A Woman's "RIGHT" To Choose?

-Cp said:
People do LOTS of bad things regardless of if there's a provisional law or not - that doesn't mean we should pander to them...

If women are dumb enough to try and give themselves an abortion and they kill themselves in the process? Good riddence - it'll help clean-up the "gene-pool" before they can reproduce again..

Before Roe vs Wade women didn't "give themselves abortion" disreputable Dr.'s did it for them, using unclean instruments which sometimes led to death.

Women who are the victims of rape or incest should be able to make the decision to carry the pregnancy or not. NO it isn't the babies fault but neither is it the womans fault!!!

Since you are a man and can never get pregnant and go through delivery, you have no idea what you're asking a woman to go through. Carrying the child of a rapist and going through delivery is adding insult to injury, these women deserve to choose wheather they want to go through this.

Trigg said:
Since you are a man and can never get pregnant and go through delivery, you have no idea what you're asking a woman to go through.

Agreed, but if abortion is going to be only a woman's choice, shouldn't protecting herself against pregnancy also be only her responsibility? Women want to have it both ways, "abort the kid, my (woman's) choice", "keep the kid, man must pay". If abortion is going to be legal, then women should be responsible for making sure they don't get pregnant and, if they do, then it should be their sole responsibility raise the kid UNLESS the man VOLUNTEERS to help.

Before this point gets left too far behind, I'd like to restate that Cp's original question is pretty easily answered. Where does a woman's "constitutionally guaranteed right to an abortion" come from? Nowhere. Thin air. According to the founding fathers, behavioral matters such as these are for Ohioans to decide for Ohio, and North Carolinians to decide for North Carolina. Roe vs. Wade is bad law.

musicman said:
Before this point gets left too far behind, I'd like to restate that Cp's original question is pretty easily answered. Where does a woman's "constitutionally guaranteed right to an abortion" come from? Nowhere. Thin air. According to the founding fathers, behavioral matters such as these are for Ohioans to decide for Ohio, and North Carolinians to decide for North Carolinia. Roe vs. Wade is bad law.

agreed.

Trigg said:
Before Roe vs Wade women didn't "give themselves abortion" disreputable Dr.'s did it for them, using unclean instruments which sometimes led to death.

Women who are the victims of rape or incest should be able to make the decision to carry the pregnancy or not. NO it isn't the babies fault but neither is it the womans fault!!!

Since you are a man and can never get pregnant and go through delivery, you have no idea what you're asking a woman to go through. Carrying the child of a rapist and going through delivery is adding insult to injury, these women deserve to choose wheather they want to go through this.

So I guess watching FOUR Kids being born means nothing... nope... I HAVE NO CLUE what a woman goes through..

The problem with your reasoning is that you're placing a woman's desire to escape the pain of rape over the GOD-GIVEN RIGHT TO LIFE of that baby... she needs to carry it to term and give it up for adoption...

Just like a typical lib, you're placing emotion over logic...

-Cp said:
So I guess watching FOUR Kids being born means nothing... nope... I HAVE NO CLUE what a woman goes through..

The problem with your reasoning is that you're placing a woman's desire to escape the pain of rape over the GOD-GIVEN RIGHT TO LIFE of that baby... she needs to carry it to term and give it up for adoption...

Just like a typical lib, you're placing emotion over logic...

My husband watched my FOUR kids being born and, since he didn't go through it, he has no idea what a woman goes through. He didn't have to carry them or give birth to them. (His statement not mine).

I would not want myself or my daughter to be FORCED to carry the child of a rapist!! AM I putting my psychological well being first YES!!

If you have a daughter and she is raped than you can FORCE her to go through 9 months of thinking about it every day until she gives birth, I'm sure she'll thank you when she's paying for therapy. I will never force my daughter or myself to withstand this type of thing. If a woman CHOOSES to to continue the pregnancy, more power to her, but it should be her choice.

Also, just so you know, I'm not a liberal. I'M A CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN MOTHER OF FOUR CHILDREN. I'M ALSO PRO-CHOICE FOR RAPE OR INCEST.

We could also thin out the gene pool by castrating the offending male who commits the rape or incest.

• Thanks
Reactions: Joz
freeandfun1 said:
Agreed, but if abortion is going to be only a woman's choice, shouldn't protecting herself against pregnancy also be only her responsibility? Women want to have it both ways, "abort the kid, my (woman's) choice", "keep the kid, man must pay". If abortion is going to be legal, then women should be responsible for making sure they don't get pregnant and, if they do, then it should be their sole responsibility raise the kid UNLESS the man VOLUNTEERS to help.

I can agree with you on one point. If a woman has a one night stand, doesn't protect herself, and ends up pregnant she shouldn't expect the man to help pay for the child.
If however she is in a commited relationship and this happens both should be responsible for the care of the child.

Also I have never posted that abortion should be used for birth control. All of my posts state that I'm pro-choice for rape and incest.

-Cp said:
The Unalienable rights don't specify that you "have to draw your first breath" to be guaranteed those rights....

By your arguement, those living on life support wouldn't be guaranteed these rights either...

no my statement was this:

... legaly your first birthday is not 3 months after you are born but 12 months after you are born....thus you have no rights until you draw your first breath."

this has been upheld in court

and my statement would not support your conclusion that "those living on life support wouldn't be guaranteed these rights either." as they have been born and are now on life support.

