $100 means something to me. $10,000 does and probably even $100,000. After that I think we tend to lose focus and just get shocked.

Not sure I could have watched GM go under if I was Bush W or Obama, but we got riled up about the $13 billion GM bailout stock trick and sale.

Taxpayers have spent a staggering amount of money on NFL stadiums in the last 20 years | FOX Sports

I say we can either go watch our kids play ball almost for free, god forbid play ourselves, or catch the pro's in whatever stadiums they can afford.

Edit:
untitled-1.png
It's funny how the Rams and the Giants got nothing, nada, zilch.

Edit:
untitled-1.png
It's funny how the Rams and the Giants got nothing, nada, zilch.

Isn't it. Stan lied to get out of town but I can respect the part which paid his own way. Guess the big markets determined the market was imoortant enough not to have to pay for a team.

• Why does the public pay for any sports stadium?
  • Why doesn't the owner of the team, or the league of which the team is a member, pay to build the place where the team plays and generates revenue for the team owner and league?
This isn't Pax Romana Rome. The emperor doesn't need to build a stadium to entertain the mad and "unwashed" masses.

Makes me care a lot less about the Rams leaving.
Do you have a soccer team? D.C. United soccer team took over our football stadium after the 'Skins moved into MD. Alas, we're now going to build a new field for the soccer team. I don't follow soccer, but for the life of me, I don't know what's wrong with RFK stadium and that militates for building a soccer field, other than that they think it's too big. All the same, D.C. will spend $150M to buy the land for the stadium, but the team will build the structure complex.

imrs.php

It'll be called Audi stadium.

Forum List

Back