Abortion Legislation We Can Look Forward To If SCOTUS Favors Mississippi and Texas Laws

The biggest question will be how many weeks into pregnancy will abortion be banned. A super-majority of Americans are opposed to abortions after the first trimester.

Just some stuff to think about.

Awesome, we should put everyone's medical care to a poll.

How about no cancer treatment for smokers?
No heart transplants for fat people?

Come on, if we are going to replace sound medical judgement for moral scolding, let's go all out, baby!

The only two people who should be involved in the decision to terminate a pregnancy is the woman and her doctor.

Not the Church. Not the Government. Not her partner.

Awesome, we should put everyone's medical care to a poll.

How about no cancer treatment for smokers?
No heart transplants for fat people?

Come on, if we are going to replace sound medical judgement for moral scolding, let's go all out, baby!

The only two people who should be involved in the decision to terminate a pregnancy is the woman and her doctor.

Not the Church. Not the Government. Not her partner.
A whore who has multiple abortions is disgusting. With all of the ways to prevent a potential abortion available. Leaving well enough alone can not be the way of a Prog. MAGA was a campaign slogan that was demonized for nothing. Yet the Prog campaign slogans always has arrows on it to move to insanity.

Again, prior to Roe v. Wade, women were not jailed for getting an abortion. The abortionists were.

Actually, correction. The only abortionists who got jailed were the ones who fucked up and maimed the woman.

What I expect we would see in pro-life states is a ban on abortifacients. Mail-order or otherwise. Anyone caught selling them would be arrested, not the mother.

Yes, because that sort of thing has stopped the sale of Cocaine, Fentanyl, Heroine, Crystal Meth. Oh, wait.

If Roe v Wade is overturned, I do not expect the number of abortions to decrease. Prior to Roe v. Wade, there were almost as many abortions as there were after Roe v. Wade.

So wait, you essentially want to pass laws that you know people are going to break with impunity. Does this really make sense to you? Did you learn not a thing from Prohibition?

A lot of doctors in pro-life states came up with many reasons to perform an abortion for "the health of the mother".

What I do expect to see if Roe v Wade is overturned are a shit ton of bogus horror stories perpetrated by the likes of NARAL.

Back alley abortion deaths were deliberately exaggerated by NARAL prior to Roe v Wade. The actual number of deaths from illegal abortions was about 100 a year.

Actually, it depends by what year you go by. If you go back to the 1950's, then the number of women dying in illegal abortions was in the thousands. By the 1970's, everyone was expecting these laws to be overturned and no one was enforcing them.

Do you really think the Christian Taliban is going to get these laws on the books and NOT try to enforce them? You only have to look at how they've abused fetal homicide laws to go after women like Purvi Patel to realize what they'd do if they got laws that gave them what they want.

Most illegal abortions were performed in the comfort of a doctor's office. Just as they would be if Roe v. Wade is overturned.

So it begs the question, why do you want a law on the books you KNOW people are going to break and won't have any beneficial effect?

The problem with the whole "performed in a Doctor's office" is that most doctors aren't set up to perform abortions. What you are going to see, without the proper oversight, is a lot more guys like Kermit Gosnell, who have no business performing them or practicing medicine.

Gosnell actually was breaking PA's abortion laws, because the legit providers wouldn't do late abortions. But the ONLY reason he got caught was because he was selling drugs and maimed that Nepalese woman.

You have nothing upon which you base your claim.

I have history, and the fact was that mothers were not jailed for getting an abortion. They won't be in the future, either. The abortionists will be.

But I'm sure that won't stop you or other pro-abortionists from scaring women with that invented future.

History isn't always a good guide.

If you want to look at history, let's look at prohibition. When the 18th Amendment and the Volsted Act were passed, most people had no idea the government would try for a complete ban on alcohol.

But then the moral scolds, led by Wayne Wheeler, did EXACTLY that. Crime rates spiked as Al Capone and his ilk couldn't wait to get in on the action.

In the 1960's, abortion was illegal, but not something anyone really thought that much about. Kind of think of it like the prostitution laws... on the books, barely enforced.

But now you have the Christian Taliban spending 50 years to get to this happy, happy day when they can impose themselves on those sluts!!! You really think they aren't going to take full advantage?

I agree. There will be a LOT that needs to be carefully considered if Roe is effectively overturned. FIRST, there should be a ban on media stories pushing the divisive narrative that "the right to choose" has been taken away. That's a lie. The only change that would come from overturning Roe would be that the Feds get their nose out of an issue that should be handled according to the will of the majority in each state. I would go so far as to find fault with TX because they want to truly outlaw the choice of their citizens even to go to another state for the abortion.

IMO, that should not be criminalized. We've heard an endless wailing about planned parenthood being a health provider for the poor so let them make that clear by offering to transport and provide medical services to women outside their own state. IOW, put up or shut up and no Federal dollars at all.

There is nothing divisive about it. It is the truth. A woman's right to choose will have been taken away. There should be federal legislation which codifies Roe vs Wade and bans any restrictions. It should also protect doctors and clinics who perform abortions.

It's like I keep telling @occupied, we have always exempted the mother from prosecution. Even Texas has, and they have the most hardcore pro-life law.

Always? You have to look how the Christian Taliban has abused the Fetal Homicide Laws to go after women who have had miscarriages.

Here's some helpful reading material.

Yep. Nearly half of all abortions are the result of NO birth control being used during sex. Another fifth were women who used birth control improperly or inconsistently.

We clearly need more contraception education and encouragement. Public service announcements.

Education isn't the issue, is it.