:bye1:

no1tovote4 said:
If they ever actually watched a video of an abortion taken with a Sonogram, they would definitely change their minds. It was one of the most horrific things I have ever seen. But heck, life is at the center of my religion.

This should be a requirement for high schoolers to view. It should be required in the very same class that shows children how to put condoms on cucumbers. :wtf:

If the education elites don't think they can show it, then they also need to stop with the sexualization of our children which results in such horrors.

Trigg said:
My husband watched my FOUR kids being born and, since he didn't go through it, he has no idea what a woman goes through. He didn't have to carry them or give birth to them. (His statement not mine).

I would not want myself or my daughter to be FORCED to carry the child of a rapist!! AM I putting my psychological well being first YES!!

If you have a daughter and she is raped than you can FORCE her to go through 9 months of thinking about it every day until she gives birth, I'm sure she'll thank you when she's paying for therapy. I will never force my daughter or myself to withstand this type of thing. If a woman CHOOSES to to continue the pregnancy, more power to her, but it should be her choice.

Also, just so you know, I'm not a liberal. I'M A CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN MOTHER OF FOUR CHILDREN. I'M ALSO PRO-CHOICE FOR RAPE OR INCEST.

We could also thin out the gene pool by castrating the offending male who commits the rape or incest.

So because a woman becomes a victim of rape or incest, we should just kill the baby?

You have a weak arguement Trigg.. .she's going to be remembering that rape the REST OF HER LIFE - regardless of whether or not she carries the baby to term...

It's as if you have a disconnect here... on one-hand, you don't believe in Abortion (i.e. it's murder of the unborn) but on the other hand (rape or incest) it's acceptable?

You should really stop pandering to the smallest amount of abortions out there - rape and incest. You can't have it both ways....

It's either invoking the inalienable rights of the babies or it's not.....

Again, getting back to the original post of this thread.. a woman has no "RIGHT to choose" - please, someone find that for me in the Bill of Rights. However, it's indisputable that the Delaration of Indepence constitues the value of human life (born or unborn) which should supercede any lame-ass Roe v. Wade ruling...

manu1959 said:
no my statement was this:

... legaly your first birthday is not 3 months after you are born but 12 months after you are born....thus you have no rights until you draw your first breath."

So then why is Scott Peterson being tried for the murder of two people?

-Cp said:
Where, in the Bill of Rights or the Declaration of Independance is this supposed "Right" to choose for women to have an abortion?

All I see is contrary... In fact, the babies are are killed are promised to be:

"...endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Abortion removes their Right to Life, Liberty and pursuit of happiness...

In fact, it's the right of the people to remove such governments which go against those unalienable rights:

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, "

"The Court's opinion decides that a State may impose virtually no restriction on the performance of abortions during the first trimester of pregnancy." -Justice Rehnquist

There's your "right" right there. Not that I necessarily agree with it.

nakedemperor said:
"The Court's opinion decides that a State may impose virtually no restriction on the performance of abortions during the first trimester of pregnancy." -Justice Rehnquist

Rehnquist's ruling, then, sounds suspiciously close to a "form of government becoming destuctive of those ends". Our rights, and our duties, are clear.

nakedemperor said:

No. that's not a right, it's a ruling by a dumb-ass judge.. .Their job isn't to make law, it's to interpet law from our Constitional by-laws etc...

manu1959 said:
however legaly your first birthday is not 3 months after you are born but 12 months after you are born....thus you have no rights until you draw your first breath.

Lacey Peterson was 8 months pregnant! Had Lacey lived, she could have given birth at that point, and the baby most likely would have been fine.

There are a very few instances where I would feel comfortable in saying that abortion is okay (rape, incest etc)

I am not totally against abortion, I feel woman do have a right to choose on some level...what I am totally against is partial birth abortion.

If the child could survive outside of the mother's womb...to me that would be like murder.
I don't think any woman should be allowed to have an abortion after a certain time period, say 12 weeks...(just a time amount I picked, doesnt mean anything significant) if she cant make up her mind in that time period, She should lose the option of abortion. IMO

I will admit to my own 'fogginess' in this arena. I believe life is sacred and a gift from God. This being the case, it's difficult to support abortion under any circumstance. On the other hand, in the case of a rape or incest, how can I (we) possibly condemn anyone to carry a child conceived in an unholy union like this? On the other, other hand perhaps this 'union' is God's will and we shouldn't be messing with it.

<< A bit hypocritical, but can't help it.

Killing is one of the universal no-nos ! People who kill will suffer. Our purpose on earth is to create,protect and nurture life. There are natural consequences for those who do and other natural consequences for those who don't.

dilloduck said:
Killing is one of the universal no-nos ! People who kill will suffer. Our purpose on earth is to create,protect and nurture life. There are natural consequences for those who do and other natural consequences for those who don't.
:clap: :clap:

Personally I think that Roe Vs. Wade should be overturned.

Many people in this country have the misconception that RvW made abortion legal. It did not. It made it illegal to ban abortion. Yes, there is a difference.

Before Roe, abortion was legal in some states, illegal in others. Roe forced it to be legal in all states.

In my opinion, if Roe was overturned, the people in he states could vote on it. If the people want abortion legal, it will be legal. If the they want it to be illegal, it will be illegal. Let the people decide, not the courts.

Forum List

Back