Abusive parents sent to parenting classes and, surprise, IT DIDN'T CHANGE THEM

tim_duncan2000

Jan 11, 2004
How anyone could break the bones of a newborn baby is something that people may speculate about. But to claim to know how to turn such parents into decent human beings is reckless. And to risk a baby's life on such speculation is criminal.

It is too bad that only one man will go to jail for this crime. There ought to be room in a cell somewhere for the social workers and their bosses who made this murder possible in the face of blatant evidence about the dangers that an infant could see, even if the responsible adults refused to see.

Link
It pisses me off that they were allowed to keep their kid if they would agree to take some classes. People who would break the bones of an infant are not going to change because of some classes. Hello! Why the hell weren't they charged with something then and why didn't they take away their kid? They should get the death penalty now since their kid wound up dead, but the state is the accomplice.

Originally posted by tim_duncan2000
It pisses me off that they were allowed to keep their kid if they would agree to take some classes. People who would break the bones of an infant are not going to change because of some classes. Hello! Why the hell weren't they charged with something then and why didn't they take away their kid? They should get the death penalty now since their kid wound up dead, but the state is the accomplice.

This is another fine example of Liberal judges who fail to uphold and enforce the law.

I can't believe these people hurt this poor baby and never got punished. One time, I accidentally cut my son's finger with the nail clippers (he moved his hand at the last second) and his crying broke my heart. I actually cried harder than he did cuz I felt so bad that I personally had injured him, even though it was very minor. The cut bled a little, but I put that band-aid liquid bandage on it, and it was fine after a few days. But I felt (and still do) SO horrid even though it was an accident.

These people did this on purpose. I would have gladly taken the child in myself to be able to protect it from further abuse.

You felt horrible about that and you didn't even mean to do it. A lot of parents probably do that, and I can't imagine what kind of sick people would hurt children on purpose. It is just a bunch of liberal bullshit about how people can change if we just show them the way. What a crock. People like that are not ever going to change.

Originally posted by fuzzykitten99
This is another fine example of Liberal judges who fail to uphold and enforce the law.

could you point out to me where in the article that it says this was the fault of a liberal judge? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
could you point out to me where in the article that it says this was the fault of a liberal judge? :rolleyes:

A conservative judge (if there is such thing) would have charged them with child abuse, and possibly murder. conservatives don't like to let violent criminals get away with just a slap on the hand. Only bleeding heart liberal judges do that.

A conservative judge (if there is such thing) would have charged them with child abuse, and possibly murder. conservatives don't like to let violent criminals get away with just a slap on the hand. Only bleeding heart liberal judges do that.

This generalization, while annoying to the left due to it's correctness, is correct.

first off, judges don't file charges. Prosecuting attorneys do.

second, whatever the hell family reunification services is, are the ones responsible for this due to their faulty ass assumptions and reports, not the judge.

Third, in family court situations like this, criminal activity is not the purview or jurisdiction but adjudicating family dispositions. Therefore, even if a judge who WAS conservative would not have been able to file charges, much less even recomment them.

So, I would blame this on the FRS department, not the judge. Follow that chain of command from the department right up to the governor of the state and lo and behold we have 'the governator'.

now, what was that about liberal judges?

Originally posted by tim_duncan2000

It's the result of a children's services system that doesn't have the funding, the personel or the mandate to do what needs to be done.

Every children's welfare agency is going to tell you that their goal is to reunite families, since the biological parents are always the best choice for the children. I don't know how you feel, but that is just so much bullshit. The life of a child is too fragile a thing to leave in the hands of parents more interested in their next fix/ high/drink/trick than they are in the welfare of their children. A rational system would permanently remove the children from such parents, and have the parents sterilized.

Abusive parents have failed to grasp the depth of responsibility that comes with the ability to have children. If they are unable or unwilling to bear the responsibility, they have no business bearing children. That being the case, remove the burden from them and let them destroy their own lives so they don't fuck up anyone elses, especially a childs.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
It's the result of a children's services system that doesn't have the funding, the personel or the mandate to do what needs to be done.

Every children's welfare agency is going to tell you that their goal is to reunite families, since the biological parents are always the best choice for the children. I don't know how you feel, but that is just so much bullshit. The life of a child is too fragile a thing to leave in the hands of parents more interested in their next fix/ high/drink/trick than they are in the welfare of their children. A rational system would permanently remove the children from such parents, and have the parents sterilized.

Abusive parents have failed to grasp the depth of responsibility that comes with the ability to have children. If they are unable or unwilling to bear the responsibility, they have no business bearing children. That being the case, remove the burden from them and let them destroy their own lives so they don't fuck up anyone elses, especially a childs.

Hey wait. That's Eugenics. Who are we to deny the irresponsible the right to have kids they aren't able to care for and/or stop abusing? Just saying. This is why we must live a lie.

Tough issue---sorta like parents who refuse medical treatment for thier kids. First of all is the question of are we looking at this legally or morally? Next is who has the right or obligation to intervene? Next is once the intervention occurs who should do the investigation? Next is what should be the appropriate response ?-------and who's on first?

this thread has record breaking potential if some parameters aren't set quickly

Originally posted by dilloduck
Tough issue---sorta like parents who refuse medical treatment for thier kids. First of all is the question of are we looking at this legally or morally? Next is who has the right or obligation to intervene? Next is once the intervention occurs who should do the investigation? Next is what should be the appropriate response ?-------and who's on first?

this thread has record breaking potential if some parameters aren't set quickly

Parameters? Parameter? We don't need no stinking parameters!

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Hey wait. That's Eugenics. Who are we to deny the irresponsible the right to have kids they aren't able to care for and/or stop abusing? Just saying. This is why we must live a lie.

Get a clue. That is not what eugenics is.
Want me to find a dictionary definition for you or do you think you can find one yourself.

I don't support sterilization, I don't think, although it doesn't seem like the worst idea for some people.

But eugenics is a horse of a different color. For example, trying to create a master race through selective breeding.

The purpose of sterilization is just to stop someone from having kids, or suntin'...

RWA, you fucking jackass.:p:

Originally posted by nycflasher
Get a clue. That is not what eugenics is.
Want me to find a dictionary definition for you or do you think you can find one yourself.

I don't support sterilization, I don't think, although it doesn't seem like the worst idea for some people.

But eugenics is a horse of a different color. For example, trying to create a master race through selective breeding.

The purpose of sterilization is just to stop someone from having kids, or suntin'...

RWA, you fucking jackass.:p:

Sometimes you almost seem like you're intelligent, but then you piss it all away in your apparent zeal to be the biggest prickface on the board. Go get another fake identity. Go limp away in disgrace, gimp.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Sometimes you almost seem like you're intelligent, but then you piss it all away in your apparent zeal to be the biggest prickface on the board. Go get another fake identity. Go limp away in disgrace, gimp.

I just have less respect for you than a flea.
Brings out my dark side sometimes...

Forum List

Back