A woman being "Churched" after giving birth?

Several of the reactionary FLDS sects still practice the purification of women after childbirth.
Yeah. And just how many of them are out there? 15? 20?
There are probably 70 thousand who practice Mormon polygamy in the southwest.

May 10 to 15% are FLDS.
So, it's a very small percentage. That's what I thought. So, what's your point?
That several thousand women go through the process regularly during their childbearing years.

To this day, anti-Christian preachers and false prophets "church" new mothers while their fellows (the medical establishment witch doctors) begin practicing circumcision, other unnecessary surgery, and suchlike medical quackery upon the newborn infants without even taking the time to wash their own hands.

To this day, anti-Christian preachers and false prophets "church" new mothers while their fellows (the medical establishment witch doctors) begin practicing circumcision, other unnecessary surgery, and suchlike medical quackery upon the newborn infants without even taking the time to wash their own hands.
The word Church comes from the goddess Circe the daughter of Helios the sun god pronounced Kirk.. It was she if you remember your Greek mythology that turned Ulysses men into Swine ..Her resemblance still adorns some Churches today. I find it interesting and ironic that they want mothers to be “churched” after giving birth... Course you would have to see the swinish humour in it though...

The word Church comes from ...

Probably did exist in one form or another in various Germanic and other Indo-European languages when various polytheistic pagan religions predominated before missionaries preached Christianity.

I find it interesting and ironic that they want mothers to be “churched” after giving birth

Nothing holy or religious about it at all when it is used as a verb. The whole thing is a gross -- yes, swinish -- mockery and misapplication of the 12th chapter of Leviticus. Woman being "purified" by such "holy" men in church. Yes, men.

Forum List

Back