A380 SFO Approach And Landing Multi Camera View

bitterlyclingin

Silver Member
Aug 4, 2011
You can always tell a German.........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDMDuRczDI0]Landing SFO San Francisco Airport OnBoard Airbus A380-800 - YouTube[/ame]

computer operators in the sky.......not much piloting...... no wonder so many older airline pilots are getting out.

computer operators in the sky.......not much piloting...... no wonder so many older airline pilots are getting out.

Still gotta know how a plane stays in the sky, and whats gonna happen when you utter "Flaps one", Flaps two" "Flaps three" "Flaps full" "Gear down" and if you're not ready to advance the throttles when you do, you're liable to run into trouble muy pronto. Nothin makes newspaper headlines like fallin straight out o the sky with 500 people on board from 200 feet

Last edited:

Still gotta know how a plane stays in the sky, and whats gonna happen when you utter "Flaps one", Flaps two" "Flaps three" "Flaps full" "Gear down" and if you're not ready to advance the throttles when you do, you're liable to run into trouble muy pronto. Nothin makes newspaper headlines like fallin straight out o the sky with 500 people on board from 200 feet

Data entry flying is not something any real pilot wants to do.......real pilots want cables attached to their yoke and rudder pedals.

Somebody mentioned "Real Pilots", they did.
Blue Angels at MCAS Beaufort, April, 2011. They're supposed to be back, same time, same place, this April provided DOD cuts due to sequestration don't hold sway. Love the sight of the air shimmering with the heat rising off the runway paving. The Low Country in springtime, the watermelon wagons will be rollin' soon. These guys get the same feelin' every day that you get every so often taking off out of Davis Montham, climbing to 40,000 feet, rolling the nose over and seeing Baja and the Gulf of California laid out underneath you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmiz58mcP3o&feature=related]【HD】MCAS Beaufort Air Show 2011 BlueAngels - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Neal Armstrong may be dead and gone, but there's always going to be an American standing there ready to take his place...........Well, maybe not this time in the age of Obama. Understand that according to the NYT, General Stanley McChrystal and Obama never saw eye to eye over Afghanistan. A gung ho Army General in charge of the troops whose daily life long existence was totally focused on winning each and every possible military conflict he came into contact with coming up against a guy who was determined to surrender his nation any way and by any means possible. Wonder what happened there?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuD8KXPD3HI]F22 RAPTOR UNBELIEVABLE TAKE OFF FAIRFORD 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

Somebody mentioned "Real Pilots", they did.
Blue Angels at MCAS Beaufort, April, 2011. They're supposed to be back, same time, same place, this April provided DOD cuts due to sequestration don't hold sway. Love the sight of the air shimmering with the heat rising off the runway paving. The Low Country in springtime, the watermelon wagons will be rollin' soon. These guys get the same feelin' every day that you get every so often taking off out of Davis Montham, climbing to 40,000 feet, rolling the nose over and seeing Baja and the Gulf of California laid out underneath you.

【HD】MCAS Beaufort Air Show 2011 BlueAngels - YouTube

My Dad was a U.S. Air Force fighter pilot from back when the were The Army Air Corps or Corpse if you talk like osama......flew P-40s, P-47s, P-51s, F-86s, F-89s and a number of trainers later in his career. The rivalry was pretty thick between The Navy and The Air Force...... He never took us to see the Blue Angels, he just refused until a few years after he retired. I had to work so I didn't make it but the rest of the family went.....they were flying F-4s at the time and one of the solo pilots flamed out upside down. He got it turned around and punched out but the fireball that happened seconds after he got out made them think he was still in the plane.....there was great relief when they looked up to see the parachute. I've seen them probably 4 or 5 times since, I really like the F-18s.....this was really filmed nicely but I was amazed at how sloppy the show was. In all the air shows I have been to in my life, I have never seen the problem with the smoke they were having. They are well known for how tight they fly formations but it only seemed like a couple...the close up of the Diamond formation and the one that they are kind of stack on top of each other.. the close ups were beautiful! Good show or not, they are always great to me, I love air shows.

I've been watching the Thunderbirds since they were in F-100s, F-105s, F-4s, T-38s and the current F-16s...... it will suck if the cuts these jerks in Washington are going to surely begin, screw up air shows.

I enjoyed the film, thanks.

Forum List

Back