When I was in the service, I knew a young lady who was engaged to one of my fellow NCO's. (They had a bad habit of dragging me into their domestic spats...something I learned to not do after that.)

Well, when he didn't make good on his promises to marry her, she "forgot" to take birth control. This wasn't a stupid woman. She was college educated, came from a religious Asian-American family. She knew exactly what she was doing. She got an abortion because she didn't want her parents to know she wasn't still a virgin at 22.

Oh, it got better. After dumping this guy, she got back together with him, and got pregnant AGAIN. I stopped talking to either of them after that, but I don't think this woman got any smarter.

In a purely legal, Constitutional context Roe v. Wade was not a ‘landmark’ decision – it was the appropriate, logical, warranted progeny of Griswold and Eisenstadt, codifying a right to privacy, a woman’s reproductive autonomy, and limiting the authority of the state to interfere in personal, private matters, such as whether to have a child or not; individuals know best about how to conduct their lives, not government.

The Court must therefore be consistent in overturning settled, accepted precedent, which means both Griswold and Eisenstadt will likewise be abandoned.

Yeah, here's the problem. The rational of the court in Griswold was dubious at best. If you accept that there is a right to privacy lurking in the 14th Amendment to do whatever you want to your body that you want to, then Prostitution and Drug laws should also be stricken from the books.

The laws that Griswold struck down were drafted when there weren't that many effective forms of contraception available to start with. Griswold was ruled on about the same time The Pill came on the market.

The reason why Roe is still controversial and Griswold really isn't is because there is a real dispute about when life begins. Roe mostly dodged it and the accompanying decision of Doe v. Boland essentially rendered it moot. (Where any actual discussions about viability could be overriden by a dubious "health of the mother" argument).

So why I am kind of horrified that the Trump Justices are going to do what the Reagan and Bush justices had the good sense NOT to do, I actually do think that this should have been a political discussion, not a judicial one.

A whore who has multiple abortions is disgusting. With all of the ways to prevent a potential abortion available. Leaving well enough alone can not be the way of a Prog. MAGA was a campaign slogan that was demonized for nothing. Yet the Prog campaign slogans always has arrows on it to move to insanity.

"whore"? Misogyny much?

You’re the one who’s disgusting. Filthy misogynistic prick. Few women have multiple abortions and no one ever wanted to have one you disgusting swine.

Everyone of you antiabortionists is misogynistic and hates women. Your glee at the idea that women will have to suffer through this,
that I’m reading in your post is just beyond disgusting.

Campaign life your name is a lie, you don’t care if women die.

Compromise on this issue is near impossible.

The Roe decision put a square peg in a round hole, because not enough people could agree on where to draw the lines between bodily autonomy and fetal viability.

It's like I keep telling occupied, we have always exempted the mother from prosecution. Even Texas has, and they have the most hardcore pro-life law.

I saw an interview on the weekend with Frank Schaeffer whose family was instrumental in initiating the “pro-life movement”, and in enlisting the Christian Right in the cause. Billy Graham was ardently pro-choice, according to Schaeffer, and felt that abortion laws violated a woman’s right to choose her own life. Imagine that!!!

Schaefer was really clear that abortion had nothing to do with wanting to save the lives of innocent babies. The movement doesn’t care about the babies at all once they were born. The antiabortion movement is all about controlling the women’s sexuality.

The antiabortion movement is entirely based on misogyny and willingness to punish women for having sex. This isn’t about innocent babies, this is about controlling women.

Schaeffer has recanted his anti-abortion stance and apologized for the hate he has inflicted on women.

You can't have genetic testing before 20 weeks and it take 3 - 5 weeks for results. 20 weeks is not long enough.

The most serious form of infant deformity often do not become apparent until late in term. Those are the most heartbreaking abortions because those of the children who are most wanted.

Actually the most serious forms result in misarrange well before 20 weeks, which is the biological purpose for a misarrange. Most post 20 week ones are due to downs syndrome more than likely.

Again, Eugenics.

Actually, it depends by what year you go by. If you go back to the 1950's, then the number of women dying in illegal abortions was in the thousands. By the 1970's, everyone was expecting these laws to be overturned and no one was enforcing them.
By the 1970s, only about 100 women a year died from illegal abortions.

That figure of thousands was a lie as I showed in an earlier post. NARAL made it up. They deliberately lied.

Always? You have to look how the Christian Taliban has abused the Fetal Homicide Laws to go after women who have had miscarriages.

Here's some helpful reading material.

The child was born alive and the mother placed it in a plastic bag and threw it in a dumpster!

The baby was in the third trimester and died as a result of the mother poisoning herself.

Both of these examples are exceptional cases.

You’re the one who’s disgusting. Filthy misogynistic prick. Few women have multiple abortions and no one ever wanted to have one you disgusting swine.

Everyone of you antiabortionists is misogynistic and hates women. Your glee at the idea that women will have to suffer through this,
that I’m reading in your post is just beyond disgusting.

Campaign life your name is a lie, you don’t care if women die.
My, what big straw men you have, Grandma!

Another incel outing himself.

The real question is how many years will women end up serving in prison for having an abortion or even a miscarriage? If Abortion is made illegal there has to be a penalty.
We can fix that. In the Old Testament, people who screwed around outside of marriage received death by stoning. It prevents abortion altogether. Funny how hundreds of years passed with no loss of life. When parents teach their sons family values, babies are not formed inappropriately.

We can fix that. In the Old Testament, people who screwed around outside of marriage received death by stoning. It prevents abortion altogether. Funny how hundreds of years passed with no loss of life. When parents teach their sons family values, babies are not formed inappropriately.
The Taliban like old testament punishments as well.

Forum List

Back