About to crash

The unemployment reporting is just as distorted as the market...

You have to go by the U-6 measure if you want an accurate unemployment rate.

Or ''true rate'' versus ''headline rate''

Headline rate doesn't count total unemployment.

For instance, June...

Screen Shot 20.jpg

Last edited:
What's the timeline for it to be back to what it was?

Mine is to, and there is none. I have been in an exit mode for several months now. I watch my portfolio and when there is a bounce up I sell to lose as little as possible. I am now down to one stock. It is currently down 30ish percent from it's high under Trump. I am hoping it will go up 10 to 15 percent before the plug is pulled on the market.

The unemployment rate is 3.5%. If Trump was still president you'd be singing his praises from the mountain tops about what a wonderful economy we're in.

There are MILLIONS not back in the workforce!!! 63.3 % as the Pandemic hit and 62.6% now. THAT is the REAL story!!! That is about 2.5 MILLION jobs GONE!!!

Greg

The unemployment rate is 3.5%. If Trump was still president you'd be singing his praises from the mountain tops about what a wonderful economy we're in.

Unemployment is a lagging indicator.

What everyone needs to know is that the unemployment rate is a lagging indicator. If you want to time the next recession, the unemployment rate is the worst place to look. The unemployment rate was low when the market crashed in September 2008 and kept rising way after the recession ended in March 2009. The unemployment rate is such a bad indicator of how well the economy is doing that it did not start increasing until five months after the official start of the recession December 2007 and continued to increase four months after the recession had been called off in June 2009.

What everyone needs to know is that the unemployment rate is a lagging indicator. If you want to time the next recession, the unemployment rate is the worst place to look. The unemployment rate was low when the market crashed in September 2008 and kept rising way after the recession ended in March 2009. The unemployment rate is such a bad indicator of how well the economy is doing that it did not start increasing until five months after the official start of the recession December 2007 and continued to increase four months after the recession had been called off in June 2009.
You will notice that the Participation Rate under Obama tanked!!! It was rising under Trump until the Pandemic. It came back with the Trump recovery but is now stagnant.

Greg

It is a lagging indicator

I've got more $ in my 401K than you'll ever hope to make in your life.

Thats why I retired at 56.

Eat it.

Sure thing, skippy. The reality is you are living in your mom's basement.

Downgrading banks means the flow of credit will get tight. That’s when recessions hit and markets crash.

This is awful news.
I'll put the American economy on my prayer list, Mr. Azog. God will see us through the crisis because he loves America, because of the American Founders who prayed for future progeny. We've been through worse times than this one. God profits the good who look out for their neighbors no matter what. God loves America as much as we do, and he respects our devoted ancestors.

I'll put the American economy on my prayer list, Mr. Azog. God will see us through the crisis because he loves America, because of the American Founders who prayed for future progeny. We've been through worse times than this one. God profits the good who look out for their neighbors no matter what. God loves America as much as we do, and he respects our devoted ancestors.
Since when did you speak for God? I'll need written permission from the Big Guy himself.

There are MILLIONS not back in the workforce!!! 63.3 % as the Pandemic hit and 62.6% now. THAT is the REAL story!!! That is about 2.5 MILLION jobs GONE!!!

Greg

add in 17 million new un-invited live-in gueats to that group. They must be housed, fed, educated, medicated, incarcerated etc. working or not.

The unemployment reporting is just as distorted as the market...

You have to go by the U-6 measure if you want an accurate unemployment rate.

Or ''true rate'' versus ''headline rate''

Headline rate doesn't count total unemployment.

For instance, June...

View attachment 812800

:icon_rolleyes:

The U-6 rate is 6.7%.

The problem is history. When the pandemic hit, you don't have to be Einstein to realise economy lock downs will cause high unemployment. When it opens up, you initially have high inflation and employment levels rise. The intelligent know that. Then there's the other side of the coin, bakes that relish how unemployment was high under Trump and diminishing under biden, yet inflation is rampant under Biden.

But the joys of political scoring watching the bakes thrash it out. But there again, if more stuck to policies and economics, instead of character points scoring, USMB would only get 3 posts per day.

Forum List

Back